It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepe the Frog 'is killed off to avoid being a hate symbol'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is Matt Furie's Twitter account.

Surprised? The tolerant left literally held this guy hostage. No more ad hominem's from you today.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Click @MattFurie in this Tweet.

Surprised? The tolerant left literally held this guy hostage. No more ad hominem's from you today.

One of your links is broke and the other is an irrelevant tweet from a random stranger.

The left literally held this guy hostage? Uh, was that supposed to be found in one of your links? Because I'm not finding it.

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Censorship - 5

Freedom - 0

Rest in peace Pepe.

Gone but never forgotten.

Your ghost will haunt the internet for eternity, this I know for certain.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't understand any of this

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Showing me a suspended account doesn't magically prove your point. You are still saying stuff that is against what is reported in the OP and you still haven't shown that lefties forced him to draw this comic.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Bah. Pepe will rise more powerful than ever.

This is nothing more than another evolution in 4chan's trolling of MSM, the latest being all these "secretly racist" hand signs. Saw a meme the other day about how 4chan is pumping out new "racist" hand signs faster than MSM can work itself into a rage about them.

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It's not broken, he was suspended last November when twitter cracked down on the "alt-right".

Maybe they will let him back on social media now after trying to appease his liberal overlords.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Youre right, this makes Pepe an immortal and he will definitely live on forever now.

Dumb move by the cry babies, genius move by Matt.

I bet you will start seeing Ghost Pepe memes very soon.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

It's not broken, he was suspended last November when twitter cracked down on the "alt-right".

Maybe they will let him back on social media now after trying to appease his liberal overlords.

There is no connection established in that article saying that Matt Furie's Twitter was included in that ban list.

Furie's displeasure with the Alt Right's usage of Pepe has been on record for months now:
Matt Furie Shares Rarest Pepe of All, Responds to Pepe Memes With a Nightmarish Comic Dated October 17th, 2016

Pepe the Frog’s creator, Matt Furie, has gone on record before to say that he’s been… let’s say unhappy with how his original, completely innocent Pepe the Frog was immortalized by the internet. One wondered, though, how he’d respond to how the character was co-opted by the alt-right, becoming one of the “Deplorables” of the alt-right that was bandied about not too long ago. I guess one needn’t have wondered too long, as Furie has responded to many of the memes with a comic of his own that he created for The Nib.

You really need to stop pushing fake news. Liberals didn't force him to do this. This is all on his own.

+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure there was no pressure whatsoever.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You certainly haven't proved it. Just Alternative Facts from you.

+9 more 
posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You're right, they didn't ask him to kill Pepe.

They just let out a bunch of autistic screeching until he decided, completely on his own, to kill a character from a Boy's Club comic book because, you know, "fascism".

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You haven't proved that. All that has been proven in this thread is that Matt Furie doesn't like the Alt Right using his creation. Your biases aren't evidence.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm not remotely aware of WTF made this frog thing famous or when, but I liken it to a more minor meme currently than anything based on how often I don't see it versus other meme shiz.

But if this is how the artist is going to tackle an issue, then maybe kicking it is best. You don't "get something back" from fad usage by making an even bigger public attention whoring ordeal of "killing it off".
edit on 5/8/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They killed Pepe because people used him as a "hate" symbol? Are they aware that /pol/ is mostly frequented by christians. This gives them now the opportunity to resurrect him like Jesus. They did them a really huge favor with that useless and idiotic gesture. Pepe is gonna be immortal forever now. He will rise again in 3 days. Let the triggering commence. This sh!t is hilarious.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
But if this is how the artist is going to tackle an issue, then maybe kicking it is best. You don't "get something back" from fad usage by making an even bigger public attention whoring ordeal of "killing it off".

Yeah. I'm not too crazy about this idea of the author's. It's like he doesn't understand how the internet works or something. Plus now that he isn't contributing to Pepe artwork (because Pepe is dead to Matt now) there will be no proper Pepe usage to juxtapose against the insensitive usage from the Alt Right.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I liked this YT comment.

MSM:: Pepe is dead
Pepe: MSM is dead

Who do you trust?

YT

Like a Phoenix PEPE rises from the ashes.
edit on 5 8 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I liked this YT comment.

MSM:: Pepe is dead
Pepe: MSM is dead

Who do you trust?

YT

Neither are true.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
And the world didn't even hiccup. One thing I have learned about 'passing away', peoples lives are quickly disposed of, I know, I'm in the recycling business, I see all kinds of things thrown away, a whole lifetime of stuff accumulated, divided up, hauled to the dump or put on the curb as garbage.

Their photos, mementos, keepsakes, knickakancks, clothing, cookware, tv and lamps.... pffft. to landfill. Their assets will be divided, a nice marker in a grave yard, and thats that.

The world goes on, barely skipping a beat.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
This is like when Charlton Heston blew up the Earth to prevent more "Planet Of The Apes" sequels being made. Remember how well that worked out?

That was funny. It worked for Dr. Strangelove.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join