It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Draft of Trump’s Religious Freedom Order Reveals Sweeping Plans to Legalize Discrimination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I thought the whites only water fountains issue was settled a long time ago. I guess the new in-style way to discriminate is to deny service based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

I used to go to a church when I was younger that forbade women from wearing pants (only dresses and skirts) and cutting their hair. Guess they can be discriminated against, too, because religion.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: TheTory
To keep the government out of my conscience is a good thing. No one should be legally bound to operate against his conscience. That isn't the government's decision.

This is such a great comment.

No, it's not. This is the whole point of the conversation. For you it is clear as day. For other people, when you do not serve gays it is a form of discrimination. It's not about the person being served, not the person doing the discrimination. From your point of view, it's about the person being allowed to following their religious morals is NOT about discrimination from the point of view of the person doing the serving. So who is right? The person doing the serving? Or the person who is being served? I don't think it is clear cut either way. That is why this is a controversial subject.

This thread reminds me of the story some years back about evangelicals in the Air Force who were told by their commanders to go back to their rooms and witness for each other taking Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The father of some anti-Jesus Jew-bag was complaining that his son should not be forced to change his faith. The evangelicals were arguing not allowing them to be evangelicals was a violation of their religious freedoms. The court rule in the evangelicals favor and now all Air Force cadets must become born-again Christians.

"Evangelicalism Is the Official Religion of the Air Force Academy"

ffrf.org...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I think I can see how the Trump WH wants to work. Bring back discrimination against homosexuals and minorities.

Well the Anti Trump's never ended their discrimination.

Just ask them evil rich folks,bankers,ceo's,gun owners, and the list goes on.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

I thought the whites only water fountains issue was settled a long time ago. I guess the new in-style way to discriminate is to deny service based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

I used to go to a church when I was younger that forbade women from wearing pants (only dresses and skirts) and cutting their hair. Guess they can be discriminated against, too, because religion.

For a (thankfully) short period of time when I was 12 - 15 or so, I was forced to go to a Christian church where women were required to cover their heads (scarves, hats) and not allowed to participate in any of the ceremonial aspects of any "worship" service. they just had to sit there with their heads bowed.

It was really more like a cult as far as I'm concerned...

Anyway, I still have a few relatives connected to that church. The practices of the church itself has had to moderate somewhat since the late 1970's when I was there, but I'm pretty sure it's still an entirely male-dominated belief system.

Truly disgusting in 2017...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: notsure1

Yeah god forbid someone object to something. People should have the right to say no I wont maryy you go somewhere else.

No You cant use the girls restroom because You have a penis.

Just looks like we are getting more freedoms back to me.

No, we dont serve food to "your kind" here.

And no you are not welcome in our prayer room or our "safe space"

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I think I can see how the Trump WH wants to work. Bring back discrimination against homosexuals and minorities.

Well the Anti Trump's never ended their discrimination.

Just ask them evil rich folks,bankers,ceo's,gun owners, and the list goes on.

Well, I'm fairly well to do, own 3 active business, have a very nice collection of long guns and pistols and I don't feel any discrimination....in fact blessed to live in a country where imagination, hard work and entrepreneurship is still respected and appreciated.

But I have gay contemporaries that have been beaten by people that somehow were offended by their sexuality.
edit on 3-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe that is the solution anyone that want to discriminate for whatever reason need to declare that place of business

a "SAFE SPACE".
edit on 3-5-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So tell me O.

How do you feel about having to prove your innocence to the state before getting to practice a RIGHT ?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I disagree.

You cannot force someone to like, accept, or approve of someone else if they don't want to. That is antithetical to the rights of speech and personal freedom granted in the Constitution and is a blade that cuts both ways.

I am a straight White man who pays a lot of taxes, "rapes" the land for a living, and owns the kind of guns that scare the bejesus out of most liberals. Do you know how many leftists hate me simply for those reasons?

And I couldn't care less...

How do you think I'd be treated if I walked into some hippy pot shop in Seattle (about 40 minutes from my property) wearing my Breitbart "Border Wall Construction" t-shirt?

That's perfectly acceptable free speech under the First Amendment.

How do you think I'd be treated?

