It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Jesus Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why is the Lord Jesus Christ not the Son of God to you? Why do you think that the Bible is not the complete word of God. I am just looking for those that have a reason on these things and I am not going to be commenting back unless I really feel compelled too. I completely understand that Jesus is God and the Bible is the word of God but I want to know what comes to your mind as a reason if you do not believe so.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CollectSecretHistory

I just try to apply the concepts that all religions are right for the individual that chooses a religion to provide faith towards.

Religion provides many bliss', but can also promote divide. Therefore, I tend to examine all religions neutrally and allow for personal reflection to take over. It's by no means a measure to deny or disavow a religious sector, but more or less an avenue to expand on more possibilities in faith overall.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I Believe Jesus Is The Son Of God.
I Believe The Bible Is The Word Of God.
I Believe The Holy Roman Catholic Church, Too.

So... I Stay Away From Them.

They Will Only Be Reliant On My Complete Ignorance Of The Three. This You Must Fathom... A S A P !!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I dont believe the bible is the complete word of God, because too many important books were left out. Like the Book of Enoch. There are several books quoted by bible authors that are not in the bible as well. Also, when I examined the works of Paul I was flabbergasted by his education and connection to the Greek Gods. A study should be made of the Myths of Mithras and how they relate to the story of Jesus. I do believe Jesus was the son of God. But, then again I think we all are.

The works of Robert Eisenman are really eye opening especially the Book "James the brother of Jesus." Eisenman is responsible for getting the Dead Sea Scrolls published and his teachings on the Historical Jesus and James is very fascinating.

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-4-2017 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The bible is a book written by men, for men. It has been changed many times though the centuries to meet the needs of the times. It is not a word of god just because it says so. But if someone finds some comfort or joy from it, i see no harm done.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey, here's my crappy opinion. The council of Nicaea in 325 ad took up this question on behalf of the orthodox christians of Alexandrea Egypt, as one of the first schisms in the church was is Christianity monotheistic or polytheistic. By saying the father, the son and the Holy Ghost, one implies entities, thus polytheistic. So, it was decided on that council called together by Constantine that it was hereby decreed that god is god, the son is god and the Holy Spirit is god. There you go, don't even get started on Catholicism and saints and the worshipping of said saints and graven images. The perverted rhetoric that everyone calls Christianity now was polluted by the hands of man for control since inception. Jesus died a Jew. He did not aspire to do anything except Reform Judaism. We're the ones who made Jesus representative of Christianity. As I said, my crappy opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Jesus was the son of Joseph. The Bible is the word of man. While we are on this earth we do what we think is best to survive, when we are off this earth we will have to answer for what we have done.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

i'm pretty sure every discoveries they have made over the years like dead sea scrolls pretty much proved it hasn't changed as you say.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollectSecretHistory
Why is the Lord Jesus Christ not the Son of God to you?

Because I don't believe in God or religion as there is no evidence that a God exists or the divination of the person people say is Jesus. And even if God did exist, nothing is factual to imply Jesus is his son.

Why do you think that the Bible is not the complete word of God.

Because it is written by uneducated, scared, fear-driven people, at a time when thunder and lightening, earthquakes and volcanoes were acts of Gods. And you chose the Bible and Christianity because....why? There were plenty of religions before Christianity and plenty after. What makes yours any more valid than those before or after?

I completely understand that Jesus is God and the Bible is the word of God but I want to know what comes to your mind as a reason if you do not believe so.

As I said, it was written by people who didn't understand the world around them. They never knew about bacteria and disease which caused people to die. Or why the sun would 'black out' during certain times of the year. And the from what I understand, the Bible was written hundreds of years after the death of 'Jesus'. How accurate is that? People cannot even recount their personal tales to their friends after a night out without embellishment. How can you possibly assume stories, written by, let's be frank, complete idiots, 200+ years after someone died are anywhere near accurate?

Also, why would I want to live subservient to a genocidal maniac who delights in watching mankind struggle and die for 100,000 years through their evolution, only to step in 2000 years ago to try and 'explain' reality to a bunch of moronic mammals by sending 'his son' to them, to die for their sins in order be be forgiven? Pretty sick being.

Why would your God design a universe which is mostly death and destruction, cold and harsh, unforgiving and unfair, create us to be ill and sick, lumped us with hormones and emotions, only to command us to be well and happy??

