It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what does Trump do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Trump's only error so far is being too nice to liberals. I think he is learning the hard way that there must be no compromise at all. Post haste he should get Jeff Sessions to start proceedings against the Clintons, Obama and his crooked cronies, and anyone inside the govt leaking information. There will be chaos, but the only way forward is to put the criminals of the last 8 years in jail.

Trump's presumed strength, negotiating, may actually end up his weakness. He may assume that skill will work in situations where it cannot work. One cannot negotiate from a weak position and expect much result nor with those that will not negotiate.

Yet, at least attempting to negotiate first is good political form....

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah, it's a harsh call but there is more than enough evidence to bring charges against them all.

What worries me is why Trump is reluctant to do it.

Conspiracy senses tell me it is because they have dirt on him or he is secretly working with them. That is just speculation though.

Russia!!! What better way to deflect the acts of the cabal?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lets look at all this from 35,000 feet....

What did Obama do in 8 years, other than pushing through a healthcare system guaranteed to fail if nothing is done, and he did it during a short period of the Dems being in power, after that, basically nothing. Much of his success stories are now looking like failures such as the highly tooted "removed chemicals from Syria" or "brokered deals with Iran"... Lets add in he didn't help international relationships at all and made us look weak. He also didn't fix anything at home relationship wise and we are more divided in incomes, race, political affiliations, Jobs etc then ever before...the first black President has black riots on his watch and he does nothing to help...

What did Bush do in 8 years.. got us into 2 wars that cost trillions... could have fixed all of America's infrastructure 2x over...lol Horrible No child left behind act... Oh Bush sent billions to Pakistan...housing crisis... many others..

So now with Trump....He could do nothing and only fix the immigration issue and basically do better than the last two Presidents over 16 years... And here we keep hearing people wanting to impeach him..over and over...lol

edit on 15-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: slapjacks
Trump is a draft dodger that makes him a coward.

So in that aspect, Muhammad Ali, Bruce Springteen, Bill Clinton, among a few others, you would consider cowards? Just curious if you would agree to that statement.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2017 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well I am sure Trump knew this was coming with drain the swamp. I am also sure the never Trumpers knew this was coming as well. I would say it's about to get ugly but I think its just not going to get any prettier.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You can't declare that the Republican party is out to get Trump until they ACTUALLY hang him out to dry. Right now they are still carrying water for him and saving him from having to appoint an independent investigator, be subpoenaed for information, or even be put under impeachment proceedings. Sure some Republicans are grumbling about Trump's behavior, but until the likes of McConnell or Ryan get fed up then this is still a Trump and Republicans versus Democrats situation.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Trump is whats holding the pieces of America together.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Its kind of funny to invision how Donald would react if impeachment proceedings begin/he gets impeached...because you know he wont take responsibility for any wrong-doing...he'll just blame Washington as a whole and probably say that evidence was 'produced' (fake) against him. Oh man, it would be a spectacle that would be!!

Anyway, I wanted to address this part of your thread

he firing of Comey 'may' be the tipping point. This is a random thought but perhaps Comey is gone due to NOT being in anyone's camp! Not the Democrats, not the Republican's camp and not in Trump's camp. Possible?

The FBI director is supposed to be neutral and unbiased (blind justice). So if he's gone because he wasnt in anyones camp, then the Donald is shiftier than previously thought.

BUT we know Comey's questionable past as it pertains to positions in companys prior to being appointed FBI director by Obama, and the millions of dollars involved in different scenarios with the Clintons...which would have one question his neutrality as FBI director with regards to the Clinton investigationS.

Plus, he's from the University of Chicago Law School - need we say more?

edit on 0929x6709America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can't declare that the Republican party is out to get Trump until they ACTUALLY hang him out to dry. Right now they are still carrying water for him and saving him from having to appoint an independent investigator, be subpoenaed for information, or even be put under impeachment proceedings. Sure some Republicans are grumbling about Trump's behavior, but until the likes of McConnell or Ryan get fed up then this is still a Trump and Republicans versus Democrats situation.

I disagree with your assessment.

Obviously it's not full blown, as of yet, there IS no impeachment proceedings.

To ignore the failure of the Republican Congress to do anything but water down the ACA and basically rubber stamp a Democrat favored budget despite public opinion polls speaks volumes of their intentions.

The democrats have zero power. None. All the delays and barriers are from the Republican majority.

There is no deflection from the Republican Party on this. From Fox News to McConnell, Ryan, McCain. How many more before you cede the reality of it?

You may be a supporter of both. Many are. Not so the leadership of the Republican Party.
edit on 15-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I could remove Trumps name from the first part of your post and replace it with Obama's or Hillary's. Curious how that works.

The second part? Once he lied to Congress sufficient reason is present for his dismissal. That 'may' be all there is to it. My thought was/is a possibility, nothing more.

Having said that, He hasn't shown 'neutral and unbiased' judgement, from what I can see
. His press briefing where he lists Hillary's violation of various laws, of which he is basically saying she's guilty, then takes the DOJ's role and says she won't be charged due to no sign of intent to violate the law, is in fact a violation of multiple 'laws'.

No side trusted him. That's the ultimate violation of 'D.C. law'....

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
To ignore the failure of the Republican Congress to do anything but water down the ACA and basically rubber stamp a Democrat favored budget despite public opinion polls speaks volumes of their intentions.

Who says I'm ignoring it? The AHCA is the product of Trump failing to negotiate and not being able to corral all the different conseravtive opinions in Congress (and not even talking to the Democrats about their opinion). Trump got the work he put in. A #show.

