It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official Bill Nye the Science guy ruined my Childhood.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Really... there is an ATS moral police force???

Yep. And it's called ToS.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yup.

Which, if you think about it, might be the entirety of the plan. Go so far to the looney tune, that people will accept the lesser lunacy as an acceptable alternative.

I haven't watched either video, nor will I, I've much better things to do with my time.

Given the commentary here, and other places, I can most definitely see other extremists using this as an example of the depravity of the West...

Given there are more Orthodox beliefs that find this video series repugnant, adding Orthodox Islam to them won't surprise me in the least, much less the more extreme elements within any religion.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We want Carl Sagan back.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I guess its not being considered as upholding ATS standards when the videos initially were released to a target audience of minors. The sensitivity of the adult mind now trumps the innocence of the minds of minors? This would indicate that what our children are subjected to is less scrutinized as to the same content being displayed on an adult conspiracy site that's motto is 'Deny Ignorance'. C'mon now... nobody violated T&C rules by sparking debate about a touchy subject to some.

I am the one who posted the ice cream video, and it's more vile then the 'sex junk' one I feel. Children should not be exposed to that... that is exactly why I put it here for us adults to debate over. Nobody condones the acts in this video... its very clear by the debate occurring. There is not much logic in sweeping it under the rug and acting like it never happened. I don't endorse the 'out of sight, out of mind' philosophy. Go and ban me if I broke a law... I'd expect the actual mods to handle these matters though... not just the random opinion that another member should be banned for posting something another doesn't prefer to consume.

The moral police are of opinion... the mods are around ATS to handle rule breakers. Unless that is occurring here, I'd say let's just move on and try to deny ignorance. Denying ignorance doesn't mean running from it or acting like it doesn't exist.
edit on 14-5-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
We want Carl Sagan back.

Heck, PBS's Nature series which often showed things narrated by Attenborough that had more sex, and more accurate sex, than anything Bill Nye has ever aired.

Give me all of that.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Yeah... I could deal with that.

His politics were just as left as Nye's, but man, the difference is remarkable.

'course Sagan was a total gentleman, Nye is not.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

The ice cream video pokes fun at the "gay conversion therapy" as shown in the beginning. Anyone who finds it vile tells me more about them. Actually the more I see it the more it helps people understand why WE find the idea of "gay conversion therapy" vile.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The content of the video is not so much a care or concern with me. if you go back to the earlier pages of the thread, you'll read that I could care less about what adults do in their own bedrooms.

I do not offer the same courtesy to the content displayed to minors... the innocent minds that are not mature enough to be forced to think of such things. Now, instead of playing games they have to ponder gender conflicts? Anybody that finds any bit of sanity in the message being displayed to a targeted CHILD audience has zero concepts of T&C to begin with.

The idea that the videos are too emotional for other ATS members to bear witness to, and the emotion brought forth calls for a banning of the member that shared the video is just laughable. How I feel about the video is irrelevant... but I will defend a child's innocence to the death of me.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How did humankind start to worry more about its crotch and being enabled to live like a rock star than being a contributing member of society? All the strife of human rights so we can give voice to our crotches?

It's like somebody wants us enslave by sex than be set free from material needs?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
How did humankind start to worry more about its crotch and being enabled to live like a rock star than being a contributing member of society? All the strife of human rights so we can give voice to our crotches?

It's like somebody wants us enslave by sex than be set free from material needs?

Blame the far-right Christian Fundamenalism.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So sad to see "scientific" people pervert the sex drive that is nothing more than a mechanism to ensure the survival of a species.....

edit on 14-5-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

How long was Obama and the Clintons against gay marriage? Oh, when they needed the votes......

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

How long was Obama and the Clintons against gay marriage? Oh, when they needed the votes......

What does that have to do with my statement? It's true that Christian fundamentalists started the whole mess.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What is the percentage of far right Christians out of the population? And you blame the mess on them?

Again, how long was Obama against gay marriage? Simple question?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What is the percentage of far right Christians out of the population? And you blame the mess on them?

Again, how long was Obama against gay marriage? Simple question?

Why ask me about Obama? He attended that racist church. So why should I be surprsed that he was against gay marriage for a while?

And you do not realize how powerful the evangelical Christians in politics are. They influence politicans, especially Trump.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Who cares what Obama did.

Christians don't only have sex to ensure the survival of the species either but the far right are the ones making it out to be a matter of heaven and hell instead of "just a mechanism to ensure the survival of a species".

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

What is your point. Mine is simple. If you don't understand addictive behavior and the shoving of the perversion of sex to manipulate the voting minds of the population, then I feel sorry for you.

Once sex robots become common, we slip into a society turned off by human contact as outlune in the Foundation Series, and as we strive for clone reproduction, sex will become a moot point.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Who cares what Obama did.

Christians don't only have sex to ensure the survival of the species either but the far right are the ones making it out to be a matter of heaven and hell instead of "just a mechanism to ensure the survival of a species".

Then why get caught up on sexuality if it is only a product of evolution?

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Is that what scares you? Do you realize how many transgender people are there? Less than 1% of the population.
And we've had sex robots, dolls and sim games for years. Do you see the decline of civilizations and human contact? No. Though I do worry about the phones. Every time I go to restuarants I always notice people siting in front of each other texting without uttering a single word to each other.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Tell that to the religious zealots.

Everyone else has sex however they like without the guilt.

You seem to be saying that sex should be a moot point now so who cares if it becomes that after the sexbots come on the scene?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join