It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman could face jail time for laughing at Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

it's somehow acceptable for that woman and her pals to break the law,

Did the others do something? I am not aware of that do you have a link?
Did you watch the video where she made the sound?

Out of curiosity did you? It was posted a few pages back and shows her interruptions.

In addition to the laughing loon 2 other protestors present were also arrested and charged. Since they blatantly caused a disturbance the left is only, and dishonestly, covering / spinning the lady who "laughed".

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

it's somehow acceptable for that woman and her pals to break the law,

Did the others do something? I am not aware of that do you have a link?
Did you watch the video where she made the sound?

Out of curiosity did you? It was posted a few pages back and shows her interruptions.

In addition to the laughing loon 2 other protestors present were also arrested and charged. Since they blatantly caused a disturbance the left is only, and dishonestly, covering / spinning the lady who "laughed".

She made one sound there were no interruptions before that and yes I watched all of it on the news and again on video. They were reasonably upset because she was manhandled the way she was.
I disagree with most of you here I think someone should have quietly warned her as she had expected when she realized she had laughed aloud. She could barely be heard at all. But to each his own I see a bigger picture here than most of you young ones.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

She was in the very back of the room and the microphone from the very front of the room picked it up. It was a disruption and she broke the law.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It makes me sad, and a little scared, that so many people here agree that any amount of jail is a fitting punishment for this breach of the law. Is that an american thing I wonder...

I think 100 hours of community service would be much more appropriate.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

The punishment does not fit the crime. Not at all. I'm also surprised by the reactions from other members. I'm American and it scares me a little bit, too. A year in jail is overkill for what essentially boils down to laughter that lasted less than two seconds and dressing like a jackass...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It pays to show respect.

She should have shouted "liar!" That is now acceptable behavior in the Capitol.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: RickyD
She was free to make whatever disruption she wanted...And she is also free to deal with the consequences of the actions she freely undertook. Just because you're free to do something doesn't mean it won't have consequences.

i dont care if this chick goes to jail or not but what?

to me free to do it implies that i will be free after i do it as well.
must just be me

Well, you're free to go ahead and kill your neighbor, but don't expect to not deal with the consequences.

i guess im the only one
to me if something i do will cause me to be imprisoned then i am not free to do it.

free to do it means you will be free after you do it

you are also free to kill your neighbor in iran and north korea but you will have consequenses after.

(post by Indigo5 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

For laughing? It looks like she did a lot more than that.

Yes, again I say she did nothing but make a tiny sound until they began dragging her out.

Sooo, her actions caused a disruption of legal proceedings?

Pretty sure thats, uhhh....illegal.

From the looks of the three videos I've seen of the incident, the legal proceeding hadn't been disrupted until they started dragging her off. So until they disrupted the legal proceeding to arrest her, she wasn't disrupting anything.

None of this, I repeat, none of this would have happened if she wouldn't have been so insolent. Time and place.

Seriously...you sound like a third world dictator rationalizing the arrest of dissidents.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

The punishment does not fit the crime. Not at all. I'm also surprised by the reactions from other members. I'm American and it scares me a little bit, too. A year in jail is overkill for what essentially boils down to laughter that lasted less than two seconds and dressing like a jackass...

i know earlier i said i dont care if she goes to jail but after thinking on it i do and i agree with you.
since when did everything become so cut and dry.

a member above said she broke the law period....
in another thread a guy and his family got kicked off a plane cause he broke SOP
in another one a woman is in jail cause she drove while taking her medicine....

things are not so simple....

things are going to be very strange a decade from now

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This was a POLITICAL EVENT and the SWEARING IN OF A POLITICAL APPOINTEE..

The DOJ's Attorney in court:

"“A number of heads turned around because it was loud,” Stier argued.
“I would submit that laughter is enough, standing alone,” to merit a charge, he said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The charges brought by the DOJ and DOJ Attorney's

"parading or demonstrating on Capitol grounds,”
"disorderly conduct"

So by the new standard of democratic Tyranny the Trump Administration employs (e.g. Russia, Turkey, China)

Rep. Joe Wilson would be serving jail time for shouting "You Lie" during President Obama's State of the Union and the Right Wing/Tea Party Protestors would be in a special prison for their unending protests on Capitol Grounds.

Insane to me that you guys are cheering this BS.

Our Founding Fathers..the ones the right wing pretended to care about..despise what the right wing has become.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
This was a POLITICAL EVENT and the SWEARING IN OF A POLITICAL APPOINTEE..

Insane to me that you guys are cheering this BS.

who is cheering it on?

i will say i agree. she disrupted some super special legal hearing. she BROKE THE LAW PERIOD.
ok....

but a year in jail???
come on

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It pays to show respect.

Seriously...Could you imagine if President Obama had Rep. Joe Wilson dragged out the Chamber, charged and jailed???

This is China, Russian, Turkish "democracy"..

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It pays to show respect.

Seriously...Could you imagine if President Obama had Rep. Joe Wilson dragged out the Chamber, charged and jailed???

This is China, Russian, Turkish "democracy"..

difference between a lone outburst and extended group disruption.
she was found guilty of TWO COUNTS. not a single laugh.
if Wilson had kept on he would have been dragged out also.

originally posted by tinysicktears
i will say i agree. she disrupted some super special legal hearing. she BROKE THE LAW PERIOD.
ok....

but a year in jail???
come on

SHE HASN'T BEEN SENTENCED YET. The sentence COULD BE UP TO ONE YEAR.

Each protester faces up to six months in jail or a $1,000 (£776) fine, according to Mr Miller.

source: www.bbc.com...

accuracy, people.
edit on 5-5-2017 by ElGoobero because: add useful info

edit on 5-5-2017 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

If the administration had more to look forward to they wouldn't need gimmicks to rally the base.

Unfortunately the only things they are able to do have very little impact on the people that voted.

Sessions is a union stooge. The guy is going to do more harm than good so he needs some positive press for the base.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It's hilarious / frightening to see all these 'freedom-minded' folk on this forum defending the law. Christ, if you think throwing a person in a cage for being disrespectful and laughing is good and proper and 'rules are rules' or whatever, you're crap. Place? Time? When it comes the innocuous nature of 'contempt', my answer is Prison? Never!!!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ElGoobero

If the administration had more to look forward to they wouldn't need gimmicks to rally the base.

Unfortunately the only things they are able to do have very little impact on the people that voted.

Incorrect..

The 11 states most likely to be affected by pre-existing conditions all voted for Trump
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

SHE HASN'T BEEN SENTENCED YET. The sentence COULD BE UP TO ONE YEAR.

I don't care..

The DOJ CHOSE to prosecute her...Full on trial...

even the most vile, racist protestors that Obama and his people encountered...NEVER...NOT ONCE...were they charged or prosecuted.

Eff Jeff Sessions royally..and that is the ghosts of the founding fathers shouting, not me.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

For laughing? It looks like she did a lot more than that.

Yes, again I say she did nothing but make a tiny sound until they began dragging her out.

Sooo, her actions caused a disruption of legal proceedings?

Pretty sure thats, uhhh....illegal.

From the looks of the three videos I've seen of the incident, the legal proceeding hadn't been disrupted until they started dragging her off. So until they disrupted the legal proceeding to arrest her, she wasn't disrupting anything.

None of this, I repeat, none of this would have happened if she wouldn't have been so insolent. Time and place.

Seriously...you sound like a third world dictator rationalizing the arrest of dissidents.

You and my kids would get along real well

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The State of the Union isn't even a legal proceeding. There's not even a law that says they have to do those. Its just a traditional gathering that has mo bearing on our laws or govt.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join