It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath That Trump Didn't Obstruct Investigations

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
BIGGEST WITCH HUNT IN THE HISTORY OF THE USA.

Well, there's the actual, um, witch hunts..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: DJW001

Lol thanks for exposing that you secretly still believe Trump supporters are Nazis.

Not all Trump supporters are Nazis but all Nazis are Trump supporters and there's the rub.

Most of the Nazi like behaviour I have seen over the last 12 months has come from people protesting Trump, so I think you might be rubbing in the wrong place.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I did some more reading on the subject, and found out that Trump asked Comey for his allegiance a few times, and also asked him to let the Flynn investigation go. When Comey was fired, it seems an awful lot like he was fired because he was not willing to side with the President on the investigations.

It could be argued that the obstruction of justice happened when Comey was fired, and that the other actions show intent.

Did Trump Obstruct Justice? (Politico)

All phony sources.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I think Mr. Wittes is a "Controlled Confirmation" operation in league with specific MSM agendas.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not exactly. A potential president espouses his beliefs and what he wants to do. The populace votes based on what that president espouses. The democratic republic is set up in a way as a representative republic so that no one group, or state etc... can decide who to put in office, but to expect that person to try and cater to a total society who have a completely perspective and desire for the country is asinine.

A representative republic, like we have, ensures that the best person (of those available) for the needs of the people (the little guy and the big guy) are met; however, you can't expect any president to change his views to try and cater to the desires of so diverse a populace.

That's why IMO, the US is too big for its breaches and we need to get away from central government having so big a role and have state and even local governments more involved.

Jaden

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

No, it was like he said, there hasn't been ANY attempts to shut down an investigation for political reasons in his experience...LOL

How ridiculous can some of you be to try and play a game of semantics with this??

Jaden

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Yeah and saying, In my experience there has never been an attempt to shut down an investigation for political reasons, is pretty damn straight forward. It is not a contextual statement, it is a generalized statement that would be inclusive of, wait for it, any attempt to shut down an investigation for political reasons.

Jaden

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

so the only definition of Obstruction of Justice is the DOJ ordering a "halt' to "that FBI investigation"???

The folks that live in reality and specifically the entirety of the legal profession think that is delusional BS.

YES...A sitting President suggesting the FBI "let go" the subject of criminal investigation is Obstruction of Justice.

YES...Firing an FBI Director when he does not take that suggestion is obstruction of justice..

NO..A directive to cease an investigation from DOJ does not have to be issued in order for their to be Obstruction of Justice.

Lord people...be good to your brains...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: tigertatzen

Yeah and saying, In my experience there has never been an attempt to shut down an investigation for political reasons,

WTF are you talking about?

LISTEN...READ...What he said...

Nothing about whether there had ever been an ATTEMPT to discourage, interfere with etc.

The word ATTEMPT is nowhere in the question..

He was asked if DOJ ever "HALTED AN INVESTIGATION"..(For Political Purposes) he said no.

How are people unable to read or hear simple words..

Halting an investigation is not the same as attempting to influence.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

To be fair, he was speaking in the context of the DOJ not telling him to end any investigation, so it's a slight mischaracterization of his comment and thus, he didn't really purger himself.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

In case you haven't noticed, Trump expresses himself with what is technically known as word salad. In order to understand what he actually means, you have to connect disjointed words into a coherent thought. Because his mind jumps around, he frequently reveals his unconscious motivations by accident. The proximity of Trump's comment about the Russia investigation to his justification for firing Comey suggests that they are definitely connected. I hope you don't believe he was fired for being mean to Hillary Clinton.

Pretty easy to understand the guy if you have sufficient knowledge of world events, can walk and chew gum at the same time, or are not getting so hung up on each syllable trying to find something to complain about that you simply listen.

Quite frankly if you can't keep up with the guy in his conversation style its your own lack of knowledge and sheer will to refuse to understand. I know it's beyond a lot of people to understand someone who can discuss three topics in a single paragraph that leaves out needless fluff and adjectives and is actually talking instead of reading prepared scripts.

Just like good friends and spouses can have entire conversations with just a few broad words, body motion, and expressions - if you understand why Trump was voted in, you understand him....easily.
edit on 19-5-2017 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

And if someone lied under oath, why would we trust memos they create?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

He has his own notse and sources to verify the facts--Trump did try to stop the investigation. Trump [snipped] will likely resign.
edit on Sat May 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmos101

He has his own notse and sources to verify the facts--Trump did try to stop the investigation. Trump [snipped] will likely resign.

So he lied under oath?
edit on Sat May 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something like that -- without an appropriate purpose.

I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

It's not happened in my experience.

I mean that's pretty straight forward, the FBI has never been told to stop something for a political reason, in his experience. That would be an attempt...duurrrr!!!!

Jaden

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Do you see Trump asking Comey to end the Flynn investigation in the quote “I hope you can let this go”?

I’m no lawyer, but I can’t see any judge or jury in the United States prosecuting someone for expressing a hope that the future turns out well for his friend.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I mean that's pretty straight forward, the FBI has never been told to stop something for a political reason, in his experience. That would be an attempt...duurrrr!!!!

Jaden
Duhhhhh, the question was in regards to the DOJ.

You didn't include the whole exchange.

There's a rule every first year law student learns, it's called completeness of evidence. You can't just take the last part of the exchange between Comey and the questioner, you have to include the entire exchange.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vind21

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

In case you haven't noticed, Trump expresses himself with what is technically known as word salad. In order to understand what he actually means, you have to connect disjointed words into a coherent thought. Because his mind jumps around, he frequently reveals his unconscious motivations by accident. The proximity of Trump's comment about the Russia investigation to his justification for firing Comey suggests that they are definitely connected. I hope you don't believe he was fired for being mean to Hillary Clinton.

if you understand why Trump was voted in, you understand him....easily.

Like a verbal Rorschach test where the right wing can hear buzz words they like and mentally fill in the rest.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I’m no lawyer, but I can’t see any judge or jury in the United States prosecuting someone for expressing a hope that the future turns out well for his friend.

Exactly! Bill Clinton was only being honest when he told Lynch that he hoped everything would work out all right for his wife.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join