It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will California become to the U.S. what Taiwan is to China?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This one is an itch I can't seem to scratch. It's more likely a plot for a war author....still worth speculating on.

Off the top, I do not believe Gov. Brown has a big enough 'pair' to tangle with the U.S. gov't by himself. If that is a correct assessment of the man, then it implies an outside California 'backing'. Perhaps even outside the U.S.. Perhaps a U.N.? Mexico? Chinese money? Even cartel backing? Soros? Then list any combination of the above.

California has plenty of oil resources, not to mention untapped off-shore reserves. They also have their largest industry which is agriculture so both food and energy isn't a problem. Water might be, but desalination plants could fix that one. Then there's the open border philosophy. Massive immigration from Asia, Mexico and South America would supply an almost unending source of cheap labor.

All that seems to be missing is the money/investment or commitment to invest in an independent California.

There's absolutely nothing that I can see short of armed intervention by the U.S.to stop it if that's the game plan. The U.N. would recognize the new state faster than any in the past. World opinion would be totally in California's side and dearly love the opportunity to stick it to the bad old U.S. of A..

The argument would be you've supported the Taiwan separation for decades, financially, militarily and have blocked Chinese efforts to reabsorb Taiwan at every turn. What goes around comes around.

The result would be an actual physical wedge in the North American zone featuring a truly world mix, people-wise. It would be the shining example of zero ethnicity for the rest of the world to build upon.

When one domino falls, the rest, or at least many, will follow suit. The beginning of the end of the USA? Not impossible will all that's been going on internally to set this scenario up.

If this isn't just another good idea for a novel, that is.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
NO

I say that too many people ( living in the USA) like tacos filled with hate from the Spanish. Hey guys, enjoy your tacos.
Its one way of invading a country.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

As A California resident, it would never happen.

If it happened, the Mexican Drug Cartels will set shop there.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As A California resident, it would never happen.

If it happened, the Mexican Drug Cartels will set shop there.

that 2would only happen if it is allowed, but then again, how can all major amerian citites have a drug problem withouth the Us govt. i know, I lived over seas during the Vietnam war.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Likely, your right. Yet, it's fairly obvious sanctuary cities draws illegals. Now California is a sanctuary State. That draws even more illegals.Yes?

Now all one needs in California to register to vote is a California ID card or California license. Illegals can get either, automatically.

So tell me just how
it will never happen?

edit on 4-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It won't. It takes a Constitutional Amendment at the Federal level or call for a convention of the States (which is whole other mess)..

Last I read (a few months back and have not paid attention to it lately) less than 20% approved of Calexit.

If it were to happen tomorrow, the Democrats would lose big in the House and some in the Senate as well a popular votes.

And in no way can California be compared to Taiwan...that is almost an insult the the history and people of Taiwan.

Nothing will ever come of it, ever.

mg

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I don't think this would happen. With 55 electoral votes leaving, I doubt the democrats would allow it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

I don't think this would happen. With 55 electoral votes leaving, I doubt the democrats would allow it.

I don't it will happen either. those 55 electoral college votes would kill the Democrat Party......unless they changed the system.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
No.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I say let it happen.

The granola munchers dont know how to thank the real usa for all that we give them so I dont care if San Adrea does split and make Califfornai float away like a really bad dream of delusion and hellcification of the pineal gland.

It reminds me of the story of the pineapple and the pelican.

So there was a pineapple, a single juicy and moist pinapple on the shelf of a vendor by the beach when a pelican comes up and says to the man, "You got any fish"?

Think about it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

It won't. It takes a Constitutional Amendment at the Federal level or call for a convention of the States (which is whole other mess)..

Last I read (a few months back and have not paid attention to it lately) less than 20% approved of Calexit.

If it were to happen tomorrow, the Democrats would lose big in the House and some in the Senate as well a popular votes.

And in no way can California be compared to Taiwan...that is almost an insult the the history and people of Taiwan.

Nothing will ever come of it, ever.

mg

I wonder what the popular vote is for war in the ME? Not very high is it?

How about all the crap this nation has undergone from our gov't without ANY mandate!

Where is Brown's mandate for all he's done already?? The public puts up with it. He certainly acts 'empowered'. 'Mandated'. Seen any public backlash to speak of on his rhetoric and actions?

I haven't.

P.S. Congress? Really? What would the popular vote be to enforce California to stay in the Union if Sacramento acts unilaterally?

