It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump “revealed more information to Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yet every article you linked cites WaPo as the source.....fake news begets fake news....

It's all "fake news" until it becomes impossible for the administration to obtain the lie. Then they go ballistic about "leaks" and make up BS about unmasking.

Let's set aside the role of Trump supporters in facilitating this slow-motion implosion by entertaining this insane jackass's lies while wagging fingers at everyone else and calling them liars and "fake news" — and address the first part of your response.

Now I can almost understand not reading the articles but the excerpts I posted prove you wrong:

two US officials confirmed to BuzzFeed News.

If you read the NYT article, it's clear that the Washington Post wasn't their source either. The only mention they make of WaPo is down toward the bottom:

The Washington Post first reported the disclosure, which immediately reverberated around Washington.

The wording is a little ambiguous and hell, the sources could even be the same for both WaPo and NYT, but if NYT had been citing the Washington Post, they would have made that clear to cover their own asses by starting out with something like "An explosive report in the Washington Post" or some such.

Ok, so.lets assume they all have completely different sources? So 6 people were there that "leaked" the info? They went off in pairs to leak to 3 different news organizations.

A Trump Admin official called CIA and NSA and told them the oompa-loompa just burnt the asset and both agencies likely made calls to partner-county X and said the idiot just bragged to the Russians about the intelligence your inside guy gave...you better get him out ASAP.

That means it was CIA and/or NSA folks that scrambled and a few of them leaked to Wapo, NYT, Reuters etc...For the good of the country...cuz the current POTUS is a national security threat either by intent or stupidity.

Is that too blunt?
edit on 15-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Aeshma
Apparently three people in room, trump, two officials and the russians.... so trump told the post or one of his two companions....

According to reporting, someone from the Trump admin immediately called the CIA and NSA and told them about it...Presumably so who-ever the intelligence originated from could immediately get their inside-isis asset out before he was killed.

May 15, 2017

Crazy Anti-Trump media is committing suicide!

The Truth, from someone who doesn't hide in a closet, and whisper lies through the crack in the door.

""President Donald Trump's national security adviser is denying a report that claims Trump shared highly classified intelligence about Islamic State militants with a top Russian diplomat.

H.R. McMaster told reporters in a brief statement that The Washington Post report published Monday "is false" and "at no time" were intelligence sources or methods discussed during Trump's meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.""

SOURCE: abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

When I read this article, I found it is heavy on the accusations and light on the proof, evidence and sources with a theme through-out that the writer hopes his target audience is stupid and suffers from short-term memory loss.

This is ludicrous online lies and should remain as such until, oh I dunno, say someone actually comes forward with something, anything, which would convince me this is not a fantasy story pluck out of a libtards ass.

I always try and read your posts with respect and an open mind. I appreciate your contributions to ATS.

Having said that. Do you not see the lack of one sentence from McMaster?

"Potus did not reveal classified information" He says everything but.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
Apparently three people in room, trump, two officials and the russians.... so trump told the post or one of his two companions.... former members of the state soukdnt know trump said anything.... only trump or the other two americans.... the washington post is about to go tits up.... as well as cnn

It looks like there were 6 people in the room. The two Russians, Trump, Tillerson, McMasters, and Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategy, Dina Powell.

edit on 15-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yet every article you linked cites WaPo as the source.....fake news begets fake news....

It's all "fake news" until it becomes impossible for the administration to obtain the lie. Then they go ballistic about "leaks" and make up BS about unmasking.

Let's set aside the role of Trump supporters in facilitating this slow-motion implosion by entertaining this insane jackass's lies while wagging fingers at everyone else and calling them liars and "fake news" — and address the first part of your response.

Now I can almost understand not reading the articles but the excerpts I posted prove you wrong:

If you read the NYT article, it's clear that the Washington Post wasn't their source either. The only mention they make of WaPo is down toward the bottom:

The Washington Post first reported the disclosure, which immediately reverberated around Washington.

The wording is a little ambiguous and hell, the sources could even be the same for both WaPo and NYT, but if NYT had been citing the Washington Post, they would have made that clear to cover their own asses by starting out with something like "An explosive report in the Washington Post" or some such.

Ok, so.lets assume they all have completely different sources? So 6 people were there that "leaked" the info? They went off in pairs to leak to 3 different news organizations.

A Trump Admin official called CIA and NSA and told them the oompa-loompa just burnt the asset and both agencies likely made calls to partner-county X and said the idiot just bragged to the Russians about the intelligence your inside guy gave...you better get him out ASAP.

