It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the True Islam…???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We often see reports in the media of human rights atrocities being committed in Middle Eastern countries. Ranging from, underage marriage of young girls, too threats of execution for woman refusing to wear a hijab, and many others…

And yet, when we listen to the views from Islamic apologists in the west, we invariably hear them state that…”The Quran does not teach those things”…i.e. “no woman is forced to wear a hijab according to the Quran”…and “The Quran does not teach that men can marry under age girls”…and “the violence in the Quran, has to be taken into context”…etc...

These types of discussions tend to go back and forth without any real resolution to them. And when crunch comes to crunch…the argument/debate tends to reach a stalemate, with the following typical statement…i.e. “The Quran needs to be read in Arabic, to be understood correctly…” (facepalm)

This seems to be a common reoccurring theme, when two opposing camps are debating these types of topics.

And on top of all that, there’s the whole…“hadith, or not hadith”…dilemma…which Muslims still debate amongst themselves today…

Is this some kind of deliberate “circular conspiracy”…because the average Joe in the street, just wants to know what the True Islam is…

Thoughts…?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

It gets really entertaining, when you realize that Islam and Judaism is the same thing, just one key difference, Jewish people have mass hallucinations, and Muhammad liked to trip alone.

-True story-

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Much like the millenia old debate on which is the true Chistianity...this one will never be answered. In my opinion because these archaic texts have too many obvious holes from a modern perspective.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
True Islam is a political ideology masking as a cult.

That was easy.

Any more questions?

-Chris

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Ah, yes, the psychedelic origin of Christianity..

But Islam of today, is just another campaign.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

We often see reports in the media of human rights atrocities being committed in Middle Eastern countries.

You mean like NATO bombing campaigns that lay waste to whole nations, that kind of 'atrocity'?

Or is this a spousal abuse and women rights issue? Because all countries have that problem. Fail to see how that connects with any particular religion, most religions abhor that kind of behavior.

…because the average Joe in the street, just wants to know what the True Islam is…

I see by your signature that you aren't that average 'joeish'. More like average 'Christianish'? More atrocities have been perped by that religion on the world than any other.

edit on 29-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I am pretty much the average Joe in the street and I could care less. I leave them alone, and they better leave me alone..............thats all I care about. They can do whatever they like between themselves. Mess with me and they will pay the price.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Can You Say Islam Hates Women?

Do I as a Woman have the right to be pissed off in my own country?

F'ck Yeah!

If anyone says otherwise, they are a Denier, and an asshole. And they may as well be spitting upon my fathers grave who came here to make my life better and free from assholes!

So to all those who think I don't count because i have a clitoris, SCREW YOU!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

In early Islam, rich women were more equal than the aristocratic women of the German Empire in the late 19th century.

Also some Muslims in the Middle Ages believed there are Seven Earths each with humans on them. Having such beliefs in Europe will get you silenced by the Vatican around the same time.

Basically Islam was once a religion that have good ideas until it slowly corrupts from within.

edit on 4/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Folks that compare, out of defensiveness, Islam with other religions from the same geographic area often forget that Islam is really one mans idea.

Unknown to folks who have never in depth looked at Islam and other religions from the area is really just how different Islam is than the others. But the counter claim is such suckers bait for the uneducated.

I sat an listened to a well known Muslim teacher, western and not really from the old country, as it were, explain himself what the difference is between Islam and the other major religion from the area was. And their is really nothing in the main "pillars" of the Islamic religion that are compatible with the other.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Oh My I mean, where did that come from?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: BlueJacket

Ah, yes, the psychedelic origin of Christianity..

This is an idea that came out of the overeducated acid eating college professors around the globe that really don't understand what they are looking at and worship Timothy Leary as the next level thinker of the day.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Much like the millenia old debate on which is the true Chistianity...this one will never be answered. In my opinion because these archaic texts have too many obvious holes from a modern perspective.

Well that debate can be boiled down to institutionalized central control vs freelance.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, Quran teaches to beat your wife until she obeys. So there's that.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Well, Quran teaches to beat your wife until she obeys. So there's that.

Good Luck with that.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Quran 4:34

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

corpus.quran.com...

Hit them until they obey you.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Id say theres much more to be distilled than that when comparing the multitude of Christian faiths...but I dont want to derail.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

True, BUT, when researching the most primitive forms of worship, that more recent religions, like Christianity sprouted from, one absolutely can not dismiss the fact, that lots of bright colors and parties were heavily involved.

edit- One of the earliest examples of fossilized (SNIP) were found in a cave in Peru, dating 8600BC.
edit on 29-4-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

The bear worshiping cult of the neanderthal is a fascinating system, still alive today.
edit on 29-4-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I deal daily with the extreme differences in Muslim and Moslem traditions and communication in my job. Bad as we see things...its our interpretation of so-"atrocities" when many of them feel the same about our ways. I've really got to hold my tongue and feelings just to go to work each day. Those I can speak with (safely)...Ive asked about these things, and many feel they are atrocious practices as well (so they say.)

We've had arrests for genital mutilation this week here in MIchigan...so obviously some still believe such things are still fine-both the Doctor performing it, and the parents who brought their daughters to have it performed. (PS: Dr. is in jail right now).

But, just as many feel they arent atrocities...and ours are. Sad, but true...'suppose thats just like differences in religions...as nice as they speak to me up-front? I believe they are speaking the opposite between themselves when they know I cant understand them..

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
We often see reports in the media of human rights atrocities being committed in Middle Eastern countries. Ranging from, underage marriage of young girls, too threats of execution for woman refusing to wear a hijab, and many others…

And yet, when we listen to the views from Islamic apologists in the west, we invariably hear them state that…”The Quran does not teach those things”…i.e. “no woman is forced to wear a hijab according to the Quran”…and “The Quran does not teach that men can marry under age girls”…and “the violence in the Quran, has to be taken into context”…etc...

These types of discussions tend to go back and forth without any real resolution to them. And when crunch comes to crunch…the argument/debate tends to reach a stalemate, with the following typical statement…i.e. “The Quran needs to be read in Arabic, to be understood correctly…” (facepalm)

This seems to be a common reoccurring theme, when two opposing camps are debating these types of topics.

And on top of all that, there’s the whole…“hadith, or not hadith”…dilemma…which Muslims still debate amongst themselves today…

Is this some kind of deliberate “circular conspiracy”…because the average Joe in the street, just wants to know what the True Islam is…

Thoughts…?

Obviously, there is no true Islam, because religion is is ridiculous....

I bet ATLEAST Half the people you consider "apologists" are atheists pointing out the hypocracy of someone blasting another cultures holy book , when the Bible says the exact same things....

If you want to make that argument about all of the big 3 religions , I bet strangely you wouldn't have many "Muslim apologists" in the mix..it would be all Christian apologists..

If you want to blast the various factions of Islam who choose to latch onto the violent texts, since they out number the Christians who do the same PRESENTLY. That's fair...

But blasting the religion as a whole if your a christian is mildly mentally disabled.

Your every point fits Christianity as well..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join