It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Photograph UFOs according to the US Military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Paul Dean reviews military documents instructing on how to photograph ufos. See the link below for further detail.

www.theeventchronicle.com...#

edit on 11-5-2017 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BullwinkleKicksButt

I can't say that I'm horribly surprised. The gov is all about discrediting individuals who speak about the subject and providing disinformation to dissuade the rest of us. As I have spoken about this particular topic in past forums, I will again reiterate that I witnessed something and there's no Government agency who will ever tell me that I didn't. Flat out. I'm a cynic turned believer through personal experience.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Whats particularly odd about that the table of what to photograph and what not to, is that it doesn’t vaguely say ‘UFOs…’ It lays out fully both ‘Unidentified Flying Objects’ with descriptors, and then ‘Aerial Phenomena…’ with descriptors. Furthermore, it is odd that military personnel are given instructions regarding UFO sightings, since the US military officially has no interest in the subject. When the United States Air Force scrapped their official UFO investigation, Project Blue Book, in 1969, it was accepted that no government agency was looking into the UFO subject. From the 1970’s onward, the military expressed that no one in the government was handling UFO sighting reports, pictures, videos, or anything. It was a non-issue fit only for lunatics.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

They have to be blurry, taken through a window with a smartphone camera and nothing more than a light, far away, must be to see(this is the instruction for civilists)...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

This thread brings to mind what has been lost over the decades about the US government's interactions with UFOs. Back around 1950, the new Air Force was beside itself with a growing number of mysterious machines in the skies over the country. The AF intel division, tasked with discovering what was the nature of the phenomena decided with the production of the "Estimate of the Situation" report that the "flying saucers" were evidently alien craft. That report was sent to Gen. Hoyt Vandenburg, the commanding general. He refused the report, ordered it destroyed saying that he could not develop a policy for dealing with the objects without having proof in hand of that determination. --Of course, the incident at Roswell (and perhaps others) was virtually unknown at that time.

Part of that inconclusive study was based on the AF equipping some of its fighter gun cameras with a special grated lens that broke down the light spectrum emitted by the UFOs to better determine what caused the brilliance. In his revealing 1956 classic bookThe Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, Edward J. Ruppelt, the first and former head of Project Blue Book provides some evidence for that scientific study without giving us any final determinations. Ruppelt also mentions in the book of radiation studies done in regard to UFOs and briefly mentions a seemingly semi-official scientific "UFO watch" study that was conducted in the Rockies.

(While important and telling of how the AF managed/mismanaged the public aspect of investigating UFOs, it is probably the most valuable book on the phenomena every written even if it contains Air Force distortions of the whole, early business.)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I would find it rather odd if there would not be any instructions on photographing Unidentified Flying Objects. The US have been flying a number of black projects. Other countries might have some too.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

" Furthermore, it is odd that military personnel are given instructions regarding UFO sightings, since the US military officially has no interest in the subject. When the United States Air Force scrapped their official UFO investigation, Project Blue Book, in 1969, it was accepted that no government agency was looking into the UFO subject."

Yet, apparently from this documentation, they still are!

So let me see if this is straight: Project Blue Book was officially taken offline in 1969. But the collection of records apparently did not stop, it was just fed up some different chain in the organization. We become aware of Defense Visual Information Center (DVIC) being the latest custodian of this type of information as of 2011, then the most recent being the Defense Imagery Management Operation Center (DIMOC).

And what do these entities do when they do indeed receive a photo of a flying saucer? Do they say "Not since '69!" and toss it in the shredder?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I clicked on your link and if that picture on the top is an example of how to take a UFO picture,with a line through the middle of the pic, grainy etc. then I think they need to update that manual.

