It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s the Masonic view on Demons…?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

People have been bombarding you with answers saying every mason can habe their own beliefs in regards to religion. You go to Morocco all masons are muslims, in America some are Christians in France some are Atheists. In India freemasons will be Hindus in the most part.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Must be commentaries at least on the topics that you have come across.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
i was under the impression that freemasons were more or less a fraternity dedicated to the preservation and promotion of community and human welfare. but you guys are making it sound more and more like an alternative church.

I starred this, but yet I wonder, it is not just an alternative church ?

We peasants need enlightenment as to why and how it IS so beneficial to most members.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Joecroft
But Masons must have ideas and thoughts...right…?...and texts from which to draw some conclusions from etc…

We draw our conclusions from the same places everyone else does.

This is what I’m curious about though…what if a Mason is faced with a Demonic haunting…what happens then…?

How would they handle such a situation from a Masonic world view perspective…?

Their is no 'Masonic worldview' on this topic. If someone felt they had a demon issue I suppose they would have to find another avenue to handle it since Masonry does not, despite the glorious rumors to the contrary, deal with demonology.

On appearance, by some kind of order of respect, I imagine.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Anyway, what did you think my opinion was…?

That there is an opinion and answer for your demon issues in Masonry.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
On appearance, by some kind of order of respect, I imagine.

Oh, you caught us!

We really all do believe in demons and just want to hide from the 'awake' and clever people like you. I mean we cant have you knowing where our orders come from now, can we?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

There’s witness testimony…that’s at least one form of evidence…

So stating there’s “zero evidence” is pretty __accurate___…(fill in the blank)…

You're welcome
edit on 27-5-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

There’s witness testimony…that’s at least one form of evidence…

So stating there’s “zero evidence” is pretty __accurate___…(fill in the blank)…

You're welcome

"Arrogant" is the word you're looking for...

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted AugustusMasonicus
That there is an opinion and answer for your demon issues in Masonry.

But you said I didn’t like the opinions because they didn’t align with mine…

That wasn’t the case…I didn’t form any opinions prior to asking the question in my OP…sure, I had ideas, but no real solid opinion…

Anyway, I appreciate the information you gave, although calling me delusion was a little harsh I thought…

Peace

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

"Arrogant" is the word you're looking for...

Nope. I was looking for accurate and that's what I wrote,

Don't leave a 'fill in the blank' and then presume to tell me what I was looking for.

Oh wait-- sorry.. The demons made me do it. Soz.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Originally posted noonebutme
Nope. I was looking for accurate and that's what I wrote,

Don't leave a 'fill in the blank' and then presume to tell me what I was looking for.

I wrote the sentence, so I knew what was meant to go in the blank…you just weren’t on my wave length…

Sorry, that’s just the way it is…brother!!!

- JC

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I wrote the sentence, so I knew what was meant to go in the blank…you just weren’t on my wave length…

Right, so it was a rhetorical device that backfired.

With regards to evidence, 'eye witness accounts' are not reliable. Forgetting your notion of made up fairies and ghoulish nasties, just in your standard court of law, there are not reliable. For example, THIS and THIS talk about how memories can be easily muddled and wrong, and how a jury will take this over other genuine evidence.

I would argue that supernatural claims require extraordinary evidence and eye witness testimony to the Devil or his minions is not evidence in the slightest.
edit on 27-5-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Right, so it was a rhetorical device that backfired.

No, I wrote the sentence with the word “arrogant” in mind, but deliberately left it blank so as not to offend you. But then you forced my hand…

With regards to evidence, 'eye witness accounts' are not reliable. Forgetting your notion of made up fairies and ghoulish nasties, just in your standard court of law, there are not reliable. For example, THIS and THIS talk about how memories can be easily muddled and wrong, and how a jury will take this over other genuine evidence.

But witness testimony is only part evidence and should always be tied in with other evidences and sources, for careful assessment and analysis etc…

Finding a fingerprint at a crime scene, and taking down a witness testimony, of who was at a given premises at a specific time; are all collectively pieces of evidence…

I would argue that supernatural claims require extraordinary evidence and eye witness testimony to the Devil or his minions is not evidence in the slightest.

That’s fine; granted, 1 testimony on it’s own doesn’t exclusively prove anything, but it’s still a form or a piece of evidence. You initially stated there was “zero evidence”, which just isn’t true…

Anyway, I didn’t start this thread to try and prove Demons exist…

Atsers who start threads in the RFT section don’t have to constantly prove that God exists…

- JC

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join