That means it was CIA and/or NSA folks that scrambled and a few of them leaked to Wapo, NYT, Reuters etc...For the good of the country...cuz the current POTUS is a national security threat either by intent or stupidity.

Is that too blunt?

Blunt? No, not considering that is a made up narrative in your own world. Like I referenced earlier...belief turns to delusions when facts can't back it up yet the believer can't let go of the delusion.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Im stopping listening to cnn.... so full of #. Its been some time, no information or further developments... just the same finger pointing and booger flicking. I cant believe i gave them the rating by watching that #.

link   
Damn what the hell did they find in Comeys office? Trump and Sessions have it probably analyzed by now and it seems that certain people went into full panic mode.

link   
If there ever comes a time that Trump does something horrible, treasonous, illegal and the media reports it, who'd believe them?

The media has utterly destroyed any concept of impartiality they might have had (or at the very least, faked).

The media is just another aspect of a political ideology. They are not impartial.

They don't want to report the truth.

They have lost the regard and respect of millions. . . . .

. . . . . and they don't even care.

link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Funny how the WaPo article admits itself to be complete BS:

White House officials involved in the meeting said Trump discussed only shared concerns about terrorism.

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed, and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

I love that careful statement by McMasters...
He is likely the one who called CIA and NSA to alert them..He is actually a decent guy.

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting.

**Translation..."Threats to Aviation"
Trump said he got an intel briefing that ISIS was building Lap-Top bombs and had figured out how to compartmentalize explosives inside laptops that could remain operable when tested/checked.
This intel came from a partner country who has an inside man in ISIS.**

“At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed, and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

**Translation: "At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed"
Trump bragged about knowing super classified important intelligence, like the laptop bomb plan that ISIS is working on. He didn't say who told him, but any jack-ass inside the ISIS laptop bomb building team will take a hard look at their co-workers now.

"no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

This only makes me wonder WTF else the idiot child let slip. It's like McMasters is offering an advanced defense of Part-B of the # Trump stepped in.

edit on 15-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The boy who cried Trump

Once there was a progressive boy who looked after his little tub of ice cream scoops.
He was bored, as there was no progressives near by to talk to,
so he decided to play a trick on the conservatives across the road.
Help me he cried out in a loud voice, there is a Trump prowling around my ice cream tub.
The conservatives came running to help him drive the Trump away,
but when they found there was no Trump they were upset.
Don't cry Trump when there isn't one they said to him, as they returned across the road grumbling.
The next day the progressive boy was still bored and thought he would play the prank again.
Trump he cried, there is a big bad Trump over here trying to eat my ice cream.
Once again, the conservatives come running across the road. They were very upset indeed when they
found out it was another trick. Don't keep crying Trump like that they told him, or one day you will regret it.
The next day Trump really did appear. Trump the boy cried, please help me save my ice cream and drive Trump away.
The conservatives across the road heard the boys cried but said he won't catch us with that trick again.
And so Trump ate all the ice cream scoops.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

When I read this article, I found it is heavy on the accusations and light on the proof, evidence and sources with a theme through-out that the writer hopes his target audience is stupid and suffers from short-term memory loss.

This is ludicrous online lies and should remain as such until, oh I dunno, say someone actually comes forward with something, anything, which would convince me this is not a fantasy story pluck out of a libtards ass.

I always try and read your posts with respect and an open mind. I appreciate your contributions to ATS.

Really? Your comment sounds as bad as the press at the WH daily briefings. If answers are not worded into the exact syntax they want it (so they can spin it), they ask the same question over and over and over and over. It's like our schools don't teach comprehension anymore - where you can read or hear something and actually make glean something from it without having it spelled out verbatim. Then again, I suppose teaching those skills (like they used to) would interfere with the SJW manual implementation.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Is that too blunt?

Like I referenced earlier...belief turns to delusions when facts can't back it up yet the believer can't let go of the delusion.

I have a hard time taking you seriously as you categorize multiple reporting and sources as delusion..

Whilst authoring Pizzagate Delusional threads ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's like Charlie Sheen lecturing someone on Sober Living.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Really? Your comment sounds as bad as the press at the WH daily briefings. If answers are not worded into the exact syntax they want it (so they can spin it), they ask the same question over and over and over and over. It's like our schools don't teach comprehension anymore - where you can read or hear something and actually make glean something from it without having it spelled out verbatim. Then again, I suppose teaching those skills (like they used to) would interfere with the SJW manual implementation.

