It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Jesus Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Wouldn't that negate the very important need for faith?

I view that as a dishonest attempt to turn my faith around and use it against
my attempt to cater the GEN-POPs common request for evidence. The fact that
there is evidence and you refuse to acknowledge it, is proof that you aren't
being honest with yourself even. It's like you suffer from some delusion telling
you belief in God isn't cool? Man. have I got news, if you want to hear it?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Finspiracy

I would greatly appreciate if you would more specifically point out these facts of a resurrected christ.

The amount of text would be immense. But if you want to examine the
real truth and not just listen to the excuses of haters? Listen
here
and here.
Not all at once a little at a time. You should at least come away with
a better understanding of why some so called "Fairytales" are taken more
seriously than others.

No.

I can post a video of myself on youtube declaring that the flying spaghetti monster is the true savior of all living beings.

And by the way, i take Lord of the rings more seriously than the bible.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Then do your own research.
You're blind ignorance to the importance of this subject will
no doubt bring lamentations because you closed your mind to
a whole arena of reality you unscientifically judged not worthy.

One of the worst mistakes any scientist can make actually.
edit on Rpm43017v39201700000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Then do your own research.

On this subject we are talking about, i don't need to. I am absolutely assured that if a scientific proof of god and a resurrected christ is achieved, i would read on in every news feed, hear it from friends and family and on the cover of my local newspaper faster than i would have came into those conclusions.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Finspiracy because: those typos those typos

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

i don't need to.

Then I guess I made the right call not catering to your request for
mountains of time consuming text just so you can remain ignorant
anyway.
edit on Rpm43017v53201700000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollectSecretHistory
Why is the Lord Jesus Christ not the Son of God to you? Why do you think that the Bible is not the complete word of God. I am just looking for those that have a reason on these things and I am not going to be commenting back unless I really feel compelled too. I completely understand that Jesus is God and the Bible is the word of God but I want to know what comes to your mind as a reason if you do not believe so.

I try to be respectful to other people's beliefs as much as I can. I will answer your questions but please understand my answers are not meant to be insult to you. Insulting you is not my intention.

First before I start I just want to say belief in any religion cannot be based on "reason" as you indicated. People choose to believe in a religion based on faith. People do not choose to believe in a religion based on reason.

Second thing I want to say is the purpose of religion is to provide us a map for living a meaningful life. Religion is supposed to help us answer the four great existential questions. Who am I? Why am I here? What does it mean? What will happen to me when I die? So if your belief in Jesus helps you map out a meaningful life then good for you.

So let's begin. I do believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. But I believe what Jesus was teaching, which is probably left out of the words of the Bible, is that we are ALL the sons and daughters of God. Our parents and our parent's parents all the way back to Adam and Eve where ALL sons and daughters of God. Adam and Eve were created by God if you accept this creation mythology. I think part of what got Jesus crucified was he was suggested a more egalitarian view of spirituality. The sentiment of love thy enemy was based on the idea that every tribe of the earth are all sons and daughters of the same parents. Jesus was advocating we are all equal in the eyes of God. I do not think Jesus was saying he was the only son of God.

I think my biggest stumbling block preventing me from believing in Jesus the way you do is the use of the word "Lord". The word "Lord" has very strong negative connotative meanings for me. You cannot have a lord without have a group of slaves. The word lord and slaves are tied together. Lord implies aristocracy. It is not that I am not respect God. I just think an omnipotent God does not need us to be a slave. An omnipotent needs nothing from us. I would just assume an omnipotent God just exists to love us regardless of our earthly sins. My faith in God's love is stronger than my fear of what will happen to me if I do not treat God or Jesus as a "Lord".

The next question you ask is the Bible the word of God. I do not think the Bible is perfect. I think the Bible got slavery wrong and that's a pretty big one. I think there are many parts of the Bible that are inspiring to many people. I respect that. However, there are many religions in the world and many mythologies that are just as inspiring. So I think the Bible is great as long as you read it as religious metaphor not to be take as literal truth or out of the context of history in which it was written. I think the works of Joseph Campbell are very good in illuminating the shared traditions in all the world's religions and the importance of have some perspective when it comes to reading religious texts.

For many people, and I understand this, they idolize the words of the Bible. For many people, the words in the Bible are MORE than just words. The words of the Bible are God. People worship the words of the Bible. Each word is a little idol. To criticize the words in the Bible is to criticize God. This is difficult conversation. For me personally, the words of the Bible are just okay. I think the apostles themselves and the other authors were not God himself. The people who translated the words from the ancient coptic and Hebrew were not each God on earth. So it's hard to accept the words of the Bible as being perfect when so many imperfect people are involved in their creation. Again, I do not mean to be insulting if you exult the words of the Bible to the level of idol worship.

If you are willing to be open minded, there are several other religions where their prophet came from a virgin birth. It is very likely the story of Jesus was taken from other popular predating religions at the time. I say this not to take anything away from Jesus. I think studying these other mythologies will give anyone a deeper appreciation of Christianity. Again, I think it is important not to lose the purpose of religion. For many people in the religion business the purpose of religion is tithing. I think the teachings of Jesus were about getting us to have a more direct relation to God and not through the temple. I appreciate Jesus but I do not idol worship Jesus mythology.

edit on 30-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: noonebutme

Because I don't believe in God or religion as there is no evidence that a God exists or the divination of the person people say is Jesus. And even if God did exist, nothing is factual to imply Jesus is his son.