The majority outside Cali would likely say 'good riddance'.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Brown is taking a page from Obama's game plan where the nation dutifully followed along while much wringing of hands was done in private. With a new sheriff in DC, Brown will find that some grass roots resistance growing in his own yard. Not everybody in Cali wants hordes of low-skilled illegals camping next door because somebody has to pay for them and if Uncle cuts the purse strings Brown's initiative can't get traction.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
the CalExit push failed recently and was called off due to the main guy involved in it being tied to russian groups who push for succession in western countries. no surprise really since he is living in russia aswell. how u can not be an active resident and push for something like that is beyond me. quite hilarious though.
edit on 4-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Now all one needs in California to register to vote is a California ID card or California license. Illegals can get either, automatically.

California resident here. Before I indulge... Please read both these entries from Snopes. Deny ignorance is the motto.

While California did pass a law to increase voter turnout, the state has not made it legal for undocumented people to vote.

Zero evidence has been put forth to support the widely parroted claim that 3 million "illegal aliens" voted in the 2016 presidential election.

edit on 4-5-2017 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Water... if Calexit happened where exactly would California get the water to...

A: water all those crops..

B: Hydrate all those people...

Answer that and then maybe the state could survive on its own.

Desalinization is not really an answer for a state that big, that dependent on Agriculture, in fact it has been a bit of a financial disaster for Clearwater Florida.. .and that was for 1 moderate sized city. Water for LA, San Fran, and San Diego alone would be a massively expensive undertaking all on its own.. and that does not even touch watering the crops.

So while theoretically it is possible they could survive on its own, not a single politician using calexit as a podium to advance themselves is actually serious about it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Is not in the best interest of the political rats running California for so long, they are all power hungry, they can no get to hold the power of the rest of the nation so they are fixated on keeping California one way or the other.

Still California legal residents are not all in favor of those that are holding them hostage, California is more than just illegals and liberals.

For those that are citizens of California for generations they know that their state is been used as a tool to play politics.

These people will raise eventually and make changes about who is running their State.

edit on 4-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Water... if Calexit happened where exactly would California get the water to...

A: water all those crops..

B: Hydrate all those people...

Answer that and then maybe the state could survive on its own.

Desalinization is not really an answer for a state that big, that dependent on Agriculture, in fact it has been a bit of a financial disaster for Clearwater Florida.. .and that was for 1 moderate sized city. Water for LA, San Fran, and San Diego alone would be a massively expensive undertaking all on its own.. and that does not even touch watering the crops.

So while theoretically it is possible they could survive on its own, not a single politician using calexit as a podium to advance themselves is actually serious about it.

water isnt really the issue, its our legislation that is the issue. for example the people of california only have an 8% share of the water. 42% is for industrial and agricultural use. the other 50% is dumped down out to the ocean for the smelt. i wouldnt have much of a problem with that if it werent for the fact that theyve been decimating the smelt do to incompetence, mismanagement, or whatever. they are advised to dump the water when its at a certain temperature and in many cases they miss that date by months and by that point the water is so warm that it destroys the smelt. last i looked within a 5 year period the smelt had declined 99% in the spawning grounds.

the other issue i have is lets say the agenda their pushing is true and california could be in for an extended drought, then what have they done to make sure that in the future we have plenty of water? they havent tried building new reservoirs. instead they go after the people with the smallest share simply for tax revenue while putting restrictions on them that cause property damage. ie not watering lawns etc. they finally took one step in the right direction by taking another look at the auburn dam proposal but i have a feeling that will be denied again because of a squirrel,frog, etc. meanwhile were spending billions on a train knowone wants, billions to build 2 tunnels to move a problem from one place to another, they leave our roads in disrepair as they appropriate the money from our gas taxes, etc. the people need to wake up and quite electing these morons into office.
edit on 4-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Why not ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
the CalExit push failed recently and was called off due to the main guy involved in it being tied to russian groups who push for succession in western countries. no surprise really since he is living in russia aswell. how u can not be an active resident and push for something like that is beyond me. quite hilarious though.

Pushing it? Not bloody likely. More a swinish suspicion.

I haven't seen anything on any Russian groups being linked to it-which would support my premise that Brown wouldn't even attempt this on his own- so I'd appreciate a link for the information.

I lived in Ca. for about twenty years and I'm no fan of California- outside the USC Trojans and the Rose Bowl- and wouldn't move back without incentive, yet I wouldn't want California gone from the Union, per say.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

you are correct...

With new reservoirs, rolling back some of the over the top environmental legislation they could easily fix the problem.

But the mentality that got California to this point will never let it happen, so my approach was overly simplified.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join