It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of The Biggest Scams of The Century - Bottled Water

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I buy the odd bottled water just to have a disposable container to put my tap water in. Tiny drop of lime juice and presto.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SanitySearchergo to army suplus they have these metal containers they are called canteens they hold a good amount of water and they metal so no plastic with chemicals leaking into your water making you grow breasts.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
yes it is a scam because you are paying extremely high prices for like one of the most common resources on the planet hell 2/3rds of the planet covered in the stuff. the scam is many fold . on one hand towns are charging people 40 odd dollars a month to pull 1200 gallons out of their own wells yet nestle can pay 300 dollars a year pull 600 million gallons out of theirs. its cheaper to use tap by far yes you might need a water filter or a brita pitcher but you aren't paying all that extra money associated with bottled here are some of the cost
1 cost of transport. anybody who had to carry a 5 gallon bucket of water will tell you water is heavy so when its bottled you got to pay for delivery truck , gas for truck, labor for moving water of truck , labor to stock it on shelves . then after you pay for it you got to pay for gas to carry it home. tap water moves through pipes by pumps so a lot less cost to move over miles compared to bottled.
2cost of bottles .bottles are made out of plastic which comes from oil how many more barrels of oil are used every year to just bottle water so if a 20 ounces cost lets say a 1.50 and it takes 5 of those bottles to make a gallon then for 300 dollars nestles made c5.4 billion dollars wow where can i get in on that action.

3 cost of storage it cost money to keep stuff in a warehouse its not free whereas tap water stored in pipes and in water towers for much cheaper prices for longer periods of time with no ill effects .

4 cost to environment how many of these bottles end up littered all over the place how many fill up trash dumps ? how long does it take for these bottles to breakdown? water pipes are way better for environment.

yes some places do need bottled water that is true but most of america no. the water industry tries to make you believe its better for you than tap but most of it is tap. so you are paying extra for same old water your were getting for pennies before.

remember what i said about nestles pumping 600 million gallons for only 300 doallars a year

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
part of my last post got chopped off .

remember when i said nestles was allowed by michigan to pump 600 million gallons of water out of lake michigan aquifer for only 300 dollars a year well that if it sold in stores as a 20 ounce bottle for 1.50 that equates to 5.4 billion dollars thats alot of profit being their main resource the water cost them only 300 bucks maybe half a million on bottles thats still a crap load of profit. mean while flint Michigan went for years with dirty water but why was that when so much water in the ground close by?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

By federal law, FDA regulations governing the safety and quality of bottled water must be at least as stringent as the EPA regulations that govern tap water. And, in some cases, the bottled water regulations are more stringent.

Here are the facts about the regulation of bottled water:

At the federal level, bottled water must comply with the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) (21 U.S.C. §§ 301 et seq.) and several parts of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations. Section 410 of FFDCA requires that Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) bottled water regulations be as stringent and as protective of the public health as the EPA’s tap water standards.

FDA has issued comprehensive bottled water Standards of Identity, which provide uniform requirements and definitions for the following bottled water classifications: drinking, artesian, groundwater, distilled, deionized, reverse osmosis, mineral, purified, sparkling, spring, and well water. (21 C.F.R. § 165.110 (a))

Standards of identity are the mandatory, federally set requirements that determine what a food product must contain to be marketed under a certain name in interstate commerce.

FDA has also established bottled water Standards of Quality for more than 90 substances. (21 C.F.R. § 165.110 (b)) Most FDA bottled water quality standards are the same as EPA's maximum contaminant levels (MCL) for tap water systems. The few differences are usually the results of the substance not being found in bottled water or the substance is regulated under another provision of law such as FDA's food additives program.

Regulation of bottled water is managed through the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, located in College Park, Maryland. Enforcement and inspections are coordinated through the FDA's state and regional field offices. Additionally, the health and safety departments of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, regulate the bottled water industry at the state level. In fact, regulatory oversight is such an important issue that during inspection and enforcement activities, state regulatory authorities act with the full federal legal authority of the FDA.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I have to disagree that it tastes no different to tap water, it depends where you live, I'm sure those in flint would disagree.
I've seen cloudy looking water in my time come out of taps.

Id say more important is the poison in our water...oddly fluoride was a banned poison then when that was overturned and the federal government voted to put it in the water (which doesn't work like they said it would...), just a couple months later the AMA announced its eight cups a day campaign, coincidentally about the perfect dose if you were running a cult and attempting brainwashing of your members. Well, that's what I have read although ATTENTION: I have not personally verified these claims as I would before saying anything about other topics but that's just because IMHO its unacceptable no matter what the details are. But Walgreens has a brand for sale now with all that removed as well as an awesome ten dollar cup (I think it was Walgreens) that you can fill with tap or bottled water and it cleans it right out like a brita and gives the same clean taste.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join