It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Commandment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

But your son wouldn't claim to be you…

I don't recall Jesus claiming to be his Father either.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

But your son wouldn't claim to be you…

Yashua existed before Abraham (John 8:58). Yashua stated that He and The Father are one (John 10:30), (John 5:17-18). He has the authority to judge the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). He has the authority to raise people from the dead (John 5:25-29) and to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7)—things only God the Father can do (I Samuel 2:6; Isaiah 43:25).

Yashua has the power to answer prayers (John 14:13-14), and that He will be with His followers always (Matthew 28:20). Yashua (the word) from the creation of the universe (John 1:3),

In Luke 4:8, Yashua says, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'” He said and showed many times that He is the Lord. Yashua says, for example, that He is “the first and the last” (Revelation 1:17, 22:13), which God the Father says in Isaiah 44:6.

Yashua has made it clear that He and God the Father are one (John 10:30), and says in John 14:6, “I am the way and the truth and the life.”

Nowhere at any time did Yashua state “I am a great teacher, but not God,” or, “I am just a prophet.” Never. Quite the contrary. Yashua and the Father are one. Himself / piece of himself in the flesh at the time, now again with the father.
edit on 27-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Jesus was a man of colour

The Renaissance god of the Jews was white

hmmmm - different family?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yashua's physical appearance in the flesh would most probably have been similar to middle eastern flesh tones today. I would assume anyway.

Only human fault / pride / and arrogance would require that the physical flesh of Yashua somehow has to appear as like themselves (thus seeing holiness in a perceived a physical appearance).

Fleshy physical attributes are of no significance or importance. We are all Children of the light, brothers and sisters in light, if we choose to be through the salvation offered by The Father.
edit on 27-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

This rather simple video explains where so many go off the path and do mental gynmnastics

yahweh can do whatever he likes "god gets to change the rules"

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm with you info I believe Jesus is the son of God.
He did say he and the Father are one but also he
refers to his "Father in Heaven" it's confusing but of
course Jesus Christ is deity. No normal man would've
done what he did. We're cowards.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I'm with you info I believe Jesus is the son of God.
He did say he and the Father are one but also he
refers to his "Father in Heaven" it's confusing but of
course Jesus Christ is deity. No normal man would've
done what he did. We're cowards.

It can be hard for people who have never heard the word to understand that The Father is One and that he has the power to extend himself into different roles, places, forms, and powers simultaneously. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all of himself, of one source and mind (layman's attempt to explain something that is so beyond our state of being.)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All those names for god are actually titles or descriptions of his actions of the time. His real name is Franky Sanata

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That all well and good...I just now laugh at a genocidal god that get bring bears to kill children that mocked Elisha's baldness
Not much different than Islamic extremist's that kill when someone draws a picture of Muhammad (Charlie Hebdo)

edit on 27-5-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
Can Trinitarians say this, do you think?

3 is not 1 no matter how hard you try to make it.

You are following the mindset of primitive man who live two thousand years ago. Do you realize mathematic and logical thinking was poor during that time? Jesus, Mark and the apostles were describing things to make it easier for mostly average illiterature commoners to understand in their own way. Since average commoners at that time tend to believe in magics, so yes it make sense to them.

Technically, Jesus aka Yeshua bar Yosef, most commonly known as Yeshua of Nasareth is a man, born with blood and flesh. As a man he IS the son of God. All human are, it doesnt matter what you believe in.

But Jesus is more than a man. He has the miracle and yes he claim He is God. Therefore, Jesus is also God, the father to us all, including his flesh human body.

But God is not human. No one knows how God look like. God in Jesus body exist in spirit only. The Holy Ghost as what the primitive people came to understanding.

Thefore, Jesus, the Son, the Father and the Holy Spirit is A God who look like His human son but actually a Holy Ghost.

Mathematically it should be; Jesus = Son ( Human ) = Father ( God ) = Holy Spirit ( Soul ). It's still One whatever view you take.

edit on 27-5-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It can be hard for people who have never heard the word to understand that The Father is One and that he has the power to extend himself into different roles, places, forms, and powers simultaneously. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all of himself, of one source and mind (layman's attempt to explain something that is so beyond our state of being.)

I find it funny that people seem to lose sight of what being God means.
The unbeliever says no way could someone walk on water. And scientifically
speaking they're correct. But if we're speaking ofJesus or the Father
we obviously aren't speaking scientifically.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Originally posted randyvs

Neither do I…

But Christians believe Jesus is God…

Go figure…

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Originally posted randyvs

Neither do I…

But Christians believe Jesus is God…

Go figure…

- JC

But he does say, " if you've seen me you've seen the Father"

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted
But he does say, " if you've seen me you've seen the Father"

So do you believe in that verse, that Jesus was claiming to be God…?

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
From my point of view,.... All is a creation of God from His own essence, God dwells within all, and God is greater than anything we can imagine and is transcendent and beyond All.

With this view, "to love God with all your heart and all your soul," means, to me; to love all of existence. Not a worship of the forms,... because the God that I kgnow is far beyond our physicality. It is a love of appreciation and reverence to the transcendent God immanent within His own emanation.

The second greatest commandment," to love your neighbor as yourself," means, to me; to love not only those who live near you, but to love all of mankind, for we are all one family, sharing this beautiful universe as neighbors.

Jesus also said that all of the laws of the prophets were based on love. I say we all go for that harmonious love!!!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So do you believe in that verse, that Jesus was claiming to be God…?