I don't believe in any of your statements because it's illogical, irrational and nothing like the rest of the observable universe. I also think it's just bollocks, but I thought I should give at least somewhat of a coherent explanation before that.[
edit on 30-4-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollectSecretHistory
Why is the Lord Jesus Christ not the Son of God to you? Why do you think that the Bible is not the complete word of God.

Because they are myths made up by men with no objective reality. The real mystery here is why people in this day and age believe this stuff so easily. Christianity is just another Cargo Cult.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Maybe true...unless others believe their books and prophets and "gods" are the right ones...and that you are wrong.

The only absolute...single answer...is everyone else has a right to think you and your book is wrong. Right?

Doesnt matter what you think...they think the same about theirs...and they have that right...just like you do.

MS
Christian
edit on 30-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Jesus was created he was one of the first of our heavenly brothers. He prayed to his Father why would he pray to himself?

Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.” (Colossians 1:15)

He was here not to do his own will

38 for I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

Matthew 4:1-11
Jesus was tested by Satan how could Satan "test the creator of everything?
How could Satan offer "God" all of his own power in the earth?

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Why would Jesus say this to himself if HE were God?
Matthew 38

39Going a little farther, He fell face down and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Father.

The Son.

The Holy Ghost.

The Super Ego.

The Ego.

The ID.

Ego=Jesus son of the father,GOD.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Maybe true...unless others believe their books and prophets and "gods" are the right ones...and that you are wrong.

The only absolute...single answer...is everyone else has a right to think you and your book is wrong. Right?

Doesnt matter what you think...they think the same about theirs...and they have that right...just like you do.

MS
Christian

I was just going to reply with a similar answer.

The worst thing that can be added to a religion/belief system
is the need or requirement to force it on others or use it as
a baseline to judge others that believe differently.

Just my opinion of course.
What the hell do I know.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Because I don't believe in God or religion as there is no evidence that a God exists or the divination of the person people say is Jesus. And even if God did exist, nothing is factual to imply Jesus is his son.

Totally biased and untrue, why not just hold your breath and
scream, I don't believe in the facts that indicate a resurrected Christ
cause I don't believe cause I don't want to believe even if it's the truth?

You haven't even once looked at the evidence with a scientific open
mind. Cause if you did? You'd be far more informed and wouldn't sound so
ignorant in light of scholarly evidence. And a tomb that is still empty even
today.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

There are many problems with the claims of christianity. First and for most is the problem with inconsistancies between the different interpretations of the books that were chosen at whim to be A representation of the religion. In short, there is no one true version of christianity. Some groups believe jesus was the son of god, some groups believe he is god, some groups believe he is both. All of these opinions are supported with different texts which all belong to the bible. Then you have catholisism, king james version, islam, and of course Judaism which is where all of this got started. You can literally watch the progression of earlier religions that were pre mosaic, pre jesus, what was yaweh doing while people were inventing gods to worship previous to him?

I don't believe that jesus, if he was even a real person, was divine in any way. I don't believe in any gods for the same reason you don't believe in zeus and medusa, Odin, Thor, Mithra, jupiter, ganesh, etc, etc, because they are fantastical stories that have been exagerated for thousands of years that tell of impossible stories. Not just improbable but impossible. Walking on water, staffs into snakes, water into wine, thousands of dead people waking up and walking the streets, talking snakes, talking donkeys, talking shrubs, virgin births, giants, demons, witches, ghosts, magic, heaven, hell. I think a much more logical question is why would you believe any of this is possible? but you don't believe in Odin or zeus and centaurs? They have the exact same amount of evidence for their existence and they are just as implausible. Fantastic stories.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

today.

I would greatly appreciate if you would more specifically point out these facts of a resurrected christ.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Totally biased and untrue,

Of course it's biased -- it's my opinion, based on the evidence that exists. ie - none. What part of that wasn't clear?

why not just hold your breath and

What 'facts' are those? Name them, with their supporting observable evidence.

today.

Such as what, Randyvs? What is that 'scientific' evidence you speak of? please list it so I might enlighten myself.
edit on 30-4-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

today.
Alright then, i have looked at lots of stuff with an open mind and none of the things presented to me met the standard to be considered acceptable. where is your evidence that jesus resurected himself? Why would you even say that there was some? Wouldn't that negate the very important need for faith?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I would greatly appreciate if you would more specifically point out these facts of a resurrected christ.

The amount of text would be immense. But if you want to examine the
real truth and not just listen to the excuses of haters? Listen
here
and here.
Not all at once a little at a time. You should at least come away with
a better understanding of why some so called "Fairytales" are taken more
seriously than others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join