It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will California become to the U.S. what Taiwan is to China?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

You bring up excellent points. The U.S. is not immune from the those forces
of change that the rest of the world is subject to.

Now add in at least the potential for agendas, both internal and outside the U.S., that would dearly love to see the U.S. 'Balkanize'- I'm not saying one way or the other if that in the long run wouldn't be a positive or not- and at the least, the situation should be watched with more vigilance than just another 'granola state' dramatization.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: JAY1980

Exactly! The truth is that most caliFornians aren't even human (hence their lack of need for H20).

If you ever go to calfirornia you'll see that its populated mostly by hipsters with pools.

All they ever do is eat almonds!

I've got no problem with california becoming the next North Kore because than we can invade it and fill it with decent hard working REAL americans.

lol this cracked me up. you gotta spend less time in those frisco bars

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

You bring up excellent points. The U.S. is not immune from the those forces
of change that the rest of the world is subject to.

Now add in at least the potential for agendas, both internal and outside the U.S., that would dearly love to see the U.S. 'Balkanize'- I'm not saying one way or the other if that in the long run wouldn't be a positive or not- and at the least, the situation should be watched with more vigilance than just another 'granola state' dramatization.

I've already heard rumor, though I haven't really looked the veracity, that there's possibility that Russia, or at least Russian interests, have been, in part, bankrolling the Cal-Exit movement. Like I said, it's just a rumor I heard, but if it turned out to be true, it wouldn't surprise me. It would also not surprise me to learn various other foreign entities might be behind, or supporting, various secession movements. The fall and break up of the U.S., to say the least, would not only please the Russians and Chinese, but a number of other countries who could benefit. So yes. Anyone with a brain is actually going to keep an eye on the long game and big picture here. This isn't a handful of hippies. There's big money, maybe other countries involved, and not just in California, either.

As to whether or not the eventual break up, and subsequent redrawing of boundaries, will be a positive or negative depends on a number of things. If the U.S. continues it's current long term, backwards leaning and unreliable trends, a break up and a "divorce", in the style of the Soviet Break up, might be the best the world and the country can hope for. The question is, who would oversee it? Russia? China? The U.N.? Yeah...that just made me sleep easier......

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: starwarsisreal
Now California is a sanctuary State.

California is NOT a sanctuary State.

some counties have openly said they are not sanctuary counties.
we have our "Law and Order" counties.

Kern county
El Dorado County
Tehama County
Siskiyou County

County sheriffs are elected by the people in there counties not by the state and follow the will of the people that elected them not bowing to the state when dealing with federal laws.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

a reply to: starwarsisreal
Now California is a sanctuary State.

California is NOT a sanctuary State.

some counties have openly said they are not sanctuary counties.
we have our "Law and Order" counties.

Kern county
El Dorado County
Tehama County
Siskiyou County

County sheriffs are elected by the people in there counties not by the state and follow the will of the people that elected them not bowing to the state when dealing with federal laws.

Perhaps that could use some clarification. My understanding was Sacramento had more or less declared itself a sanctuary State. Is that the case?

I can see, having lived there for 20+, that a few counties could 'ignore' that ruling and there isn't much the State would be willing to do about it?

So which is it? The State declaring themselves a Sanctuary State with a few rebelling counties or 'fake news'?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join