It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ as God's Elected One

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wrote a thread on reddit. I have taught the Gospel wrong here for many years. This is to correct that mistake.

www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

You couldn't elaborate a little more to explain and maybe encourage us to be interested.

And what makes you correct now when you thought you were correct before, maybe you are wrong still?

Is this s statement, you have decided or are you looking at people offering different solutions

Always nice to explain an offsite link

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well Christ does mean "the anointed one"... but you need to give a little more in your OP to interest me

Im not going to wade through that post you linked... just looks like more paulianism

so nothing new

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I mean I could have just copied and pasted the material here. That was much easier. The link is all my material so I don't really see what the difference is. Quit being lazy and click the link or you can cash me ousside howbow dah?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I mean the OP clearly says I wrote that post.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
How about the Holy Trinity: click link to learn more. HOLY TRINITY
edit on 9-5-2017 by icanseeyouhoo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
How come people only talk about Christ but never talk about what he taught. I think people idol worship the word "Christ" where it no longer has any meaning. Maybe what Christ talk about is compelling enough to talk about. All people talk about is taking the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior. Someone once told me there is only one true Christian in the world and he died on the cross.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
How come people only talk about Christ but never talk about what he taught. I think people idol worship the word "Christ" where it no longer has any meaning. Maybe what Christ talk about is compelling enough to talk about. All people talk about is taking the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior. Someone once told me there is only one true Christian in the world and he died on the cross.

Except Jesus wasn't Christian...

People don't talk about what he taught because in Christianity what he taught doesn't matter... what matters is that he died for your sins... so you must "believe" in that concept... thats about it...

Paulianism

edit on 9-5-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

I mean I could have just copied and pasted the material here. That was much easier. The link is all my material so I don't really see what the difference is. Quit being lazy and click the link or you can cash me ousside howbow dah?

You could have and I agree, not necessary really, just an overview would be nice

No offence but there are some weird people and beliefs around here, just dont think many people want to get lost in strange doctrines and wont be interested without a reasonable intro

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

[1John 1:9 Reminder]

Let me know if I'm getting the basics of what you're saying.

1) Christ died for all sins to remove the sins of the world.

2) Therefore, with all sins removed, everyone is elected.

3) Since all are elected, all are saved.

Is that what you mean? If so, then how would you explain the Lake of Fire?

Here is my understanding.

Christ died for our sins, but not for our works. Sins and works are two separate things. Sins are trespasses against God, works are a direct reflection of the quality of soul. Isaiah 64:6 says that our works are as filthy rags. God is pleased in the works of Christ, but not ours. It is only through faith in Christ that the righteousness of Christ is credited to us, and therefore those who believe are saved. Those who don't believe will always have the opportunity to be saved, but will not actually be saved until they believe. Its a matter of personal choice.

The ELECT are NOT ALL of those who are saved. Read Matt 22:1-14. ALL who are saved are CALLED/INVITED. They are CALLED/INVITED to ELECTION, but not all of them will Abide in Christ unto the end to overcome the world. The idea is, you can be saved and still wear filthy rags on your soul, but you can't be ELECTED unless you wash the robes of your soul with the Word of God (Rev 3:4).

Basically, anyone can be saved by faith in Christ, but only those who Abide in Christ, consistently washing their souls in the Water of the Word of God will be ELECTED. It is the Word of God implanted in the heart of the soul that produces divine righteousness in the soul, and therefore resulting in righteous works (see James 1:21) Those who are not ELECTED go to the Outer Darkness for the duration of the Millennial Kingdom. Remember when Moses struck the rock the second time rather than speaking to it??? By doing that, Moses symbolically re-crucified Christ (Hebrews 6:6 is for saved BELIEVERS ONLY). Therefore he was still saved, in God's grace, but not allowed to enter the Promised Land. Instead, Moses had to watch from afar.

I've been piecing this together for almost a year now. Its all over the OT and NT. So salvation is only by faith in Christ. It cannot be lost, but eternal reward and royalty can be abdicated by refusing to grow in Christ.

Those in the Abyss and the future Lake of Fire do not go there because they are guilty of sins. As you stated, all sins are taken away. They go there for refusing to be identified (spiritual baptism) with the righteousness of Christ.

Totality of Salvation comes in three parts:

1) Faith in Christ to rebirth the human spirit.

