It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what does Trump do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OK. About four months in and the real battle lines have been drawn.

Not by the MSM. Not by the democrats. Rather, buy the Republican Party, itself, and it's shill the Fox News crowd. Many on ATS knew this confrontation was coming. It started with the Republican Establishment's attacks on Trump during the campaign for the Republican nomination for President. No that isn't ancient history. It wasn't 'that's the normal process in campaigning all that's forgotten now'. It was never forgotten. Merely paused.

There were and are points of agreement between the two adversaries-Trump isn't and has never been a 'republican'- the SCOTUS issue was one of full accord and most of the Cabinet Nominees, as well. There may be one or two others, but that from an overview is sufficient for purpose of this thread.

The firing of Comey 'may' be the tipping point. This is a random thought but perhaps Comey is gone due to NOT being in anyone's camp! Not the Democrats, not the Republican's camp and not in Trump's camp. Possible?

In any event, if Trump get his man into the FBI Director's slot combined with Sessions in Justice and Mattis as DoD, then Trump has the machine in place to really drain the swamp which, of course, includes the republican side. As he also controls who runs the FBI in a temporary role, have the republicans moved early, even before the tax cuts, to cut Trump off now, before he gets fully established?

Which brings me to the real point of this 'speculative' thread. When is the last time a President has picked a competent V.P.? One that is generally accepted as a viable replacement for the person who selected him? I cannot think of one single example. Second point, what if Trump fully expected to never complete his term as President? Or at least, prepared for that eventuality/option? Is it possible that The Don fully expected to be impeached or 'forced to resign'? (Perhaps gratefully?)

Another possibility is he now sees that he cannot fully win and would WANT an 'out'?

There are options, IMO, before that point-which may be coming even faster than anyone had envisioned- such as threatening to form a third party if the Republicans don't acknowledge and follow him as the leader of the party. Perhaps a full out assault on Hillary and/or Obama and/or Bill via the DOJ which would force Republican support? Who knows?

Just how far would Trump go, assuming either his 'departure' was planned for even before he took office or he now recognizes he has little chance of achieving his vision? Would he take a scorched earth approach? Expose or take down as many 'enemies' as he could prior to bowing out? Be that internally or outside the U.S.? Would that threat in and of itself avoid an impeachment? Could he actually desire an impeachment and a way to bow out?

Does he stay and slug it out?

Pure speculation, admittedly. Yet I don't doubt for a minute that TPTB aren't looking at all these, as well.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Defiantly, no one likes a coward.

he now recognizes he has little chance of achieving his vision?

He's held true on most of his word so far, he won't go down without a fight.

Cheers

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Cheers

THIS^ Keep kicking arse Mr. Trump. No Mercy.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I hope your right.

One thing I didn't put in the thread which 'may' be connected or not is I had a chat with a gov't employee, in the appropriate department, who I have a casual relationship with that stated regional martial law is already planned and impeachment would likely occur following that.

I have zero means of verification or reliability of that statement.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Only time will tell, my friend. I personally don't see that happening on a full blown scale, but it is a real possibility in some of the major political districts and cities to happen.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Republicans finally woke up and said WTF have we done? At least these Republicans know that just because they share the same party as the President they don't have to support every idiotic idea the head nutcase thinks up. It's nice to see partisan politics shot down for a change.
edit on 7610000005631America/ChicagoMon, 15 May 2017 12:15:56 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Glad to see your admitting to being a swamp denizen...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Only time will tell, my friend. I personally don't see that happening on a full blown scale, but it is a real possibility in some of the major political districts and cities to happen.

That is exactly he was saying regarding 'regional'.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Gotcha I missed that.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Cheers

Understood. Yet where I would have a problem with that view is the attacks his family has suffered. I could very well understand him dropping out, if for no other reason than why put them through this if he becomes convinced he cannot win?

From that frame of reference, I'd call it prudence, not cowardice.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If Trump gets the people he wants in the positions he wants, I seriously doubt you'll see any draining of a swamp.

More like a new swamp-themed theme park built right over the top of it. Starring Donald Trump.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Just as you are showing you support partisan politics no real shock when you support a fascist who thinks everyone should be a slave with no voice and no rights.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not impossible, I admit. Not assured either, I hope.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Just as you are showing you support partisan politics no real shock when you support a fascist who thinks everyone should be a slave with no voice and no rights.

There must be something to the alternate universe theory. There's no other explanation.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Trump is truly an independent wild card. He plays it as he sees it but I do think he loves his country and his family and at 70 years old and living through many ups and down in his life I don't see him throwing in the towel-he'll play it til the end-doesn't matter how messy it gets if he thinks what he is doing is right.

Our government has been turned into a laughingstock around the world and Trump will puff up his chest, bluff, brag and do whatever it takes to win back our integrity.

Many forget that Americans have always prided themselves for our freedoms, especially speech and being the most prosperous and proud people in the modern world. So, Trump is a product of our country.

We lost ourselves the past few decades of embarrassing international leadership with Obama-Clintons-Bushes, etc.

I believe deep in his heart Trump wants to make us, all Americans, proud of our country again.

I don't know with all the dirty, money-grabbing politicians, both Repubs and Demos, he will be able to do it-but he will give it his all-showboating, political missteps, mistrusts-but, by God, he is trying.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Trump is a draft dodger that makes him a coward.

He's held true on most of his word so far

Really where?
Mexico isn't paying for the wall.
ISIS is still running around.
I could keep going on.

he won't go down without a fight

If the word fight means crying like a little schoolgirl that just scraped her knee then yes I would agree he will not go down without a fight.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Trump is truly an independent wild card. He plays it as he sees it but I do think he loves his country and his family and at 70 years old and living through many ups and down in his life I don't see him throwing in the towel-he'll play it til the end-doesn't matter how messy it gets if he thinks what he is doing is right.

Our government has been turned into a laughingstock around the world and Trump will puff up his chest, bluff, brag and do whatever it takes to win back our integrity.

Many forget that Americans have always prided themselves for our freedoms, especially speech and being the most prosperous and proud people in the modern world. So, Trump is a product of our country.

We lost ourselves the past few decades of embarrassing international leadership with Obama-Clintons-Bushes, etc.

I believe deep in his heart Trump wants to make us, all Americans, proud of our country again.

I don't know with all the dirty, money-grabbing politicians, both Repubs and Demos, he will be able to do it-but he will give it his all-showboating, political missteps, mistrusts-but, by God, he is trying.

It couldn't be said any better than that.
edit on 15-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that Republicans wake up thinking about that. They're far more likely to be thinking about a growth or exit strategy. Take that as you will.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'm in two minds about Trump but I do genuinely believe he loves the USA. He's been talking about it for decades.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Trump's only error so far is being too nice to liberals. I think he is learning the hard way that there must be no compromise at all. Post haste he should get Jeff Sessions to start proceedings against the Clintons, Obama and his crooked cronies, and anyone inside the govt leaking information. There will be chaos, but the only way forward is to put the criminals of the last 8 years in jail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join