Guess what -- I would fully expect that I would be asked to leave that private property, and also believe that those hippies would be completely within their rights to do so.

I'm not an idiot. I know what's really going on with the Left. They hate Christians, and they hate people like me. In my case, they can't touch me, but they will never pass on an opportunity to terrorize -- and it is a form of "terrorism" -- any small business, church, or other entity they can when presented with the opportunity to do so.
edit on 3-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Liberalism is thievery.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So tell me O.

How do you feel about having to prove your innocence to the state before getting to practice a RIGHT ?

You mean like getting my license back after 5 speeding tickets? I had to take a driving test again. I can't drive 55!!!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I love how you throw in the bull#e about how they were born. Only hermaphrodites were born with gender confusion.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

have a very nice collection of long guns and pistols and I don't feel any discrimination.

You know damn well what I was talking about.

So I will ask it AGAIN.

For the sake of argument and we get to go after religious folks.

How bout we start making muslims get background checks before they get to pray.

Then create a mandatory waiting period before they get to.

Then when they finally get the government nod.

They can only pray one time a day.

Their prayers can only hold 5 words at a time.

Create a prayer rug TAX.

And then after every terrorist attack.

When ENHANCE that discrimination.

Reading me loud and clear now ?

Or just going to IGNORE an inconvenient TRUTH.
edit on 3-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: SBMcG

I'm a Canadian. Like the UK, the Canadian government is strict when it comes to hate-speech, and the populace is mostly left-wing. Despite the laws of my home country I am a proponent of unbridled free speech and thought.

I'm not religious either. But religious freedom allows me to not believe and act according to my own conscience as much as it does those who do believe.

In Canada, and I think in the US, systemic discrimination and racism takes the form of 'positive' discrimination. 'Negative' discrimination is in short supply. I think the Left requires the negative discrimination in order to justify their own race theories, identity politics, and systemic racism, which they have already codified into law.

Wow! Another excellent comment, and I couldn't agree more.

I have a cousin and her husband who live in Langley (BC) and visit them often (I live about 70 miles south of the border at Blaine, WA). My dad was from Ireland and half my family lives in Ireland and the UK -- that's why I assumed "Tory" = Brit.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Yes, give me freedom through authoritarian pandering to religion

FREEDOM!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

have a very nice collection of long guns and pistols and I don't feel any discrimination.

You know damn well what I was talking about.

So I will ask it AGAIN.

How bout we start making muslims get background checks before they get to pray...

They can only pray one time a day.

Their prayers can only hold 5 words at a time.

Create a prayer rug TAX.

LMMFLWAO!

Brilliant!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So tell me O.

I have never been contacted by fed, state or local officials about my firearm collection.

Or my stated religion as a Southern Baptist....backslider...sorry!! I can't speak for Muslims. I don't think I even know any....

You triggered bro?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No, it's not. This is the whole point of the conversation. For you it is clear as day. For other people, when you do not serve gays it is a form of discrimination. It's not about the person being served, not the person doing the discrimination. From your point of view, it's about the person being allowed to following their religious morals is NOT about discrimination from the point of view of the person doing the serving. So who is right? The person doing the serving? Or the person who is being served? I don't think it is clear cut either way. That is why this is a controversial subject.

This thread reminds me of the story some years back about evangelicals in the Air Force who were told by their commanders to go back to their rooms and witness for each other taking Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The father of some anti-Jesus Jew-bag was complaining that his son should not be forced to change his faith. The evangelicals were arguing not allowing them to be evangelicals was a violation of their religious freedoms. The court rule in the evangelicals favor and now all Air Force cadets must become born-again Christians.

"Evangelicalism Is the Official Religion of the Air Force Academy"

It is clear cut. The person being served can find the same services elsewhere.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Lol. Let them try. A dumb EO like this would get shut down by the courts quicker than his travel ban did.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Why is that? Why would you think the civil rights leaders shakers and movers would go back to discrimination? They wouldn't.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Who chooses which traditions can now be destroyed? Nancy Pelosi? Maxine Waters? Donald Trump? You? CNN polls?

Discrimination is a tradition?

Traditions are not law

edit on 5/3/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join