It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, how do you explain this?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

This reasoning is faulty. There is no way that good mutations outweigh bad ones. No way. In fact there are so many bad mutations toward destruction, what you look at the world today is what you have. Not an evolution of man toward something. Just a lot of sick and dying and ailing, and people full of disease and misery looking for answers, and relief from their pain.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
The issue is that the OP posted this not as a question or a lead up to a healthy debate, it was a "you cant prove it thus my god must exist and you are wrong" which was then followed by the same old people spouting their "it cant be real, cos god!".

Everybody who read the Op knows it says nothing about God. Try a different tactic

I simply asked how evolutionists look at a single bone and conclude they know what the animal looked like.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: Tinystarlight

Ahh. You're a Bible believer. You believe in fairy tales and mythology, not logic, science and reason.

Sorry, I'm not going to debate to someone with a child's view of the world. I'm out.

Good. Because you never reasoned before, you were always a skeptic. And you always will be. Unless something changes you.

You could have been one of those who watched the Red Sea parted and after walking through it, lacked faith.

That is why when Jesus was asked to prove whom he was by unbelievers he gave them no signs, even though he did perform many miracles. Because he saw those in the Red Sea, and saw, that even though the saw signs and miracles, even then, they lacked faith.

It isn't a matter of showing you. Some people are so skeptical and hateful toward truth, no matter what they are shown they will always disbelieve. Because that is your nature. Hatred of truth and disbelief in God.

Not all of are your sort.

And these words have impact.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Ahh. You're a Bible believer. You believe in fairy tales and mythology, not logic, science and reason.

Evolution IS a fairy tale and mythology.

You chant "logic, reason and science" as an empty slogan without actually possessing them.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

You know, I spent a few minutes breaking down this post in replies but decided on this.

You have a good day sir and nothing we could say to each other could change our mindsets.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You know, I spent a few minutes breaking down this post in replies but decided on this.

You have a good day sir and nothing we could say to each other could change our mindsets.

I respect that.

I do believe though, that if we were together I would, either after a short time, or a long time, persuade you to believe the way I do.

I do with most people I know.

And not a few who used to think like you.

It is a lot harder with people who I don't see face to face though.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I agree with ops. I also hate learning stuff and would rather just say its all dumb because god did it through magic.

Like..."science"..what has science ever done. They dont even know how the moon stays up in the sky!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

originally posted by: Jefferton

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not sure how people drawing extinct animals disproves evolution

That's not what I said

How can a single jawbone be the basis for an understanding of what the creature may have looked like

Evolutionists just magically know everything, don't they.

Yes, "God did it" is less magical answer, right?
*eye roll*

Chanting "evolution did it" without proof isn't exactly scientific

So, "God did it", is more scientific?
Please don't avoid the absurdity and hypocrisy of your own beliefs.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tinystarlight
either after a short time, or a long time, persuade you to believe the way I do.

I find the best arguments on how to make people believe is to not let them sleep, keep telling them eternal torture awaits if they question, and maybe some waterboarding.
You know..faith..like how x-ianity spread to begin with

At least your humble while being soo amazing.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

That's not what I said

How can a single jawbone be the basis for an understanding of what the creature may have looked like

*eye roll*

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

That's not what I said

*eye roll*

Op isn't about God

I asked a very specific question, about how evolutionists come to conclusions looking at a single bone

Its funny how every time the frail theory of evolution is questioned, atheists show up to make posts about God. I guess it's easier than answering questions.

Sad and funny at the same time

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

either after a short time, or a long time, persuade you to believe the way I do.

I find the best arguments on how to make people believe is to not let them sleep, keep telling them eternal torture awaits if they question, and maybe some waterboarding.
You know..faith..like how x-ianity spread to begin with

At least your humble while being soo amazing.

LOL. I should say, some, not most. You are correct. It is a lot more than you can imagine, hundreds of people actual. And that is not bragging.

Throughout a lifetime. When I was in my biology class, my teacher actually became a believer after an entire year of debating me about Jehovah and Jesus in front of the class. Almost everything she had taught us about evolution I had been taught about years before, and I showed her exactly where here information was coming from, and what the Bible really said, and what the truth was.

