It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watertown, Tennessee - 1997

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have this memory etched into my brain forever. My mother just brought it up and as I started recollecting the memory I started mentally returning to that time and place. It scares the **** out of me, here I am thinking about something that happened 20 years ago and it still shakes me up. Although not the grandest story; imagine being 13 years old and having this happen.

It was a clear night in Watertown, Tennessee. If you don't know the area; Watertown is an area that we in TN call the sticks, way out in the secluded hills of TN. It was 1997, during spring time, and I was 13 years old. I went to bed just like any night, probably thinking about that pretty girl that I had a crush on and wondering if I was going to build the courage up to ask her out the next day in school.

I fall asleep and then wake up at around 1:00am to 3:00am in the morning. Something was illuminating my entire room like the sun was out. I looked at my clock and I am not exactly sure but it was somewhere between 1:00am and 3:00am. The anxiety started then. My first thought was that it was a helicopter and it was shining a spotlight on my house, but wait a minute there was no sound at all, dead silence. My next thought was that someone had driven their car right up to my room and had their bright lights turned on facing my room. This thought gave me more anxiety because what kind of wacko does that. I build up the courage and look out the window and just above the tree-tops was something hovering. It made no noise, and did not move an inch. It just sat there perfectly in one spot shining its bright light on either my entire house or just my window. Now I was scared ****-less. I knew what aliens were I had seen the hour long specials on shows like 60 minutes containing stories about aliens and abductions.

I slowly move away from the window and could barely move I was so struck with fear. I lay down in my bed and pull the covers over my head, still able to see the illumination of my room. I lay there under the cover for probably 5-10 minutes praying that the light go away. I feel like something is in the kitchen but don't dare look as I stay frozen under my comforter. It seemed like an eternity but the illumination finally stops. I wait under the covers as I build the courage up to go in my dad's room. I finally build up enough courage and make a run for it to my dads room and lie beside his bed and fall asleep.

My dad is one of those hardened kind of characters and did not want to hear about aliens. If I would have told him about the light he would of said it was a helicopter. I know for 100% fact this was not a helicopter. I was in the Air Force for 6 years and lived around aircraft. This thing made no noise, was pitch black, and had a light as bright as the sun but pure white, like the xenon headlights in higher end cars.

I did not tell anyone the story until one day my dad told me a story of his own. He woke up one night while a bright light illuminated the same house and said three beings were in his room. He said he was not scared, and I believe him because he's not scared of anything... trust me. He did not say a word more of detail about his encounter and told me not to worry about it. He told me his story 17 years after my incident. So I told him my story as I got goosebumps just speaking about it.

The end.

Now I am curious. Hypothetically, if this were aliens; what do you guys think they are doing when they are shining that beam of light on the house?
edit on 22-5-2017 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: waggz

I believe their beams might be like FLIR or X-Rays. Examining the contents and occupants in the house. I too had a few strange experiences in Maine when I was younger so I believe your story at face value. One day I'll make a post about my experiences. Very creepy indeed. I still get chills and goosebumps every time I see a Greg alien.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The light thing is what gets me every time. With my first memory of my experiences- which were somewhat hidden until something jarred them awake- it was always that light. White and bright but very soothing at the same time, almost sterile in its existence.

Have there been other experiences? Did your mother bringing up the moment cause you to remember or did you all along? It seems your family might have a history of strangeness....?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malraux
The light thing is what gets me every time. With my first memory of my experiences- which were somewhat hidden until something jarred them awake- it was always that light. White and bright but very soothing at the same time, almost sterile in its existence.

Have there been other experiences? Did your mother bringing up the moment cause you to remember or did you all along? It seems your family might have a history of strangeness....?

The only other experience is one that my dad, aunt, grandfather, and grandmother all corroborate. They say they were at one of Tennessee's state parks "Cedars of Lebanon" and saw a disc shaped object slowly moving along the tree tops and then disappeared. This happened around 1976 when my father was a lot younger.

I have always remembered this story. The only difference is this time I delved deep into the memory as If I were there again and can remember every detail.

Other than that we are a pretty normal family.
edit on 22-5-2017 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Was your dad also in the military? They do strange experiments on enlisted people sometimes. I've even heard of some children being offered for experiments by their parents.

We've had all the "alien" craft of our own working since the 1950's, so I've heard from whistle-blowers. They try to make people think it's aliens, when it's actually the military abducting people. Many abductees have said they saw people in military uniforms aboard the ships.

Just wondering if you come from a military family?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Sled , I do not come from a military family.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

A bright light, the highly illuminated ship itself or one shining from the craft toward the person is an introductory ploy of the ETs to create high anxiety and even total fear in the chosen subject. From that created state the subject is evidently open to, or more vulnerable to the mind control techniques that the ETIs use.

They read us like a book. The want to know our state of mind and are making the personal call to put into you what they wish. Yes, it sounds like the CIA's MK-Ultra business but....

Of course, you want to know the reason why for yourself if not your father too. It couldn't have been just happenstance, or an clerical error on their visits list, but a planned visit with a purpose. So what to do outside of pondering it?

