It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI report finds officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SR1TX

Ah, biased youtube videos. While sometimes entertaining rarely fully factual.

www.odmp.org...

killedbypolice.net...

Have youtube videos for those ^^ ?

You're sick if you really think this is Justice and a good use of resources:

abc13.com...

Thats from your link and the VERY FIRST STORY.

Yeah some 54 year old woman criminal I am sure she was with her lone ranger hanggunamabober there. SWAT team raid on 1 house? Give me a break. She may have fired? AHAHAHAHA

www.mercurynews.com... - No actual "Facts" Just "Sketchy Details"..suspect "Killed by LEO, but cannot be questioned cuz obviously dead"

www.ajc.com... - Show me the trajectory and video of man shooting + witnesses saying that what happened or BS.

woodtv.com... - Suspect again dead, no questioning, gun recovered, magically not known how many shots were fired, but cops emptied the clip.

That's just going down your page source buddy. Lies, misdirection..and a whole lotta dead men that can tell no tales huh?

Yeah, Hero Leo's...
edit on 5-5-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yea, they probably should have just let her fulfill her threats...huh?

Apparently those links went over your head. You see it's not just random perps being killed, it's officers as well. Millions of arrests per year, and you would see that dropped to zero by not having authorities at all?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yea, they probably should have just let her fulfill her threats...huh?

Apparently those links went over your head. You see it's not just random perps being killed, it's officers as well. Millions of arrests per year, and you would see that dropped to zero by not having authorities at all?

What Threats?

This is a world of the Snowflake I see. Pardon me, I come from a part of Tx where "We do not call the police signs" are more common than not.

What you find threatening, I find entertaining.

You rely on others, we rely on ourselves.

Peace.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Well you've tried to insult the story, that didn't work.
Then you got called out on facts, you deflected,

Finally, you want to get personal as though you know something about me. Game over bud, you got nothing but ignorance.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Well you've tried to insult the story, that didn't work.
Then you got called out on facts, you deflected,

Finally, you want to get personal as though you know something about me. Game over bud, you got nothing but ignorance.

I died.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You are right, every cop is bad

Every black person is good at basket ball
Every Asian person is good at maths
Every white person has a secret agenda
Every Indian person is good at cooking curry

Oh wait! I get it! Just a troll
Im super silly

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The root of most of the problems with policing and anti-cop hate is the drug war. What we see is the result of 40+ years of it.

Remove the drug war, and you remove the societal wedge. Keep it going and it will all eventually break down.
edit on 5-5-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I say let these big anti-police towns go without any law enforcement. Let anarchy reign.

I give it a week before they beg for the "evil thuggish pigs" to come back.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
The root of most of the problems with policing and anti-cop hate is the drug war. What we see is the result of 40+ years of it.

Remove the drug war, and you remove the societal wedge. Keep it going and it will all eventually break down.

Fair enough and I agree, however I would think that would strengthen the resolve of certain groups to apply more pressure and gain more MSM coverage.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Sometimes the people call out to say the police don't want to help their neighborhoods because they are black... ridiculous I know...

My fear, is all this hatred towards thes cops are going to get us a national police force, annnnd I believe that won't turn out so hot.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What do all three of these animals have in common, there is the real problem...a reply to: iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Source

Some folks saw this happening and from my perception, was the logical next step.

“Departments — and individual officers — have increasingly made the decision to stop engaging in proactive policing,” said the report by the FBI Office of Partner Engagement obtained by The Washington Times.

FBI spokesman Matthew Bertron said the study was written in April. “Nearly every police official interviewed agreed that for the first time, law enforcement not only felt that their national political leaders [publicly] stood against them, but also that the politicians’ words and actions signified that disrespect to law enforcement was acceptable in the aftermath of the Brown shooting,” the study said.

There are two driving factors to this. One is the media. In its pursuit for clicks, likes, shares, upvotes etc., they will be the first to find and exploit these types of stories. In many cases before all the facts are in and speculation still runs amok. Second only to the reaction from certain factions within the public who go off those initial reports and see any action against local authorities as justified.

The report examined 50 of the 53 incidents last year in which officers were killed in the line of duty, excluding the three cases that involved minors or perpetrators who remain unknown. Most of the assailants who used deadly force against officers did so in an effort to avoid being taken into custody, but 28 percent were motivated by hatred of police and a desire to “kill law enforcement,” in some cases fueled by social and political movements.

Sure, there is no shortage of egotistical officers with a lust for power and a desire to wield it. We have seen it before and will likely see it again, however that should not represent LEO's as a whole. Conversely, there a far more anti- types of groups out there.

Finally;

While racial tension has been the focus of deadly police encounters since the Brown shooting, nearly half of the assailants who killed officers in 2016 — 48 percent — were white, the FBI study found.

Of the rest, 36 percent were black, 14 percent were Hispanic, and 2 percent were Native Alaskan. Nearly all — 86 percent — had criminal histories; 60 percent had used drugs, and 32 percent were under the influence at the time of the attack.

In addition, 26 percent were under active warrants, and 24 percent had known gang affiliations. All were men.