The democrats have zero power. None. All the delays and barriers are from the Republican majority.

You know I'd agree, but somehow the Democrats HAVE demonstrated power in Congress thanks to the Republicans being inept.

There is no deflection from the Republican Party on this. From Fox News to McConnell, Ryan, McCain. How many more before you cede the reality of it?

You may be a supporter of both. Many are. Not so the leadership of the Republican Party.

Cede what reality? The only thing I see on display is a band of blind clowns putting on the world's most inept circus. I'd think it was a comedy show if it weren't for the fact that my life and future could potentially be determined by these idiots.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

And we havent even mentioned Lynch's name yet. She's obviously neutral. Puh-HAHAHA!

If you want a conspiracy, this is one of the biggest one's WITH ACTUAL EVIDENCE going.

Now what should Trump do?: Keep on keeping on!

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

And we havent even mentioned Lynch's name yet. She's obviously neutral. Puh-HAHAHA!

If you want a conspiracy, this is one of the biggest one's WITH ACTUAL EVIDENCE going.

Now what should Trump do?: Keep on keeping on!

What should Trump do?? I agree. What will he do is the question. there are options. The there's the republican-democrat 'coalition'. What will THEY do? That's the problem. So far, it doesn't look particularly good.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Come on, man. Did you tie one on last night? LOL. How many times did the Republican Party vote on and demand a repeal of the ACA?? Multiple times. Now you accuse Trump of not putting in the time to negotiate a repeal??

It could have and should have been done inside a week. That was what they claimed they would do. This lies with Congress. Not Trump.

Can't debate the idiots comment, though.....

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Come on, man. Did you tie one on last night? LOL. How many times did the Republican Party vote on and demand a repeal of the ACA?? Multiple times. Now you accuse Trump of not putting in the time to negotiate a repeal??

Well there are two faults here. One is the Republicans not having a bill ready, but also Trump. Obama was READY with a bill when he was elected and then THAT bill was debated on and altered over the next 18 months with BOTH sides of the aisle getting a say. The Republicans still insisted the bill was rammed down our throats. Then what do the Republicans and Trump do? They ram this bill down our throats with minimal negotiation and to make matters worse there are many Republicans who have said that they haven't read the bill!

Meanwhile, Trump definitely didn't read the bill and is literally threatening people to vote for a bill that Congressmen find unpalatable. Then he declares victory after minimal input and not accepting any failures or acknowledging flaws in what just passed.

It could have and should have been done inside a week. That was what they claimed they would do. This lies with Congress. Not Trump.

Can't debate the idiots comment, though.....

Only a fool would believe that legislation, any legislation, would be passed in a week. You could literally have 100% party representation in Congress and a bill already mostly written and I can STILL promise you that that legislation would still take longer than a week to pass. I literally cannot believe you think that government could ever move that first, nor can I imagine you would something like that. I hope you weren't someone criticizing Pelosi for her famous poor choice of wording, "We'll have to pass so you can see what's in it." Because you are literally letting the Republicans and Trump get away with doing a super-charged version of that.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Appoint an independent investigator for what? I keep hearing the term, which in itself is nonsense, but I have heard no justification. What is the basis for appointing this mythical independent investigator (or prosecutor if you take the words of some democrat politicians)?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well traditionally Presidents who want to get ahead of a controversy and clear their name asap tend to nominate them to investigate to get away from the taint of partisanism. That's because an independent investigator is more trustworthy than your political party holding water for you. So for Trump, it would be a chance to clear his name and get this controversy behind him once and for all. For the Democrats it would be a chance to have their concerns investigated and seen to be true or not.

Really, why you wouldn't want an independent investigator in charge here is the perplexing thing, but that is assuming that Trump is innocent. If he is guilty then it would make sense why he wouldn't want one; he's trying to hide something.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Repeal. There's no huge debate needed. Promised. Demanded even. IF Trump made a mistake, it was sugar-coating the Republican Congress' failure to repeal.

Maybe he did see it as a 'first step', if for no other reason than the tax cut hinged on it's passing. This one is too much for my aged brain to figure out..

Still, nothing more points out there are two distinct camps, in this. That is my point. It should be rather obvious as otherwise far more progress would have been made. It isn't Trump who's slowing this down and that's a certainty.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well traditionally Presidents who want to get ahead of a controversy and clear their name asap tend to nominate them to investigate to get away from the taint of partisanism. That's because an independent investigator is more trustworthy than your political party holding water for you. So for Trump, it would be a chance to clear his name and get this controversy behind him once and for all. For the Democrats it would be a chance to have their concerns investigated and seen to be true or not.

Really, why you wouldn't want an independent investigator in charge here is the perplexing thing, but that is assuming that Trump is innocent. If he is guilty then it would make sense why he wouldn't want one; he's trying to hide something.

There has been almost 1 year of investigations, including "wire tapping" Trump associates and unmasking names (including Trumps) in recorded conversations. What exactly is an independent investigator going to find??? I will assume that no rational person just wants an investigator on the ground continuing until he or she finds something - or not - forever! The route open seems to be to go via the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, which actually would be overseen by Sessions. All that 'special prosecutor' stuff ended in 1999 when the law ran out and was not renewed.

Lets just be honest - the Democrats have no evidence but want to draw this out and extend the news cycle into 2018. It's a political play to try and win back the Senate and House. The phony calls for a special prosecutor (which does not exist, although I am glad you have at least used the term special investigator) are nothing more than political red meat. The first thing to do is to get the results from the FBI, House Intel Committee and the Senate Intel committee. IF they find something then, yeah, move it forward.

(post by daskakik removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join