It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI report finds officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
What do all three of these animals have in common, there is the real problem...a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Articulate exactly what you mean, I don't follow.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: SR1TX
Lmao good, the less of them on the street the better.

You may get your wish..someday.

Not soon enough.

These jerk offs run around like Terminators most of them. They instigate the hostile situations they are in 9/10. I DO NOT CARE about the crime they speak of that exists as it too is mostly caused and allowed to happen thanks in part to Uncle Sam not giving 1 hooten Da** about the problem et-all. We all risk life and death the moment we wake up so cry me a river and quit if you cannot handle being hated like DS because you act like DS to everyone.

No man is Judge, Jury, Executioner...and If you believe you art..well..the stats speak for themselves..don't they.

This has to be the most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time. I guess you failed to read how the ones the police are killing are violent CRIMINALS 99% of the time.

That's not what the article says AT ALL.

The article, and study, addresses officers killed by assailants, not people killed by officers.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is called the Ferguson Effect. If doing your job brings negative feedback and criticism you tend to stay out of sight, or out of certain neighborhoods. easier to get in trouble for doing something than for not doing something.

JinMI is right. sure, there are some bad cops, just like there are bad teachers and bad accountants and bad shoe salesmen, but the majority of the Police are good people trying their best to do a difficult job around mostly hostile people.

if you don't like the drug laws, change the laws, don't blame le cop.

Imagine walking up to a car at night wondering if the person(s) inside are pulling a weapon with intent to kill you. It takes special character to do that.

the police are the good guys. shame on the politicians and office flunkies who refuse to support them.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
This is called the Ferguson Effect. If doing your job brings negative feedback and criticism you tend to stay out of sight, or out of certain neighborhoods. easier to get in trouble for doing something than for not doing something.

JinMI is right. sure, there are some bad cops, just like there are bad teachers and bad accountants and bad shoe salesmen, but the majority of the Police are good people trying their best to do a difficult job around mostly hostile people.

if you don't like the drug laws, change the laws, don't blame le cop.

Imagine walking up to a car at night wondering if the person(s) inside are pulling a weapon with intent to kill you. It takes special character to do that.

the police are the good guys. shame on the politicians and office flunkies who refuse to support them.

By not supporting reform your not supporting police.

Like I said.

Unions protect the bad ones, the out of shape ones, the bad marksman, the bad decision makers.

Go ahead and Google police corruption.

You will find entire departments laundering drug money, being hired as hit men etc...

The police need better training, screening, rotation, mental health support, pay, and support.

Currently several states cap iq.

Look it up.

Edit: I have several friends in the field. One is a wrestling coach I teach with. I support good police. The ones that stay active mentally and physically but they shouldn't have to do it on their own, it should be built into the job. Weekly.
edit on 5-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is just one more step down the ladder of civilization into the sewer.

Like a body, US society has an auto-immune dissorder; it attacks it's own T-helper cells, the ones who are supposed to protect the body from threats.

This is what it looks like when your civilization is collapsing:

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed,
and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction,
while the worst Are full of passionate intensity.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

None of what you said addresses the fact that you have a 50/50 chance of having an encounter with an LEO that is a complete jerk on an ego-trip. That will do anything in his power to jack you up if he can and take you to the cleaners. For what reason I don't have any idea. This is a problem with the LEOs. This has nothing to do with laws, as if laws are even remotely possible to be changed like you claim.

The further you go out of the city limits of the bigger cities the higher the chance becomes that you are going to run into a bully LEO. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. These cops are being bullies to good people that are not doing anything wrong. That is not a good guy.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

It would be nice if it were that simple.

The reality is a social contract works both ways. When it falls apart people loose trust.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The real problem is that police officers aren`t trained or equipped to fight wars but that`s exactly what politicians and society is asking police officers to do.
The police are being sent into war zones without the proper training,equipment or support and expected to restore order.

we don`t send the police to Syria to fight terrorists we have a military to fight wars, so why are we sending the police into domestic war zones (where they are outnumbered) and expecting them to restore law and order?

in order to avoid law enforcement mission creep, society and politicians need to have an inflexible red line to determine where policing ends and where war starts. When the line is crossed you stop sending the police and start sending people who are trained, equipped and supported for combat.

use the right tool for the job, if you have a hammer why would you use a rock to drive a nail?

edit on 5-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The real problem is that police officers aren`t trained or equipped to fight wars but that`s exactly what politicians and society is asking police officers to do.
The police are being sent into war zones without the proper training,equipment or support and expected to restore order.

Or vice versa: we have so many ex-mil and wannabe mil cops who have been trained as such, that when they become police they patrol and treat the citizens as if they were still in an actual war zone, thereby obscuring the citizen/peace officer line and into an us vs. them/enemy line.
edit on 5-5-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Why would you heavily police areas where it gets you criticized, fired, or killed? Darren Wilson was a warning to all police officers. Let these people feel the pain, eventually they will recognize your importance, or they kill each other off, either way, we will all be better off.

