It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Champions League Final 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
On Saturday 3rd of June in Cardiff capital of Wales, hopefully some great football will happen between two amazing teams, Juventus vs Real Madrid in the final of the Champions League.

I am not a supporter of either teams but always on the lookout for quality football. If I was a betting man I would usually bet on Madrid, but not this year however.

"Juventus is strong this season and their defense is like a wall. Plus their attacking game is very good. Real defense in the other hand looks weightless and apart from Sergio Ramos it has no real stable point. Danilo is an average player at best and Carvajal is a question mark from his injury," according to Arrigo Sacchi, one of the best experts in Italian Football.

One of the most special figure of this final will be Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid's manager who was there in the 1998 final as a Juventus player against, well you guessed right, Real Madrid. Madrin won that final 1-0.

Juve is the only team remains unbeaten in the 2016-2017 CL season with 21-3 goal record, while Madrid has lost only once and has a goal record of 33-17

My prediction Juventus 3 Real Madrid 1

edit on 11-5-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wrong site for talking about football, a website located in the former US of A.
I guess most people here think of their US handegg game, when they hear football, and have no clue about real football...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Not a fan of either team (Celtic fan here) but I'm excited for the match! Thanks for posting!

Nice pick for an upset!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

The Old Lady will be glorious once again.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Juventus 3

Real Madrid 2

That's my prediction. Either way it is going to be a glorious match. I have been a juventus fan my entire life, my grandmother knitted me a juventus scarf when I was 13 ,I still wear it every winter 30 some odd years later.

Derbeobachter,

contrary to popular belief there are tons of American soccer fans we just don't get the attention like American football fans do.

The game has exploded here over the last thirty years.especially the woman's league
Which boasts some of the greatest female players on the planet coming to play here..
Like Marta, she is an absolute pleasure to watch,an artist..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It will go to extra time after a 2-2 scoreline after 90 minutes.

Can Ronaldo get a third CL hat trick in a row? He got one in the QF and one in the SF.
If Ronaldo has a good game then Madrid to win.

Juventus won their sixth (yes sixth!) domestic league title in a row this season. They are the best they've been for years this season, playing some brilliant football.

Its a tough one to call, maybe Gareth Bale will be selected and have a man of the match performance in his home country... Or is he injured? Im not sure...

Ronaldo to get the winner in extra time and score another hat trick. (actually that sounds like a decent bet, should get good odds for that)

Real Madrid 3 Juventus 2 after extra time

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Just a reminder, less than 1 hour to go before the game gets underway!

Get your predictions in!

And...

Let's go JUVENTUS!!!!!!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Wow, the black eyed peas really came off as lackluster without fergie..

I think they could have chosen a better opening act.. oh well ..

Now for the footy!!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well..

Real Madrid earned it in the second half.

The needless red card (two yellows) by cuatrato was the nail in the coffin ..

Well done Real Madrid !!!

Final score,

Real Madrid - 4
Juventus - 1

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I was way off with my prediction. Good match noneoftheless!

The red card was bogus.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yes I was as well. I couldn't have asked for a better first half from juventus.

They just got overwhelmed after halftime.

As a former competitive goalkeeper, I really feel for Buffon.So many deflections.

Although the second goal by ronaldo he gave up to much space in front of the near post.. he was trying to play it safe and cheated onto the far post,making it impossible to get into position to cut the angle.

I would have lunged on the ball before ronaldo even made contact. Or at least been there simultaneously to squash the play.

Overall I thought it was enjoyable,even if my team lost..

Congratulations Real Madrid!!!

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

join