It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite knives...CUSTOM...carry rotation...I'll show you mine...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is my EDC. It is "lol" in comparison but it works and doesn't cost much.

Ontario RAT 1

Also, is this for real?!
www.amazon.com...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
This is my EDC. It is "lol" in comparison but it works and doesn't cost much.

Ontario RAT 1

Also, is this for real?!
www.amazon.com...

Ontario makes a great knife....I've had a few over the years.

And yep...Mad Dog Knives are some of the most sought after collectible knives you can find. The seller is an old dealer....Mad Dog doesn't make knives anymore as he had a major falling out with his business partners and wife I believe. They weren't always that high though...people are just capitalizing on the fact no new ones are coming out.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

just a plain old classic knife for me, sod buster jr. been carrying mine for 30 years, use it most everyday cutting wire, tape boxes, you name it. has never let me down and the blade is still in good shape. handle has some scratches, nicks and dull but i wouldn't give it up for anything.

bought one for my dad on his birthday when he was 46, liked it so much i got one for myself. i also have his now, it's in a lot better shape than mine looks new. he just carried it when he went some where. i also have his German Tree Brand, that was his work knife.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I have a Sod Buster and a Sod Buster, Jr.
I like the size of the Jr.... but the lack of a liner lock is less desirable.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

yea you got to be careful, it will fold back on ya. i also have a sod buster i bought a few years later that was to big in my pocket. it's in one of my junk drawers some where.

edit on 2-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

yea you got to be careful, it will fold back on ya. i also have a sod buster i bought a few years later that was to big in my pocket. it's in one of my junk drawers some where.

Yes. The big ones should come with a belt sheath. They are a bit large for a pocket.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

just a plain old classic knife for me, sod buster jr. been carrying mine for 30 years, use it most everyday cutting wire, tape boxes, you name it. has never let me down and the blade is still in good shape. handle has some scratches, nicks and dull but i wouldn't give it up for anything.

bought one for my dad on his birthday when he was 46, liked it so much i got one for myself. i also have his now, it's in a lot better shape than mine looks new. he just carried it when he went some where. i also have his German Tree Brand, that was his work knife.

That's a beauty....Case has been around forever and I am lucky enough to have inherited all of my grandfather's Case folders. Steel on them is easy to sharpen with a belt strop and some honing solution....learned how to when I was you from my grandfather...he used to keep his folding razors so sharp you could split a hair. I still mostly strop except when I'm out and then I carry a fine ceramic to touch up after use.

From being a sous chef a while back I learned that if I consistently touch up my edges I never have any issues.

Easiest way to do it I learned from Jim Burke...use a paper wheel on a mounted grinder....takes one quick slide on each side and the edges are crazy sharp again.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

that's image is just a stock one, mine doesn't look quite that good. now my dad's looks real close.

i use a double sided coarse and fine 240/800 whetstone with water when it gets real dull( actually all my knives in the house, others and chisels) and a honing /sharping steel for touching up, works great for me. my grandfather taught me.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Has anyone ever carried a Mercator Cat Knife?
I have had one for years. Locking blade, decent size and it is very slim to slip in a pocket.
Mine takes and holds a very fine edge.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: rexsblues

Love those treeman blades! Nice pics too. Your Reeve remix fed me I've been wanting to get a new Sebenza.

I've got a Sebenza, and as nice as they are, I'm not a fan of the concave bevel. Once the factory edge gets dull, the Sebenza is one of the toughest knives to sharpen. Can't do it with a whet stone, have to use one of the rod sharpeners.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: rexsblues

Love those treeman blades! Nice pics too. Your Reeve remix fed me I've been wanting to get a new Sebenza.

I've got a Sebenza, and as nice as they are, I'm not a fan of the concave bevel. Once the factory edge gets dull, the Sebenza is one of the toughest knives to sharpen. Can't do it with a whet stone, have to use one of the rod sharpeners.

Well if you ever tire of it let me know...i love taking those apart and glassing the action.

As far as sharpening...dont use a stone or rods on it...leather strop with honing solution works best.

Reeve actually does convex edges. They recommend the Spyderco sharpmaker for them, but I prefer a strop for convex edges.

If you have a few kni es in your rotation I highly recommend getting a mountable grinder with a paper and felt wheel...super quick to sharpen on them and it's less than $100 to get....
edit on 5/5/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My pocket dump/EDC....G36, 4/7 light and Burke custom folder.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm a fan of anything pointy and sharp.

Knives, daggers, 'hawks, swords, I'd love a big ol' battle axe...

My folder that I carry everywhere is a clip-point 3" made by milwaukee tool. Holds an edge like nobodies business, and snaps open with a flick of the wrist, and a push of the button. Paid 3 dollars for it at Home Depot...and it'll do everything I'll ever need it to do.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I did for years in Alaska, or one very much like it. Loved it. Used it on everything from strapping to salmon. Unfortunately, I have a very bad habit of losing knives. That one is sitting at the bottom of Bristol Bay...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having a custom Desert Eagle .50AE or even a nice Walter PPk with laser site.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
I wouldn't mind having a custom Desert Eagle .50AE or even a nice Walter PPk with laser site.

Well those are 2 very opposite ends of a spectrum...

Love the PPK...too many problems with DE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join