Problem with that logic is that there is always collateral damage....in the form of innocent lives. A very hard catch-22.

When there is enough collateral damage, the sane will outnumber and overpower the insane. Until then, what can police do? Once enough people are murdered, once enough innocents are killed, the communities will rise up and demand more policing. As long as these communities target police and feel they are too heavily policed, there is nothing law enforcement can do. Back off, let them see how bad things get without police, then when they want to restore order, police can come back in. It sucks that innocent people will have to be killed, but this is the place we are in these communities.

In the past, police officers lived in the communities they worked in, knew everyone around them since high-school and could predict where trouble was going to start before it started (maybe it was the closing time at bars), the football game or last weeks of the college year.

To save money, local police stations were closed and they were merged into large base stations where officers drive around in pairs to any crime report. Because they don't know the locals, they have to act like Judge Dredd or Robocop minus the augmented reality headset database.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: waggz

None of what you said addresses the fact that you have a 50/50 chance of having an encounter with an LEO that is a complete jerk on an ego-trip. That will do anything in his power to jack you up if he can and take you to the cleaners. For what reason I don't have any idea. This is a problem with the LEOs. This has nothing to do with laws, as if laws are even remotely possible to be changed like you claim.

The further you go out of the city limits of the bigger cities the higher the chance becomes that you are going to run into a bully LEO. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. These cops are being bullies to good people that are not doing anything wrong. That is not a good guy.

50%? I can see ten-fifteen but not fifty. admittedly I live in a rural area where most police are locals.

Luthier, I agree bad cops should be rooted out, just like bad teachers. please remember, bad teachers almost never make the news but bad cops will be blared all over, especially if there is video. the media loves bad cop stories.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Bad teachers also don't usually kill people, launder drug money, and perform murder for hire. Police corruption is a huge issue in high crime areas like Baltimore, Miami, Chicago, St Louis etc..

If they weren't getting a poppers wage they may not run drugs for drug lords when things get desperate financially.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think cops put their own health above all. I can't say that I blame them. I would too. They say a wounded animal is more dangerous. If a cop needs to use force then it needs to be lethal. I wouldn't be surprised if their insurance required such a policy. Go for a non-lethal leg shot to disable a perp and you get a reprimand and fine. I have no idea if that's true but it's what it looks like to me. Cowards. If they want the respect that they should have then let's see them implement policies that value everyone's life as much as their own. As it is, I say it's a good thing they want to take a less proactive approach. They are supposed to be reactive responders in the first place.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
End the drug war. Problem solved.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Honest question.

What is the end game here? Where do you see this going?

Because I see conflicting reports.

Violence decreasing, violence increasing.

I can't trust the media. Just what I see.

Where do you think we're heading?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My opinion is that we will see violence increasing as the summer moves in. Where the officers are deciding to patrol less and enforce less, it won't take long for word to get around.

I guess that brings about another question. If it's not reported, then it's not happening.

It is also my opinion that force against police is rising and that force is being responded to if not anticipated thus the venom being spewed in the direction of LEO's.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

When you have a segment of society that thinks "illegal" aliens haven't done anything wrong, then the whole right/wrong, legal/illegal line gets blurred.

Oh, and thanks for answering!
edit on 5-5-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When you have a segment of society that thinks "illegal" aliens haven't done anything wrong, then the whole right/wrong, legal/illegal line gets blurred.

Agreed, it sets a dangerous precedent.

Why wouldn't I answer my favorite raspberry flinging animal?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The truth is the illegal aliens for the most part have done the least amount of wrong.

They are the scape goats and I hope your smart enough to see that.

Their employers who dodged taxes get to walk Scott free.

The politicians and police that turned a blind eye or aided will walk free.

Meanwhile everyone enjoys the cheap produce, cheap construction labor, cheap landscaping, cheap kitchen help, cheap cleaners..

I am all for a controlled border but the poor people looking for a better life are hardly the problem.

They are so engrained here they pay 11 billion in property tax, and 100's of billions into the economy. Far more than they cost.

They never should have been here illegally but it's not their fault they were used by employers to dodge taxes and the borders are completely open.

I think this narrative has been created to distract from who created the actual problem. The employers and politicians ...

edit on 5-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The truth is the illegal aliens for the most part have done the least amount of wrong.

100% of illegal immigrants broke the law. As it sits now, that is the fact. The prevalent question is will they break other laws and what will the be? I realize that sounds harsh and judgemental but that is the fact of the matter in many minds.

While I certainly will agree with you that if it wasn't mostly facilitated and ignored by farms and corporations then we would see a massive decline in the numbers. We all have decisions to make in our life and are responsible for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join