What with astronomers searching the skies daily, orbital telescopes taking exceptional imagery in space, and NASA's cameras, I am sure we'd be seeing exceptionally high definition pics of UFOs on a daily basis...but we are not. So, it would appear military stealth UFOs are either very stealthy or alien craft have advanced stealth technology that we aren't capable of seeing. Perhaps seeing alien craft is on a technological level with brain wave science, this may explain why some of us can (are allowed) see the craft while others can not.

edit on 15CDT07America/Chicago04670731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I am sure we'd be seeing exceptionally high definition pics of UFOs on a daily basis...but we are not.

My estimate is more like once every ten years

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BullwinkleKicksButt

I am sure we'd be seeing exceptionally high definition pics of UFOs on a daily basis...but we are not.

If that were true, then those pictures should be considered as hard evidence and the conspiracy theory put to rest...but it is not.
edit on 15CDT08America/Chicago04280831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If that were true, then those pictures should be considered as hard evidence and the conspiracy theory put to rest...but it is not.

Well if that were true there would be no need for official instructions on the matter post-Blue Book

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well if that were true there would be no need for official instructions on the matter post-Blue Book

I think the official instructions are specifically for stealth military craft aka UFOs as far as government is concerned. Where does it mention alien craft in Blue Book?
edit on 15CDT08America/Chicago05780831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

They have to be blurry, taken through a window with a smartphone camera and nothing more than a light, far away, must be to see(this is the instruction for civilists)...

Not only but capture nothing else on screen for size comparison, holding camera unsupported to guarantee shaky cam images. Then stop recording mid event, so the conclusion is inconclusive.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Security cams everywhere (on buildings, roadways and in vehicles) capture meteors, burglars, accidents, explosions, etc., but never an actual UFO event...

People with their hand held devices walk the earth, but never is an event recorded that can't be defrocked, like CGI, bad lighting, blurry, shaky cam, etc.

So where are the abductions, the flybys (like I saw a long time ago), the landings, the interaction...?

How smart are aliens to disrupt the tech they know we have developed, to erase memory, to cloak, to hypnotize people into stupidfication... ?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
I would find it rather odd if there would not be any instructions on photographing Unidentified Flying Objects. The US have been flying a number of black projects. Other countries might have some too.
That's the general idea as the article linked in the OP infers:

It isn’t about aliens so much as foreign powers using American airspace to test their new high tech toys.

originally posted by: intrptr

Security cams everywhere (on buildings, roadways and in vehicles) capture meteors, burglars, accidents, explosions, etc., but never an actual UFO event...

People with their hand held devices walk the earth, but never is an event recorded that can't be defrocked, like CGI, bad lighting, blurry, shaky cam, etc.
At least the CGI is getting easier. Only takes a few seconds with some of these slick smartphone apps where you just click the UFO you want to add, adjust the size, position, transparency, etc.

So where are the abductions, the flybys (like I saw a long time ago), the landings, the interaction...?
The aliens probably knew of our "pics or it didn't happen" expression, so they figured flybys were cool when cameras weren't everywhere so they could get away with it without being photographed. Now that cameras are everywhere, I guess they can't do fly-bys anymore because someone might photograph it.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Most of these assumptions are that UFO's are from another planet, and are subject to the the laws a nuts and bolts craft (and occupants).

Considering the fact they may be of a more ethereal nature, it's not beyond the realm of reason that they can control what is seen, photographed etc

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The aliens probably knew of our "pics or it didn't happen" expression, so they figured flybys were cool when cameras weren't everywhere so they could get away with it without being photographed. Now that cameras are everywhere, I guess they can't do fly-bys anymore because someone might photograph it.

Cruel joke on people like me.

I know what I saw.

Got any proof?

They are destroying peoples word this way.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Cruel joke on people like me.

I know what I saw.

Got any proof?

They are destroying peoples word this way.

Then again, if they chipped you then you and only you would be able to see them/their craft, and only if they wanted you to.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Except I was with a half dozen friends and some other complete strangers and we all saw it. imo a completely random occurrence.

The Alien chipping thing has been debunked, again my .02. Every investigation into that I have seen has turned out to be inconclusive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join