How hard is it to answer a simple question. Did POTUS reveal classified info? The answer is yes or no.

Not...

"He didnt reveal methods or sources... "
"Ok? So what about classified info? "

"He didnt reveal methods or sources... I was there."

For shame that there would be a follow up from the press asking yet again...

"Did POTUS reveal any classified information?"

As of this posting, that question remains unanswered
edit on 15-5-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Do you not see the lack of one sentence from McMaster?

McMasters is honest if nothing else.

He chose not to take questions before anyone could ask that core question.

Sean Spicer should have no soul-searching to do in lying when that question is inevitably posed to him tomorrow, assuming Trump doesn't take the opportunity to cancel press briefings altogether.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I completely agree. I think McMaster is a stand up guy from all accounts. Hence why he didnt lie and just skirted the question.

Id probably do the same thing if Trump was signing my paychecks.
edit on 15-5-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The problem I have with such articles printed for public consumption is the total lack of any substance to the story beyond wild accusations. Reading into what was not said only fuels speculation so if we start with the thread title, I'm like "hmm, so is this article actually saying that we have vital intel we don't share with allies?"

In the fight against ISIS, Russia is an ally - those who feel that working with Russia to defeat ISIS is a bad idea, quite frankly, are the root cause of most problems facing the US today.

This is about eliminating, with extreme prejudice, any remnants of ISIS including their stupid idea(s) but now I'm lead by this article to presume that an asset has been compromised because Trump said something at the table which may cause Russia to question US tactics?

Can anyone explain how gathered intel can be discussed between POTUS and allies that does not possibly compromise assets? Should Trump have a talking coach with military qualifications at every meeting? Or should he just go on the TV's and announce to the whole world what military tactics and intentions the US is going to use when they attack ISIS next week? (ensuring ISIS also get the message with enough warning time to counter the offensive the POTUS just said he was going to launch).

I find it amazing how quickly stories like this hit the shelves and yet we know nothing of what he said, just that he apparently said 'something'?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's standard operating procedure to reveal certain classified information with allies when working together on something, in this case with Russia against the terror threat. Classified info is regularly passed between nations fighting terrorism. Think Germany doesn't pass classified info onto France?

Please.

This whole thing is just "muuuuuuuu Russians". It's the idea it's somehow shameful to work with Russia against terrorism. Of course, I don't think the left actually believes that but rather, they're petulant little children who need to keep their evil Russian narrative going.
edit on 15-5-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Is that too blunt?

Like I referenced earlier...belief turns to delusions when facts can't back it up yet the believer can't let go of the delusion.

I have a hard time taking you seriously as you categorize multiple reporting and sources as delusion..

Whilst authoring Pizzagate Delusional threads ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's like Charlie Sheen lecturing someone on Sober Living.

Multiple media agencies you mean....they are all referencing WaPo.

And you mean the thread that I personally researched and put out there to ask questions based on no other sources, simply digging and researching and even admitting when wrong?

See...thats the difference between blind belief/delusions and being able to admit when you're wrong.

If the "journalists" from these stories took an 1/8th of the time I took to research, we likely wouldn't have this issue, but alas, they are all about hit pieces, BS and sensationalism....and people buy it and go to their political grave clutching it....just sad.

Neat that you're taking delusions to the next level and searching my threads for an excuse though....I'm flattered.
edit on 5/15/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I can agree with you that the rush is there. The second something like this comes out now, its like sharks to blood. I get that. Its definitely over sensationalized. As are all stories.

But the blind rush to defend him is just as prevalent is it not? As all things in life, some things are true and some arent. But what Ive noticed lately from most on ATS is " Its my way or the highway" Theres no room for common ground anymore. All I read from the right on sites like ATs is how mentally ill the left is ( Do those people realize they are essentially calling half the country mentally ill? ) Were birthers mentally ill?

You know what was over sensationalized back in the day? Trump purporting that Obama was a secret Muslim born in Kenya. So Id say both sides are guilty of this. How was the media involved? Hannity every night, thats how. Oh hes not really news as hes an opinion show? Tell that to his viewers.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I see the Trump defense squad is in motion, as usual defending the indefensible.

What can come next. Everyday now the disaster of Donald Trump is exhibited to the world. The massive mistake of the electorate voting in an incompetent mentally unstable person to such power.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join