It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 67 years old, and I was having a bath as opposed to a shower.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My mistake was when it was time to rise up from the bath my right hand was covered with soap. and it slipped and my right rib cage landed on the bath whatever you call the sides of the bath that prevent the water from flowing out.

Pretty much sudden pain. So I got hold of aspirin with codeine by talking to a pharmacist here in Canada. No prescription by a doctor required.

So I swallowed 2 of these over the counter pills, and at first it seemed to help. But then I started to feel like throwing up. The codeine is an opioid, and that is what caused the throwup thing, How the hell is there an opioid crisis in North America. How are these people ignoring the throwup problem since their opioid intake is significantly more than mine?

So I said goodbye to the very weak opioid cadeine, and found a doctor who cost zero dollars since I live in Canada, and she prescribed a non-opioid drug that is good for bones, and it seems to be working, The test will be tomorrow when I try to eat breakfast. If I don't feel naseous then it will be a happy improvement.

I have to be very careful in the bathtub since I am getting old. Note to self.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Codeine always has that effect when you first take it. If you take it for an extended period you get used to it.

Glad to hear you've found a drug that doesn't make you puke though.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Plus there's a conspipation problem with opioids such as codeine.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Codeine is not that mild if you don't have any tolerance to it. A few years back i was prescribed to it for a while because i broke my metatarsus (The part of the foot between the toes and the ankle, especially its five bones.). Failed frisbee jump-catch landing. The dosage was 1-2 pills not more than three times a day. Ate 2 immediately when i got home from doctor and pharmacy because i really wanted to get rid of the agonizing pain and sleep for a while. Slept for like 12 hours straight and i normally don't sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time.

I was kind of "out of it" for the maybe an hour before i fell asleep. Didn't particularly enjoy the feeling.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Good move dumping the opiate. Nothing good will come of it. Just roll up a nice cigarette of marijuana and enjoy the therapeutic qualities of this natural medicine. That is legal in Canada too, right??

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Good move dumping the opiate. Nothing good will come of it. Just roll up a nice cigarette of marijuana and enjoy the therapeutic qualities of this natural medicine. That is legal in Canada too, right??

This is what i wanted to say actually, but got frightened of getting banned.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It will be legal everywhere for recreational next year, but right now supposeded medicinal no longer requires a doctors note.
It is happening! Bring it on!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

I can tell you when i reach 67 years of age, i will be long gone or if not, i won't be able to get into the bathtub. You seem like a nice and open-minded person, that will probably help you heal faster.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Plus there's a conspipation problem with opioids such as codeine.

Then you'll need a strong laxative to counter that problem and before you know it, one day you slip in the tub, and the next you're a heroine junky who can't hold their #, so you may need some Metamucil when you check in for detox or things might start to get out of hand..

edit on 18-5-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

yea, taking drugs to counter effects of drugs that you will need more drugs to counter more effects...
but weed is bad, cuz .. you know ..... MARIJUANA IS EVIL!

damn pharma pigs and their greedy lust for $$$.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Especially since thigh muscles will be getting weaker. For the sake of safety, I have adopted the habit of turning round to crouch face down before attempting exit.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Consider a walk in bath tub...

they're a bit pricey but may worth the IF you're doing baths

Even if you're unsteady in showers, you might want to get handles installed

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork
Sound like a young kid,not unlike others,when you get old pain stays with you,this is reality,inept kids think nothing actually happens to them,some drugs need to be taken to alleviate pain,but on the same hand people in Canada drink quite heavily,alchohol makes me ill and nauceous,I too wonder why people destroy themselves ,it's because people nowdays want the instant cure,who cares about long term effects,all I know is the people who own these companys are the ruling elite,knowing money to be made off vices,and vices sell real cheap these days

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Scary experience, especially if you live alone I imagine. My mother was unable to tolerate codeine either. We tried long term and never could she handle it as part of pain management.
The safety bars are a good idea.
I hope you recover quickly and with no complications. Ribs can take several weeks to heal depending on what you've done (severity). Be mindful of difficulty breathing, of course. You would likely know fairly quickly if you've actually 'broken' a rib and punctured something. Try to not breathe too shallow either (could induce pneumonia).
Good luck!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of you fall. Age is catching up with us all.

But, I envy you the ability to bathe in a tub, since my heart episode last fall, I have consumed so much salmon. When I am immersed in water, I try to swim up stream.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Gosh i know how sore that can be.When we still lived in the city about 14/15 years ago,i once slipped in the bath like that.I stood up in the bath but my foot slipped and i fell down on the side of the bath hitting my right rib so hard it knocked my breath out of me.Then the pain it was bloody hellish.For about 2 weeks it hurt to breathe even.I didn't take anything for it though,i figured seeing its bone that got hurt only time would heal it.My sympathy though i know how sore that is.

One should be careful in the bath at any age though,our son,when he was about 3/4yo fell in the bath and broke his collarbone while his oldest sister was supervising him even

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think the point may have been, how do people become addicted to heroin, when it makes you sick as a dog for weeks if not months till you develop an addiction.

Asked that myself, and I have been there in 2000. I just never saw the addiction potential. Like drinking 2 bottles of jacks and being sick for 2 days, and going "Hey man, got any Jacks" that next night.

don't get it...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't think there's enough codeine in OTC preps to make a mouse throw up, personally.

In Britain anyway (they're very cautious over here).

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
codine allergies are fairly common

nausea is one of many symptoms

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I badly broke four ribs last year and the hospital kept me in 5 days on a machine, with a button I could press to administer morphine intravenously. It had a timer so I couldn't overdose but I maxed it out and it was fantastic.

Towards the end I was really hallucinating, shadow people, rivers of dust flowing on the floor and over me, but because I knew it wasn't real I rode the ride and enjoyed it.
Had liquid morphine to take home on my release and the hallucinations were funny as.
I had a shadow cat as well as my own lol, even a shadow man in my shower while cleaning my teeth, he only disappeared when I opened the curtain and I laughed to myself like a crazy person.

Cost me 3 months work that injury, but one comfort was I didn't pay a penny for any treatment or drugs, only my regular taxes.
I wish the whole world had an NHS style health care system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join