I believe that is exactly what he had in mind. He also said he
was sent by his Father in Heaven. No one has ever made that claim other
than Jesus.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

TextJesus pbuh has a God. Can't also be God.

Moses did.

Exodus 6:7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians (which Hagar was one).

Exodus 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Right there in Exodus it said that God was a God and Moses was a god and yet had a God. Regardless of the Muslim spin doctrine, it is right there in the good ole Christian great book. Once again you don't know what you are talking about and i have to correct your errors. Maybe you should try using the Quran or some other fable source.

You have no conception of Christianity. It is too complicated for you to understand because your mind is dense and cluttered with fables. Jesus was the Begotten Son of the Most High El in His flesh as He was in the terrestrial realm. But Jesus preexisted as God in His spirit in both the terrestrial and celestial realm.

You deny because your wits are dim. If Muhammad lives in heaven (which is doubtful) then he lives as spirit and not flesh. If Jesus lives in heaven then He also lives in Spirit and not flesh. Muhammad was not conceived by the Holy Spirit of The Most High El but only the Begotten Son Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit of The Most High El. Both had two portions of flesh and spirit in the terrestrial realm but the Spirit of Jesus preexisted as being with God and was God before He became flesh.

God is not contained in one container but permeates all that exists and all that does not exist. In that, His portions can be shown in as many portions that can be understood by a person. Some can understand only one portion while others may understand more than one but to not understand any portion is to be dim minded such as you seem to be.

Does that mean that all of God was conceived in the flesh as Jesus. No it does not because there is no all of God. God is without beginning and God is without end. Your wits are dim because your mind is cluttered with other men's minds who are also cluttered with untruths and their own vain imaginations. You must sweep your own house before you sweep another mans house. To believe a trinity can therefore be wisdom.

If you are a good Muslim, as you have bragged, then be not ashamed to use your Quran to teach and not bother with the Great Book of the Christians which includes the messages of the Christian Saint Paul. You are so full of errors it would seem impossible to teach you which is what you need.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

That all well and good...I just now laugh at a genocidal god that get bring bears to kill children that mocked Elisha's baldness
Not much different than Islamic extremist's that kill when someone draws a picture of Muhammad (Charlie Hebdo)

Hmmm.. I assume you are talking about 2 Kings 2:23 - 2:25?

biblehub.com...

23Then he went up from there unto Bethel, and as he was going up by the way, the young men [or servants] of the city came forth and mocked him, saying, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back and looked on them and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two bears came forth out of the forest and tore apart forty-two young men of them. 25And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

Research on this one:

The word נערים, negnarim, here rendered children in KJV, is translated, young men, or lads, as Genesis 22:5; Genesis 22:12; Genesis 41:12; Genesis 43:8; 2 Chronicles 13:7, and that even when the epithet קשׂנים, ketannim, little, is, as here, added to it: see 1 Kings 3:7, and Isaiah 11:6. Rendering the words, young lads.

They came out of the city, that is, Beth-el, the mother city of idolatry, where the prophets had planted themselves that they might bear witness against it, and dissuade the people from it.

These youths, it appears, did not meet with Elisha by accident, but went out with a design to insult him, knowing him to be a prophet of the true God, an advocate for his worship, and an enemy to the idolatry of the place; and having imbibed the prejudices of their parents against the true Father.

As the prophet drew near to the city these youths came after him. Such a man would be thought fit sport for the children of the Baal-worshipers of Bethel, and they were most probably set on and encouraged in their mockery by their parents. Their home education and all the associations of the place would have given them a contempt for the true servants of God. (LOL, this sounds familiar nowadays)

They likewise went in a large group, which showed that their motive was malice, and their going out not casual: it is probable that they went out, not only to deride the prophet, but likewise to prevent his entering into the wicked city.

They Mocked him and God with great enthusiasm and vehemency making game of him, as the word יתקלסו, here used, signifies; deriding, probably, both his person and ministry, and that from a profane contempt of the true God, and a passionate lust of their idolatry which they knew he opposed.

It would be their usual practice to jeer the prophets as they went along the streets, that they might expose them to contempt and ridicule, and, if possible, drive them out of the town.

Their abuse of a prophet whom God had so evidently accredited, and marked out as the successor of Elijah, whose miracles had been so many and so wonderful, was a most heinous sin, and a manifest insult offered to the true God, and was accordingly punished as such by him, all whose ways are just and holy, and who never exceeds the degree of sin in the measure of punishment, but always in the present world punishes the guilty infinitely less than they deserve.

It is not said how far the lads were injured, whether fatally or not. But the punishment, whatever its severity, came from God, not from the prophet. An example of what may have been needed under the circumstances of the time, when a new generation was growing up in full contempt of God and goodness, and the sin of the youth was not a small one, but indicated a willful opposition against good, and a preference of evil, which is often developed early, and generally goes on from bad to worse.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

lol, ignorant were the fools tricked by some birdy treats in mohammed's ear i would say.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

El and Jahweh are 2 distinct personalities in the OT

It is too complicated for you to understand because your mind is dense and cluttered with fables

LOL I have yet to see the miracle of turning Moses staff into a snake being repeated by even one of his modern day disciples

To believe a trinity can therefore be wisdom.

Only by a stretch of the words of the New Testament - a bit like the Catholic Transubstantiation

Great Book of the Christians which includes the messages of the Christian Saint Paul.

You mean this infiltrator that James warned about?
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join