It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Backgrounds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I can barely see 'em now days with the screen setup. Though, one I've caught a glimpse of seemed pretty totalitarian, making me wonder why it was chosen, likely to display the issue of that history wise, etc.

Members chose them as far as I know. Maybe contact mods to have a new vote of images?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I like the stars/galaxy or whatever you call that pic. Keep it spacey and mysterious. I use the dark background.
The others I try to block them out of my mind. I hate to enlarge the screen to where I can't see the borders because then the words are too big. So They are there in your face like them or not. I'm just relieved we had the option to use the dark theme.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
all the backgrounds in full www.abovetopsecret.com...

the nebula is my favorite

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have never liked most of the current backgrounds. Too hum-drum imo.

I have offered my artwork to use on a few occasions but never taken up on the offer.

Would love to see them changed for something a little more colourful.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I hoped they would dissapear when I joined, but alas.

I don't see the point in forcing people to look at emotion inducing pics, especially since it seems to slow down loading times.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I've been known to refresh the page when I didn't like a background.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I have to say for the most part I really enjoy the originality of the backgrounds. It tells quite a bit about the member.

The scientific, futuristic ones are my favs-the sexy ladies, macho men, cartoons are hilarious-seems they are attempting to project a certain image-but arn't most of us?

Yeah, some are very disturbing, but, again, it's a window into that member's attempt to project themselves or hide behind a certain persona.

They all really add to the originality and special part of ATS.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
As a conspiracy theorist, I'm skeptical of everything, including this site. No offense, ATS. I've noticed some very suspicious threads in the past. I'm getting better at recognizing an NLP speaking, intentional word misspelling, sock puppet who uses the space bar in odd ways.

NeVer trust sum-one who miss spells simpull words. Uses the space bar in question-able ways. And hyphen-ates words
Un-neccessarily. Call me crazy call me para-noid but watch out four NLPee doubles-peek. What-ever you doo domt look at the c. Disc. Us. This place is one big so-CIA-L ex-peeriment. A testyng grounds. If you will. Read between the lines, you must.

ETA: How odd. How come all my extra spaces get removed and the sock puppets don't? That's inter-esting.

edit on 5 19 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 19 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Would it be better all flowers, butterflies, puppy dogs and kittens?

This is ATS after all....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Would it be better all flowers, butterflies, puppy dogs and kittens?

This is ATS after all....
Precisely... Like I said, this site is, or at least used to be, a conspiracy site. I don't see anything wrong with having backgrounds that signify that. Maybe a giant alien head staring at us in the background would be more appropriate, but whatever....

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm no fan of them either but it doesn't take long to load pages so doesn't bother me.

I guess if your using a 32"+ monitor then you'd see them more.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Yep.... My point sympathetic to yours.... But as someone else said.. We really don't have to stare at them very long

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Quite interesting are the many tell tale architectural signatures put in plain sight... as thousands of people a day stroll right by them without offering a thought to actually reading the writing on the wall.

All of the backgrounds here are from sources of significance... they aren't just random. I feel they're all related to a time in history that sparked a lot of conspiracy debate. They tell a story and get the mind working.

The lack of color, I feel, is to limit the subliminal emotional responses that color initiates in the brain. Reds and yellow spark energy... often make people want to eat and focus on high energy. Put too many greens and blues in there and it relaxes the mind. Neutral earth tones, black. white, and grey provide a neutral emotional setting... to help induce a less likely scenario that color induces one to come unhinged. There's enough people coming unhinged well enough on their own... I prefer for ATS to stay a neutral, so thought and debate can be focused at a higher rate. The less distractions the better...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

IIRC, the backgrounds are a result of admins calling for user contributions to fill that space?

Something like that.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The nebula one is the only one I love. Wish we could just keep that one!

I'd even go for aliens.

But...nebula for the win!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Is there a reason why all the backgrounds are tanks riot police NWO mural etc

Ummm,

You're on A.T.S.

You expect roses, sunshine, and rainbows?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's 2017 people. Learning how to change the background of your favorite website is just a Youtube search away and it only takes a couple of minutes the first time. After that it's just a matter of seconds.

You don't have to suffer, seek and you shall find.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Look up Maxo Vanka or just go to vankamurals.org...

They are in a Croatian immigrant church near Pittsburgh, PA and have a purpose.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join