I had several classmates listen as well, in that class alone.

What I have come to learn is this. There are people who are open-minded. Many have been taught that evolution is true but know no better. Many of these people realize that what they feel have no answers in it. Such as, what is the purpose to life? Why am I here? Why is there suffering? Is there all there is?

Many people raised in atheist houses who are never taught God exist, logically conclude he does. And also have these same questions.

You, if you are a thinking person have thought of these questions at some time.

A skeptic just rejects everything unless it is a lie. And then the skeptic will accept it at face value.

But not everyone is a skeptic.

Sure there are a lot of shallow, void, numskulls, who, you fill their skulls with whatever you please they will believe it, and feel Superior to everyone for it, not everyone is as shallow. In fact there are many people that are not that shallow.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

That's not what I said

*eye roll*

Op isn't about God

I asked a very specific question, about how evolutionists come to conclusions looking at a single bone

Its funny how every time the frail theory of evolution is questioned, atheists show up to make posts about God. I guess it's easier than answering questions.

Sad and funny at the same time

Well there are really only a couple of options. Science, or God.

Also your crap attitude is sad and funny as well.

edit on 25-5-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Oh dear. I see that the thread has become another shoutathon. Let's start off by pointing out that the OP has presumably never heard of the search function on this website. We have thread after thread after thread on evolution. People express doubts about it. Other people explain how evolution works. This is then misunderstood, or ignored, or twisted by certain posters who have their own agenda - they are religious and refuse to admit that the theory of evolution is based on a solid scientific foundation. As a result everything goes around and around and around. Then it starts up again in the next thread, where the same people shout the same things - and ignore all the evidence provided about evolution in past threads.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

what is the purpose to life?

To procreate

Why am I here?

Because your parents procreated. Other than that, you gotta decide that for yourself (hint: to procreate)

Why is there suffering?

Pain is the best system of alert for danger and damage to the body. It allows us to tend to defects so we can better procreate successfully

Is there all there is?

Well, there is also space and the rest of the universe stuff..but this is enough for the 4 score and a bit we might get from life.

Many people raised in atheist houses who are never taught God exist, logically conclude he does.

logically...of course..because a deity who created a vast seemingly endless complex universe is super freaking concerned about if your beard is cut properly (OT)

And also have these same questions.

Next time you see them, tell them its to procreate.

You, if you are a thinking person have thought of these questions at some time.

Thinking? I would like to think so (see what I did there? if not, think about it...)

A skeptic just rejects everything unless it is a lie. And then the skeptic will accept it at face value.

I'm not sure you know what the definition of a skeptic is...You realize you are a skeptic..just of evidence

But not everyone is a skeptic.

Yes, toddlers will believe anything

Sure there are a lot of shallow, void, numskulls, who, you fill their skulls with whatever you please they will believe it, and feel Superior to everyone for it, not everyone is as shallow. In fact there are many people that are not that shallow.

Irony alert
At least you are better than them, because you know the truth..the true truth that is.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

That's not what I said

*eye roll*

Op isn't about God

Well, what specific bone is op discussing? didn't say outside of some blanket statement

Ever wonder how a tracker can know the weight, speed, and other attributes of a animal or person by just seeing a footprint?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Is that what you would tell Legion? In fact, did Legion have a purpose? Was he created? Do you know who Legion really is?
edit on 25-5-2017 by Tinystarlight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

wasn't Legion's purpose to show that pigs are evil?

and tend to run off cliffs?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

At no point have I renounced a god, just not one that you would understand. I have always been open to new ideas and the truth. I have yet to see you expose anything, all you are doing is badly defending yourself in an argument about fact over fiction.

Your religious texts are flawed as they were written by men who barely understood the world. Science grows, changes and evolves. Religion stay still, stagnates and loses its grip on reality.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Is that what you would tell Legion? In fact, did Legion have a purpose? Was he created? Do you know who Legion really is?

I would tell my toaster, if it cared to ask, that its purpose is to toast bread.
I would tell legion the same...it is a failed sexbot with a stupid flashlight for a head

The comparison is made of complete fail btw.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join