It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite knives...CUSTOM...carry rotation...I'll show you mine...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Primary

Backup

Nice....I'm a Glock 36 fan myself...cant get enough of their subcompacts...

My old carry was a 29...hence my love for 10mm....
edit on 5/2/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I carry an Ascendants Orb

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Have seriously contemplated moving up to a .45. Problem is ... I handle what I own so well I don't see the wisdom in change at this point.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Snarl
Primary

Backup

Nice....I'm a Glock 36 fan myself...cant get enough of their subcompacts...

My old carry was a 29...hence my love for 10mm....

I'd recommend Federal HST in the appropriate caliber. I have a G43 and use HST 124 gr +P. It is boisterous. I carry a Spyderco Byrd Hawkbill folder. Both the G43 and the Syderco are plain, relatively cheap and easily replaced. Blue Label G43 is about $360 and the Syderco is under $25. The HST is about $16-18 /50 rounds at police supply stores. I don't own safe queens; everybody has to work. Fixed blades are my Navy MK V diver's knife [the USMC KaBar with MK V on it] and a Glock field knife. Functional and easily replaceable.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I love the enduras. Nice size. Well balanced. Good for various grips. Just a well designed knife.

Kali does a lot of kerambit. but according to grand tuhon leo gaje (grand puba of pekiti) training kerambits are verbotin. He likens them to a terrorists weapon. But lots of kali guys still train with it.

Its interesting the differences between kali knife technique and the silat versions of the knife and how the malay and indos utilize it as opposed to the filipinos. Different strategies n everything for the same weapon and both very effective.
edit on 2-5-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
I carry an Ascendants Orb

I need one....

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I love the enduras. Nice size. Well balanced. Good for various grips. Just a well designed knife.

Kali does a lot of kerambit. but according to grand tuhon leo gaje (grand puba of pekiti) training kerambits are verbotin. He likens them to a terrorists weapon. But lots of kali guys still train with it.

Its interesting the differences between kali knife technique and the silat versions of the knife and how the malay and indos utilize it as opposed to the filipinos. Different strategies n everything for the same weapon and both very effective.

Way off and out there, but one thing I have always wanted to learn is to use an atlatl....just kinda think it would be cool really.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Way off and out there, but one thing I have always wanted to learn is to use an atlatl....just kinda think it would be cool really.

Visit the Meadowcroft Rock Shelter in SW PA [near a town called Avella] and you can try out their atlatl.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
That MadDog is pretty slick OP, I'd love to get my hands on a SEAL ATAK, though most of my $$$$ seems to go towards the older stuff.

Here's a few from my collection...

Randall - Model 5

Treeman - Skinner

Treeman - Fighter

2 Hawks - Woodsman

Chris Reeve - Pacific

Israeli Dustar - Arad

And finally the ones that do the dirty work...
Cold Steel - Master Hunter
Buck - Model 112

The latter two, I do carry, and they can shave the hairs off a fly.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

That hawk woodsman is a beautiful craftsmanship.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Nice knifes and guns everyone.

I used to collect knifes way back (mainly for fishing and hunting) now all I've got is kitchen knives lol.

Good thread OP

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Nice blades!

My EDC is always my Spyderco paramilitary II. I have so many knives but I always come back to this one. Spyderco makes great knives and I have used this one so often and it is still as good as new.

Custom knifes a great but there are a lot of very quality manufactures that you could trust your life with as well. Benchmade, Cold Steel, micro-tech, Spyderco, Almar just to name a few.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Love those treeman blades! Nice pics too. Your Reeve remix fed me I've been wanting to get a new Sebenza.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've always wanted a few knives I could sorta "put back" for my son, but I just don't have the money right now. I carry a Gerber Icon and have had it for several years. It's help up pretty well, but I think it may be about time to find a new one. I've heard some have had trouble with the linerlock not holding, but mine's done very well. I don't sink big bucks into knives because am hard on them. And I mean HARD
I expect them to hold up to everything I do and I ask quite a bit from them. Trimming tree branches, sharpen a pencil, pruning rose bushes, digging holes and slicing roots, opening boxes, cleaning game...You name it and I put a blade through it.
Amazingly enough, this little $30 knife has done it all and still holds an edge. My favorite has always been the Ignitor T, from Columbia River Knife and Tool. www.crkt.com...
TOUGH little knife, with a very fast assisted opening and what they call "Veff" serrations. Cuts thick rope like butter.
Think I'm gonna get me another.

ETA...Guess I should throw in that my EDC is a Glock 19 with 147 gr. Gold Dot...or HST.

edit on 2-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Nice blades!

My EDC is always my Spyderco paramilitary II. I have so many knives but I always come back to this one. Spyderco makes great knives and I have used this one so often and it is still as good as new.

Custom knifes a great but there are a lot of very quality manufactures that you could trust your life with as well. Benchmade, Cold Steel, micro-tech, Spyderco, Almar just to name a few.

Yeah...the main reason I have customs is because I know a lot of the knifemaket personally and like to support them when I can. Many actually design for the production companies, like Ken Onion, Kit Carson, Neil Blackwood, and Jim Burke....and can't leave out old Tom Mayo....
edit on 5/2/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Awesome! I carry a custom-made knife with me everyday for work purposes, and it's great!

I'll definitely keep this thread in my mind when it comes to getting more.

Thanks

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I've always wanted a few knives I could sorta "put back" for my son, but I just don't have the money right now. I carry a Gerber Icon and have had it for several years. It's help up pretty well, but I think it may be about time to find a new one. I've heard some have had trouble with the linerlock not holding, but mine's done very well. I don't sink big bucks into knives because am hard on them. And I mean HARD
I expect them to hold up to everything I do and I ask quite a bit from them. Trimming tree branches, sharpen a pencil, pruning rose bushes, digging holes and slicing roots, opening boxes, cleaning game...You name it and I put a blade through it.
Amazingly enough, this little $30 knife has done it all and still holds an edge. My favorite has always been the Ignitor T, from Columbia River Knife and Tool. www.crkt.com...
TOUGH little knife, with a very fast assisted opening and what they call "Veff" serrations. Cuts thick rope like butter.
Think I'm gonna get me another.

ETA...Guess I should throw in that my EDC is a Glock 19 with 147 gr. Gold Dot...or HST.

Love CRKT. Kit Carson designs a lot of their knives and I believe Gerry McGinnis does too...hes a young knifenaking prodigy of sorts.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My EDC knife is a CRKT Ripple designed by Ken Onion. Here is a link.
It has held up nicely for me for a number of years. Opens very quickly with one hand. Cleans up nicely, deer guts and what not.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I carry the pocket bushman, have for 7 or 8 years, great utility folder.

For fixed blade I have fallen in love with my Cold Steel SRK San Mai 3 Stainless

CCW Beretta px4 .40 sub, or Ruger LCRx .38 +p
Winter I pull out full frames lime Kimber

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
My EDC knife is a CRKT Ripple designed by Ken Onion. Here is a link.
It has held up nicely for me for a number of years. Opens very quickly with one hand. Cleans up nicely, deer guts and what not.

Great knife....the IKBS guys that dseigned the bearings for the pivot on those knives are really cool. Ken Onion has a really cool story too....he was in the hospital with a bad work injury when he came up with the Speed Safe assisted opener and Kershaw has put it in almost all of their folders. Super nice guy....his customs get up to around $8k+ typically, and sell out faster than you can sneeze. Beautiful work on his customs...

Ken Onion past knives

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join