It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepe the Frog 'is killed off to avoid being a hate symbol'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: stosh64
I liked this YT comment.

MSM:: Pepe is dead
Pepe: MSM is dead

Who do you trust?

YT

Neither are true.

Thanks for taking the time to point that out, I was so convinced PEPE told me MSM was dead.

You ruined everything.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well it was a dumb observation (one of those statements that sounds witty and clever until you actually think about it and realize it isn't enlightening at all). As much as the Alt Right wants to kill the MSM, it won't happen. And as much as Matt Furie or (in Konduit's opinion) the left wants to kill Pepe it won't happen. The internet thrives on antagonism, so if there is something that will antagonize a demographic of people then it will thrive on the internet. It's like stating the sky is blue.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I had to research this because I was not familiar with Pepe the Frog, but I think that it was a waste of time and effort for the creator to kill him off.

Racist will use whatever they have available, anything, idea, or belief, to spread their vitriol and hate. They do it because it has been a successful way of recruiting by acceptance, and normalizing that which was once considered by the majority to be safe and innocent, and it oozes into every crevice of our society like mold. It is not until there is enough of it to be noticed, or to make you sick, that we become aware of its presence and its untoward results.

I have seen it toxifying ATS for a while, and through my ignorance of the characteristics of this plague, I didn't know what I was looking at. I kept seeing the comments about "didnt do nuffin", and they didn't make sense to me, so I just over looked them. While researching about Pepe the Frog, I learned the true meaning of the words and how they and the use of memes are weapons for the spread of hate.

I thought ATS held itself above the other forums that will not be named, but the poison is alive and well here. It is not even thinly veiled anymore. It is right in your face and appears to be well accepted. It seems the mission has been accomplished. Killing off Pepe was pointless.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This has gotten so sureal.
partisans arguing over a cartoon frog

even this thread is ridiculous

these must truly be the end times.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Good lord.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Mikehawk

LoL, fear not.

There is an online secret prophecy that he will rise again in 3 days.

Praise KEK.

Actually, the frog god of chaos, "Kek," will NOT rise in three days.

His other form, a female frog god named, "Keket" will now manifest. I hate to tell you guys, he/she was trans-androgynous or Dual sexed. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Kek / Keket - Mythology
This is true.

AND while Kek = Chaos god, Keket = Order and Harmony. The destruction ends, and the rebuilding begins. That means different things to people in different parts of the political spectrum, but it sure sounds better than poor Kek.

So don't worry. The Kek force yields to Keket and all shall be well - the eternal dance of destruction v organization continues...

ETA - I think Keket is actually serpent-headed, but she's still his female side.
All KINDS of crazy metaphors could go with that one... Whew!
edit on 8-5-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
And here I thought Marine Le Pen was the "Alt-Right Frog".

edit on 8/5/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It was meant as a # joke Krazy. You are taking PEPE's death a little to seriously.

Lighten up

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No I'm not. I don't even care what Matt Furie does with Pepe. I don't even care about the meme. I was just pointing out that the joke you were making was dumb because just a modicum of thought disproves it from any partisan angle you approach it from.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

hehehehe... Viva la Pepe!

edit on 8-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

OK, joke was dumb, duly noted.

SMFH

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

OK, joke was dumb, duly noted.

SMFH

Don't listen to him. I for one am thrilled to know this...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

LoL, Thanks.

My self esteem was wavering

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was under the impression Pepe was a spawn from the collective pits of /pol/ and 4chan. They have been using this frog for years. Either way, I highly doubt these autistic weapons of mass destruction will give up their lord emperor Pepe anytime soon. No matter what the so called creator does. This crap is far to entertaining for it to stop anytime soon. It's given these people something to unite under. Who cares what a few racist turds ADOPT it for? Wouldn't be the first time a racist group adopted the identity of a non-racist person or thing.
BLM has hijacked many MLK quotes and speeches...

Besides this /pol army has actually done some good things. Exposed the Berkley bike-lock assaulter and the inner workings of ANTIFA to the world for one thing. During their down time they troll rich, egotistical, pretentious liberal Hollywood types. I say give these people a federal budget because when SHTF we will all thank our lucky charms this autistic hive mind is on our side.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'll just leave this here to help cheer you up.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Either way, I highly doubt these autistic weapons of mass destruction will give up their lord emperor Pepe anytime soon.

This crap is far to entertaining for it to stop anytime soon.

Autists unite!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen to the rainbow flags. Perhaps a public flag burning is in order. People who takes these things seriously are just stupid. Like the OK handsign troll. I can't believe the media fell for it and they surely will fall again for the rainbow flag one. It's oddly satisfying to watch them all crash and burn.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No place is safe from the infection of hate. A lot of people took the election of Trump as a signal to let a persons negativity out, and thrust it on to others. For the fun of lightening the load on themselves. Most people don't see it like that, but that's the psychological reality. Validation is like a narcotic to these people. They only get higher, and more belligerent.

I feel bad for Pepe. It must suck starting out as a funny meme that got hijacked by a bunch of 4chan knuckle draggers into a testament to ignorance and closed mindedness.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Streisand effect in action.

With "Pepe" dead, only "Kek" remains.

Thus is the battle over amphibian memespace decided, and 4chan once again victorious.

Abandon all hope.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join