It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official Bill Nye the Science guy ruined my Childhood.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ClovenSky

Deal with what, other organized religions?

I chuckle.

I also try and use humor when presented with this massive amount of BS.

But when you see the lies and corruption, that they are not even able to hide anymore, how do you keep your sanity?
When you see the HUGE divide of the American populace in ideologies (not including how our politicians use this against us) do you ever try to envision a solution?

How do you detach yourself? Is it good to become so satirical that you only see the humor and stop trying to imagine solutions?

Sorry for the delay.

It was very difficult for me to detach from the whole churchianity thing. My family still are devoted church goers, I was forced to go when I growing up.

I finally realized that its a cult like any other. Just more 'acceptable'. Took a lifetime to deprogram from it.

Are you pressured form within, like your own beliefs or from without by others close to you?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Man ur all overreacting lol. It's just some weird nerds doing a terrible tv bit. That is most definitely not the epitome of western degeneration. What ever the f*ck that is lol

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is how I felt when Bill Cosby's rape accusations started to pile up. It's like, WFT, dude? I used to like you. How can it turn out that you're really such a despicable piece of garbage?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm 27 and scared chitless of what I have to go through the rest of my life.

Its already bad, I hate MTV, most of the Dumbasses my age, and most of what society projects.

I'm fuc*ed

ahh geez....then do something constructive, at 27, you should be at the age where you can quit depending on others to fulfill your life..."society" has been around for a long time, and there is a lot of crap that you have to discard and move on.....every era has it's crap, you either live with it, or rise above it.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't about locker rooms. The locker room is another issue.

I don't care what the other issue is. I don't want a guy stripping in front of my wife or niece in a locker room or shower and saying it's normal. #### that noise.

Who wants that?

Anyone who supports letting men use a women's facilities, whether they realize it or not.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't about locker rooms. The locker room is another issue.

I don't care what the other issue is. I don't want a guy stripping in front of my wife or niece in a locker room or shower and saying it's normal. #### that noise.

Who wants that?

Anyone who supports letting men use a women's facilities, whether they realize it or not.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Disappointed really, if they wanted to blow our minds why not go all the way. Bill Nye to be bound and gagged ( Like in Pulp Fiction ) and spanked like a bad boy.

The no talent whatever this was is standard Hollywood nepotism that gets no talent acts, in the spotlight.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
He has a BS in Engineering, so he does have a STEM background as far as that goes, but I am not sure he really has much practical experience in a science related field.

BS? Sounds about right. He's basically full of it.

He's greedily used the whole climate change hysteria to get back into the limelight. I'd never even heard of the guy until after Al Gore told us we're all doomed. Then he managed to weasel himself into just about anything related to climate change, and now it's easy to regard him as some sort of "Super scientist laying down the truth". Him and that overrated Neil deGrasse Tyson have established themselves as High Priests of the New Chuch of Science.

Believe what we tell you, because all we say is SCIENCE. And science is FACT.

Right. That's not the defintion of science I'm accustomed with.

But then I'm not a TV clown.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Or you know the west could just realise that most if not all of the stuff put out on entertainment media is all BS designed to dull you down and make you care less about life and make you more subservient to corporations and marketing ploys
and more reliant on government

turn your #ing tv off and go do something else

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The video is just a marketing gimmick. Controversy sells.

Vaginaversey sells.

edit on 28-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
He has a BS in Engineering, so he does have a STEM background as far as that goes, but I am not sure he really has much practical experience in a science related field.

I think his final exams had mostly to do with 5th grade baking soda and vinegar experiments.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not defending the videos or Bill Nye.. I didnt think the message was bad, just awkward execution.

But I do want to say something to a few of you..

1. There was a person who mentioned that the left only cares about liberty when it comes to leftist views...

That can't be farther from the truth. Right wing views are restrictive... and want to limit other people's views and practices. The left doesn't care if the right wing goes all crazy on their conservative rants.. we will just kick back with some popcorn and watch. Everyone has freedom of speech and liberty. The right however wants to put laws and rules in place that restrict everyone's views and actions. We aren't shoving our views down your throats, we are simply expressing our views biblically.

2. To the person who said ""does bill btw not respect a child's innocence?" And the other person that said "these views don't talk about self guilt.."

You are obviously missing the point entirely. These videos don't talk about repercussions such as "self guilt" because the message is you shouldn't feel guilty for your sexual actions period. Because sexual morality is for the most part fabricated (with the exception of rape, incest, and molestation).

And when it comes to a child's "innocence"... merely stating that means that you view sex and sexuality as something that is.. whatever the antonym for innocence in this case. Which furthers my point.

The message is.. sex.. and all sexualities and genders are natural and not something to fear, hate, feel bad about, discriminate against, or be weird about.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join