Totally biased and untrue, why not just hold your breath and
scream, I don't believe in the facts that indicate a resurrected Christ
cause I don't believe cause I don't want to believe even if it's the truth?

You haven't even once looked at the evidence with a scientific open
mind. Cause if you did? You'd be far more informed and wouldn't sound so
ignorant in light of scholarly evidence. And a tomb that is still empty even
today.

You have to understand that all objective evidence is determined to be so by a subjective judgment. What you consider to be valid evidence many people would not accept as valid evidence.

But evidence and reason when it comes to religion do not go well together. Is your faith so weak that you feel challenged by other people when they do not accept what you are saying as objective truth? If your faith is strong what does it matter what other people think.

I have found a strange condition with some evangelical Christians who have weak faith. For some people, unless other people believe exactly the way they do they are offended. It's when other people "accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior" that the strength of their own faith is restored. It's a really weird belief mechanism. I have seen people get pretty angry with other people who don't say the magic words.

edit on 30-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

But evidence and reason when it comes to religion do not go well together. Is your faith so weak that you feel challenged by other people when they do not accept what you are saying as objective truth? If your faith is strong what does it matter what other people think.

First you don't know me around like many others here. But I assure
you it isn't my faith that needs to be questioned at all. Further more
I argue against any and all disinformation, fallacies and out right lies
on ATS as per the call sign. You do know the call sign don't you? My
faith isn't even on the table.

I have found a strange condition with some evangelical Christians who have weak faith. For some people, unless other people believe exactly the way they do they are offended. It's when other people "accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior" that the strength of their own faith is restored. It's a really weird belief mechanism. I have seen people get pretty angry with other people who don't say the magic words.

You're way off so skip the crap. I don't give a bucket a piss what they
believe or where they go. I just can't abide a pack of lies abouit anything
on this site.
Cracks me up how these quacks demand empirical, scientifical, psychedelic
evidence. But then bach and jump ship when someone isn't onboard
with thier total ignorance of the facts.

There be not one scholar in the field that would deny Jesus Christ
was executed unless he suffers an obvious delusion. Some of these
quacks might even agree to that scholarly fact. Then on the turn
around revert to, but he never existed! I swear I've seen sh1t like
that before my good member. You get the worst of hypocrites here
and they're masters at call'n the kettle black. Besides,,, it's fun!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If Yeshua was an anointed blessed One (a Christ) then it would be an insult to call him lord.

Lording is for the fallen Ones. The corrupt. The builders of Power pyramids that parasite on their brothers and sisters instead of being their keeper. The wolfs in sheep skin.

Blessed Ones make the unknown known and removes mysteries. The opposite of what Abrahamic religions do.
edit on 30-4-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

If Yeshua was an anointed blessed One (a Christ) then it would be an insult to call him lord.

Then maybe we should call him Lord of lords? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Do you know what a cargo cult is?
Doesn't seem so
How s christianity a cargo cult in your opinion?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

An even bigger insult to a blessed One.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The Japanese have a saying the first person to raise his voice in argument loses.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

An even bigger insult to a blessed One.

Well I'm blessed every morning with a new day and it wouldn't insult me.
Besides, I don't see our insults in his direction as anything new to him.

edit on Rpm43017v26201700000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Lording is for the fallen Ones. The corrupt. The builders of Power pyramids that parasite on their brothers and sisters instead of being their keeper. The wolfs in sheep skin.

I agree with you. I think there's something really amiss with using the "lord" word and "lording" when it comes to Jesus. Evil is always where you least expect it. Having everyone in the world worship a single authority seems like something the other guy would want people to have as a religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

would want people to have as a religion.

IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGION!

God has no religion. How can you not have that clearly in mind?

I forgot you're japanese sorry!
edit on Rpm43017v39201700000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It seems like you think you know it all.

“Those who know don’t say, and those who say don’t know.” Lao-Tzu

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It seems like you think you know it all.

“Those who know don’t say, and those who say don’t know.” Lao-Tzu

Because I recognise crap immediately when I see it? Or because i
refute claims with evidence where lies about a lack of evidence
persist?

" Thou shout not judge lest you be judged "

All I know is Gods word is true and you're the one cherry picking your own religion.
Doesn't that implicate you as somekind of know it all? Even above God?

Men say a lot of stupid crap

I quote what God says. Sometimes Lincoln and Einstien.

i have one I have one!

Those who don't say, usually don't know.

randyvious astrocometus-
edit on Rpm43017v30201700000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes, you are an expert on crap.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

i don't need to.

Then I guess I made the right call not catering to your request for
mountains of time consuming text just so you can remain ignorant
anyway.
Are you letting pride and wrath keep you from sharing this evidence of the god you so desperately want everybody to believe in? You are a paradox.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join