Strip all of the labels away and what you have is most were breaking or had broken the law which would facilitate the need for the authorities presence.

Here's to hoping we don't have another summer like last.

This is a major issue.

Police reform is a major issue. Leo's are simply not screened, trained, or paid enough.

The police unions have ruined policing much like teachers unions ruined education.

One police in many states are capped with aptitude testing and literally have iq limits. The reasons are completely bogus as the military does not limit iq in fear of the chain of command being broken by intelligent people questioning orders.

The lawmakers have put police in terrible situations where they have to solve all societies problems. A lot of these guys are killed in domestic disputes

The military style policing has effected public perception as well. Defense contractors have given police more and more toys, but they don't have the adequate training to handie stress in the field so we just have more toys and less skill.

Ask yourself do you think police unions are good? Do you think 360lb officers who can't run for 2 minutes should be on the street? How about police who have poor marksmanship, like the one who had an ar15 50 yards away and shot the autistic man's care giver in florida. The cop said he was trying to shoot the autistic man. Not only did he make a poor decision to fire his weapon, he couldn't hit the right person, which puts every person in public range in danger. Or the lady who shot the meth head pacing around his car, or the Chicago police force constantly getting busted doing bad things like selling stolen goods for gangs, murder for hire, lieing about how people were shot by the police and then video evidence coming to light.

It's not as simple as your making it sound. It's not just the public going crazy. The police are also the problem. The imagery is a problem.

They need better pay, better training, better rotation so they don't deal with the worst scum every day, and far better screening.

They are there for us not the other way around, they are our servants not our keepers.

As a martial arts teacher I have lots of police officer friends. They don't like fat lazy cops either. They do this training on there own, the force does not have a weekly hand to hand practice. Weekly tactical awareness training, or even marksmanship in some cases.
edit on 5-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Aww? Needing to result to insults already?

Pics/Video of said violent criminals or cop is lying.

Peace.

Dear Brand Spanking New Member:

Your opinion is crap.

Ypu should be thankful that police ARE using deadly force where warranted and excuse those rare occasions when mistakes are made.

Sounds to me like you have run afoul more than your share.

Heres hoping Law and Order do prevail ultimately because without it the world is at the mercy of the soulless thugs.

The less of you on the street the better.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Peace.

Your opinion is crap.

Ypu should be thankful that police ARE using deadly force where warranted and excuse those rare occasions when mistakes are made.

Heres hoping Law and Order do prevail ultimately because without it the world is at the mercy of the soulless thugs.

Lol,

"I am superior due to my length of time arguing online with others. My opinion is clearly more valid for this sole reason and sole reason alone."

Lmfao you people are just bullies on here like the cops you worship I see. Snowflake generation alive and well.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

So in your mind the only two options are keep the police as they are or they go away?

Do you think unions are good for police?

Do you think protecting 350lb police officers, with no stress training, and poor marksmanship and bad decision making is a good idea?

What about a cap on iq?
edit on 5-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If by "stopping proactive policing" they mean they are going to stop going out "looking for" (read: starting) trouble and/or petty crimes so they can take your money. Then i say what a fantastic development for freedom! Cops should come when called, not poke around peoples lives looking for reasons to introduce to into the justice system.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Here's to hoping we don't have another summer like last.

I don't understand that comment. If the cops are de-policing, particularly in the cities, and we know they are because of the recent reports coming out of Baltimore citing shortages of cops because they are quitting to take jobs elsewere, there will of necessity be fewer people shot by cops so it seems pretty obvious this summer wont be like the last couple. If on the other hand your hoping there will be less crime and violence in the city streets, I'd have to guess you will be disappointed.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Peace.

Your opinion is crap.

Lol,

"I am superior due to my length of time arguing online with others. My opinion is clearly more valid for this sole reason and sole reason alone."

Lmfao you people are just bullies on here like the cops you worship I see. Snowflake generation alive and well.

Coming from somebody who touts being a Texan as some form of badass, that's kinda ironic.

Something tells me you won't be long for ATS.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Yeah people are sick of getting pulled over for speeding and then getting bullied into having their entire car torn apart for the cops to look for drugs that aren't there. Ridiculous.

This is how the story goes:

"Do you have any drugs in the vehicle?"
"No, I don't do drugs and never have."
"Well you wouldn't mind if I searched your vehicle then would you?"

This is why the cops have so much hate. Its been going on for too long.
edit on 5-5-2017 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

By your metric I think your opinion is crap and the less of you the better. He has a right to his opinion just as you have your right to have yours, Mr. ATS-paragon-of-virtue.

Regarding the OP, what did the American LEO community expect? They treat people like they're your subjects at best or enemy combatants at worst. Are you surprised that people are taking matters into their own hands? When law enforcement officers can do no wrong and are often rewarded with paid vacations for their violent behavior, people think wrongly or rightly that they have no recourse but to take matters into their own hands.

On another forum it was asked "when did it get so bad, America? When did your police officers become thugs and when did its citizens become subjects?"

I replied "right about the time they began beating up grandmothers, stomping kittens, and shooting dogs for no damned reason."

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join