2) Following the path of righteousness (by studying and living the Word) for the restoration of the human soul (Psalm 23:3)

3) Resurrection of the body (the white stone of acquittal, bearing the new name...Rev 2:17).

edit on 9-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added points

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That's a gross over simplification. Maybe a lot of lousy churches teach that, but the Bible, and Christ Himself, taught a three fold plan:

1) Initiation by faith in Him as the Lamb of God.

2) Abiding in Him by following His Word.

3) Resurrection.

I don't understand why you want to focus only on #2. Its no better than churches focusing only on #1.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

It has nothing to do with me...

Christianity doesn't focus on his teaching... its more about what Paul taught then anything else

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

People don't talk about what he taught because in Christianity what he taught doesn't matter... what matters is that he died for your sins... so you must "believe" in that concept... thats about it...

Paulianism

So Jesus wasn't crucified? I thought he was killed by crucifixion. Is crucifixion not the cause of death?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
More Abrahamic faith driven dogma. The dark ONE really made humanity almost 100% third eye blind with influencing the corruptible (Paul, Muhammad and Abraham).

Better to listen to the heavily anointed. Their ideas shines thru.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
I wrote a thread on reddit. I have taught the Gospel wrong here for many years. This is to correct that mistake.

www.reddit.com...

Like Akragon, I don’t wish to wade through you entire post/link, the replies and your responses to those replies…Added to which, I don’t even know what “wrong way” you were teaching before…

So…

What are the key differences between the “wrong way” you were teaching before, versus the “right way” your teaching today….can you summarise…you know, break it down a little…?

- JC

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Paulianism

So Jesus wasn't crucified? I thought he was killed by crucifixion. Is crucifixion not the cause of death?

Of course he was... Every bit of information we have says he was, except maybe a few texts that say someone else was executed in his place... which aren't reliable

the point is, his death isn't what was important... his life, and what he taught was.... but that isn't what Christianity teaches

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I mean click the link there is an intro...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Let me know if I'm getting the basics of what you're saying. 1) Christ died for all sins to remove the sins of the world. 2) Therefore, with all sins removed, everyone is elected. 3) Since all are elected, all are saved.

1) Yes, Christ effected everyone that Adam effected. He was the undoing of Adam.(Romans 5)

2) Not exactly. Christ is the elected one. That is the whole purpose of that post is to show that the doctrine of election is about Christ being elected and thru him all of mankind. All were immersed into Christ death and burial.(Romans 5, Romans 6, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, 2 Corinthians 5:14-20)

3) Again not exactly. What Adam did was undone by Christ for absolutely everyone. We are to regard no one according to the flesh. We are to call no man unclean. God's wrath is taken out on the false man mentioned in Romans 7.

A good trail in Romans is as follows

Romans 8 - Sons of God and glory for those in Christ

Romans 6 - All in Christ are immersed in his death. Their sinful nature has been nailed to that cross with Christ and put to death.

Romans 7 - Sinful nature vs True nature - Who sets us free from this battle ? Thanks be to Jesus Christ

Romans 5 - All are included in Christ whether they recognize it or not.

Romans 3 - Shows Paul is defending grace to Jewish believers in context

Romans 9-11 - All about inclusion not exclusion.

Read those chapters in that order. That is what kind of made me start to see that I was getting everything all wrong.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Romans 5 - All are included in Christ whether they recognize it or not.

Including unbelievers…?

Romans 3 - Shows Paul is defending grace to Jewish believers in context

What’s your definition of grace…?

- JC

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I guess you could say that the adamic species was elected in place of the fallen angels who rejected God. I mean, it was Lucifer's revolt that prompted the initiation of the adamic experiment...However, Election in Christ does not seem to be the same. Christ died to remove the sins of the world, so that is an offer of a free gift, not an election, and there is nothing that explicitly states that salvation is limited to humans only. I believe offer of salvation may even be available to Satan.

For those who actually chose to believe in Christ, there is the Call to Election in Christ, and then there is the actual fulfillment of the Election itself.

So Election is determined by the judgment of works, not sin. This is abundantly clear in Rev 20:11. At the last judgment, nonbelievers are judged by their works, not their sins. They obviously can't be judged by their sins, since Christ paid for all sins.

I'm not saying that your observations are wrong, I just don't think that election is the appropriate term in this case.

So there is a difference between sins and works, and that difference is what determines call vs election.

edit on 11-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join