It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Stock Market Takes a Beating Today - DOW Down 350... FamCore's Analysis of the Larger Situation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Link to CNN Money - US Stocks Page

Ford has announced they will be laying off 10,000 salaried workers, Puerto Rico is undergoing the largest bankruptcy in history, student loan debt in the US has surpassed $1 trillion, and so has US consumers' credit card debt, we have a housing bubble and cash is moving into US bonds as a "safer" position.

Myself and many others believe the Fed has only been raising interest rates so that they can lower them again once they really need to.

With all the manipulation in the market, geopolitical instability, and an all-out assault on the US Presidential Administration, there is a lot of uncertainty out there right now.

The VIX (Volatility Index) has seemed pretty unresponsive lately. Maybe we are turning a corner with this overinflated stock market finally?

There will have to be a market correction. This may be the advent of things returning to "Fair Value", but the central bankers and other major players always seem to have other tricks up their sleeves whenever the correction begins. They may be running out of tricks... what do you think ATS?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

And add to that a distrust of those in the highest level of government...

Time to buy...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Gold

Gold only up 23 today.

See what happens tomorrow.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Thanks obama.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's every 7 years or so we crash. In this case it's likely already underway, but will not be official until the end of this year or beginning of next. A lot of it comes down to credit just being maxed out and the problems are getting to much to paper over.

This may sound silly, but I always judge, after what happened in 08, by how many cars I see on the road with temp plates. They are everywhere, yet the job market is there..sure..but enough to sustain what people are loading themselves up with?

It's going to be a bumpy ride. The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets which this time will be plenty of.

Peace.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
DOW currently down 372, NASDAQ down 159 and S & P down 44.

And in the Asian Indexes (currently closed), everything is down except India, but the change in US markets is much more significant. Check out this map if you're curious about a global view - almost everything is down today:

money.cnn.com...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
nooo!
I need like six more weeks.
My house is under contract, this process takes forever.

just let me get my money out before it falls apart.

(post by Willtell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Uh, the market inflation has been in a free fall for over a decade thanks to certain powers. The correction will come (likely soon for many reasons) and it will be hard.
Nothing to do with the new administration.
edit on Wed May 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh I see, your laying the groundwork for blaming democrats and others for Trump's failures.

First of all, I didn't bring up the false left-right paradigm.. you did.
2nd of all, the market is majorly overinflated right now so a correction is bound to happen at some point.

I specifically mentioned central bankers and other market manipulators as the reason for this overinflated market, and pointed out numerous economic concerns related to the US economy. If you want to perceive my OP as a defense against Trump and an attack on Democrats then those are your faulty assumptions.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

well-said

2nd

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
According the WSJ, it's because of Trump and the republican congress failure:

"Turbulence in Washington jolted markets out of an extended period of calm. Stocks, the U.S. dollar and government bond yields fell as investors pulled back from bets on the swift passage of the Trump administration’s agenda."

www.wsj.com...
edit on 17-5-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Gold and Silver will become so useless, people will toss it into the streets some day. Remember there was a time when the gov't prohibited people from owning it. That time is coming once more. Not now but it will happen.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Both gold and silver have hundreds of industrial and technological uses due to their special properties (as do other precious metals like palladium and platinum). Not only are they extremely effective at conducting electricity, but they are also used in high octane fuels like those needed for launching satellites, rockets, and all sorts of air craft the public aren't even supposed to know about.

I can guarantee you people will not be "tossing their gold and silver out into the street" anytime soon

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The percentage of increase or decrease is far more important than mere points. What percent of its value did the stock market lose today?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah
If you have any gold or silver you would like to toss into the street, I would be more than happy to pick it up for you

Now there have been a handful of us in this forum specifically that have been trying to connect the dots, and I think we may have a big picture ready to see from it.

Gold exports are already nearly double over last year. That is a big deal since more is leaving than we are mining. This tells me, I believe anyways, that foreign entities are dumping their holdins in dollars and buying up gold. St Udio also pointed out in that thread that the LBMA is going to publish an audit on their holdings, to hopefully confirm all the accounts are allocated, later this summer.

There was also a massively unusual equities purchase from the National Swiss Bank that has been noticed and disclosed by infolurker.

"Mystery" Central Bank Buyer Revealed, Goes On Q1 Buying Spree
What it showed is that, as rumored, the Swiss National Bank had gone on a record buying spree in the first quarter, boosting its total equity holdings to an all time high $80.4 billion, up $17 billion from the $63.4 billion at the end of 2016, the biggest quarterly increase in "AUM" in history.

It is very possible they may have started dumping them.

And then finally we have some events that will unfold in Autumn along the traditional October surprise timeline. These include our 2018 Fiscal budget, which Goldman Sachs is speculating will lead to a high probability of a government shutdown, most likely due to partisan bickering. At the same time, BRICS will have achieved a 15% stake at the IMF, giving them veto power on policy decisions, which only the US has had for many decades. anonentity tipped me off to that information, as well as the beginning of the current currency reserve shift that also appears connected.

Get your positions in order guys, the next crash has already started.
edit on 5-17-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's actually down 370 points

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes it most definitely is. Gold and Silver are also important to health, people wore gold at one time to heal wounds. Pirates wore a gold earing for that very reason.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I see a buying opportunity being set up. I wouldn't be buying until this thing shakes out however. But a lot of high growth tech stocks took a beating today.

The truth is, I beleive, that the future lies in tech. The rest is drech.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I should have said fake gold. Most of the gold we buy today in retail is only 24 K. It's useless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join