I suggest a self-analysis exercise, using pen and paper. You were at a formative age at your encounter. Draw a line down the center of the page and on the left side list all of what you remember about your characteristics as a young teenager. Was any heavy thinking about any aspect of the universe? What was your attitude toward people, the world in general, religion, science and ETIs?

On the other side of the paper note how you thought and conducted your life after that. Did you develop a philosophy of substance? What were your interests as you matured? Religious views? World views. Interests in specific aspects of human existence such as pyramids, UFOs, psychology? Try to decide if your experience may have had any bearing on your life that set you off in a far different direction than that you probably would have trod without the experience.

If you've father any children, are they normal kids such as you would expect or are any different or even difficult for you to fathom? My son has had a lot of difficulty with his experience.)

(I'm drawing on my personal experience as a roadside abductee back in 1964 and my son's bedside experience many years later in 1991. My belief is that the ETIs put strong philosophies into abductee and change our DNA to be past on a new breed.)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Thank-you particularly for that last paragraph. I always wonder why E.T. have been abducting humans for hundreds of years. After the first 100 or so abductions, there's nothing more for an intelligent species to learn about Human makeup.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thank-you particularly for that last paragraph. I always wonder why E.T. have been abducting humans for hundreds of years. After the first 100 or so abductions, there's nothing more for an intelligent species to learn about Human makeup.

If you have been curious about the rise of the millennials in the Western World, you may want to reconsider your view and wonder how DNA changes can play a part in refashioning humanity. Your view seems a bit short-sighted to me if I understand it correctly, but what do I know, a confessed UFO abductee? I have zero credibility.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thanks for your post Aliensun. It really is intriguing and has given me much to think about.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I will read this later. I gave u a star n flag. It looks interesting. TC be safe.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. The three beings, visited and left? Sure, that's possible, maybe scoping out who was in the home. Do you think maybe there's something he just can't or couldn't recollect to tell you? Also, did he ever go into more detail such as describing them?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Same experience as your father and you. Room lit up, However, I could see the bottom of the saucer craft in my room, and 3 entities were standing next to my bed. Actually I was frightened and reacted quite suddenly - jumping out of bed and punching the closest entity in the face, turning and running down the hall to my parents bed without looking back. I was roughly 4 or 5 years old, However strangely I did not remember the incident until randomly a year or so after it happened.. Always thought it was a dream until I started seeing UFOS behaving in a way that defies "accepted reality", and with increased frequency and proximity as time goes on.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: WorShip

I guess the three aliens must have been really short for a youngster not yet 6 to punch one in the face.

--Not saying it didn't happen....

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct, they were roughly my height, maybe a few inches above. The one I hit was closer, with 2 either side of him on his flanks. Basically typical grey form, although I didn't exactly stay to examine for a prolonged period of time, after I noticed the light in my room, I noticed the presence, I turned my head (laying in bed at this point), and see them standing there, thats when I suddenly jumped out of bed and did what I did, only in my view for a matter of seconds.

And don't worry, I'm just as skeptical of it as you. I don't know what to believe, I would never have considered it if not for seeing some drastic things in the sky. A curious mystery to say the least.
edit on 23-5-2017 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just remember that not all ETs are the "bad guys".

How do you tell the difference? If they come to abduct you, tell them NO. If they walk away, they are the good guys, if they take you anyway, they're not.

If they walk away, tell them you changed your mind and you'll go. You might be missing out on a great experience if you don't.

Some people have reported that they only wanted to take them aboard to teach them things about the universe, and other things. One woman said they let her drive the ship into space.

So, next time anyone sees them coming, and they come near you, just say NO, and see what happens. If they take you anyway, that's when it's time to get scared.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So was the night your Dad was talking about seeing three beings the same night you saw the bright light above the trees? Interesting story.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Thanks for sharing. The three beings, visited and left? Sure, that's possible, maybe scoping out who was in the home. Do you think maybe there's something he just can't or couldn't recollect to tell you? Also, did he ever go into more detail such as describing them?

I do believe he remembers more of it but he will not tell me. You cant really pry anything out of him, he has a really strong character, most consider him intimidating. He will probably tell me before too long, but when... it may be in his death-bed. He knows it would scare the crap out of me, and he probably thinks I would never come around the house anymore. Honestly I decided I would never live in the secluded country side a long time ago solely because of my experience. It gives those mofos too easy access to come visit you unnoticed.

edit on 23-5-2017 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: torok67

Torok, when my dad told me his own story it was very recent to his experience. So you could say he had that experience around 17 years after my experience. It does make me wonder if whatever it was, was actually visiting my father that night in 1997.

The thing that spooks the hell out of me is the fact that the light was already shining on the house when I had woken up. I have no idea what was going on before I woke up.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WorShip

We tend to forget aliens come in all sizes--hard as that is to believe for the non-believers! They can't seem to accept that we new intranets into the nuclear age are the current new stopping-off-spot in the galaxy.

One of my daughters at about seven had at least three little blue, rounded beings come into her bedroom. That was in about 1968 or '69.

new topics

top topics

join