It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the True Islam…???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I bet ATLEAST Half the people you consider "apologists" are atheists pointing out the hypocracy of someone blasting another cultures holy book , when the Bible says the exact same things....

Maybe you are right. Can you show me where Christians are supposed to beat their wives until they obey?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You don't want to know

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
From my point of view:

All three Abrahamic religions are a deviation from the golden rule using duality divide and conquering techniques when you look at the wording creating power pyramids system where parasitic priest brainwash the public by faith instead of spiritual awareness.

In the end all these illogical faiths become an abomination if they are not reformed and always criticized too keep their power base as low as possible. Just look at the Catholic crusades, Islamic genocide of the Buddhist and Hindus in India and the current Zionist (facist) hold over Israel.

Never listen to the illogical and almost totally third eye blind about the golden path. If they know what they where talking about the would not have been able to stand the hypocrisy in the texts.

At least there is some reformers. To bad there is so few "real moderates".

edit on 29-4-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Logarock

Id say theres much more to be distilled than that when comparing the multitude of Christian faiths...but I dont want to derail.

Granted but still most "in faith" conflict in Christainty are not sect vs sect but Central (ROME) vs sect. Islam is the two central powers fighting for top dog based on blood lines vs the rest and most of that fighting is even localized and really tribal.

Now expand that look into Islam vs Christian conflict of the armed sort. Have to go to Africa for most of that. Why? Most of Islamic conflict with others these days is again along tribal lines and even where it not is Islam vs Culture. Even other muslim "cultures".

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Hah!
/ steps back slowly from the nice lady..."you have a nice mam"

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

The "ZIONIST" hold over Israle, just for the sake of your interpretation, has been nothing like these others you mention.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is this a good time to bring up the sumerian tablets for the explanation of all religions?

Another poster countered one of my view points a month ago alluding to theories of Z Sitchin. I have been shoving myself down that rabbit hole ever since.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You just described pretty much all religions not just Islam. Christianity has its foot in the door in American politics and has had it there for a while now so... same same.

I agree with your definition though. It's a way to group people together into camps much like with politics and carry on with the dividing and conquering. Politics and religion go hand in hand, one being spiritual division and the other being earthly division, both being controlled by the same people.
edit on 4/29/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lots and Lots of folks have their foot in those doors and its all legal.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Sitchin is a hack.
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Is this a good time to bring up the sumerian tablets for the explanation of all religions?

Another poster countered one of my view points a month ago alluding to theories of Z Sitchin. I have been shoving myself down that rabbit hole ever since.

No. LOL but start another thread! There have been a good number on that. But really the only religions in my thinking that can be well drawn out of the Euphrates Delta are the old empire religions....Babylonian, Egyptian, Indian, China, Maya, Aztec ect.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I agree but the Constitution says that church and state should be separate, that means any collusion of the two is illegal. We have Christianity (whom 41 of 44 presidents have been members of) influencing American policy far more than any other religion or ideology.

It's hard to separate one's religious beliefs and political beliefs but the point is Christianity has had the most influence on American politics than anything else. What picture has that influence drawn? One of constant war and political bribery.

Not trying to derail just giving a little context.

Islam is a political "party" disguised as spiritual salvation.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What it says is that the state would not support an official religious position or a State Church like England. Says nothing about exclusion from anything as an independent cultural or political force. Even protects the church and press under the 1st amendment as voices against state/for people. Its way more complicated than it first appears.

The church in this country, religion if you will even, is actually having its constitutional rights violated when it was given an internal revenue status and its nature was defined for tax purposes. Our country is currently in denial of that like it was about the rights of slaves and american Indians.

edit on 29-4-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with you, there's nothing illegal about being Christian (which is great!) but my main point is that America's foreign policy has been influenced by it regardless of whether it's legal or illegal. We have been involved in almost every major world conflict since WW1 if not earlier. Why is Christianity (a religion of peace) waging so much war around the world through its members' foreign policy?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

A beaten woman will strike back until her spirit is broken.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Reading from the texts is often a pointless excercise. Most laypeople can only cite a few versus of their adhering script.

Watch you do is.
Look at the average person of said religion, observe customs, norms.
Look at nation filled with these average people, Laws are made with these average people in mind, what they like, what they will tolerate, and what will make them revolt.

"Ya but they are so Poor that is why they are crap in that part of the world"
Ok lets do this.
We will try out Communism/Venus project in real time, if we give them everything they need to succeed it will work. Bring migrants in, House them, feed them, money them, train them in various ways including proper dating conduct. See what happens. Looks at Europe 2017 hmmmm

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I bet ATLEAST Half the people you consider "apologists" are atheists pointing out the hypocracy of someone blasting another cultures holy book , when the Bible says the exact same things....

Maybe you are right. Can you show me where Christians are supposed to beat their wives until they obey?

"And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow." [Deuteronomy 25:11-12]

Here is one spot.. there are plenty more , both new and Old Testament..

That said your average Christian 51+% and your average Muslim 51+% just cherry pick what they want..which most of the time is all the movie dovie stuff.

Even though the Old Testament is rejected by most Christians.. that is just one interpretation..

There have been dozens of changes in biblical politics.. most as Christianity transferred to governing .

The romans had countless arguments over weather "thou shall nor kill counted if your nation told you too.

It's way easier to follow rules when your the opposition party, but way harder not to lie , cheat and kill if your the one in charge.

edit on 29-4-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

"And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow." [Deuteronomy 25:11-12]

Here is one spot.. there are more...

Awesome, you did not show me the Bible instructing a husband to beat his wife until she obeys. You showed me a woman who attacks a man who is NOT her husband's genitals should be punished by having her hands cut off.

Now, how about you show me what I asked, the Bible saying a man should beat his wife until she obeys him.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Here is one spot.. there are more...

Awesome, you did not show me the Bible instructing a husband to beat his wife until she obeys. You showed me a woman who attacks a man who is NOT her husband's genitals should be punished by having her hands cut off.

Now, how about you show me what I asked, the Bible saying a man should beat his wife until she obeys him.

Re read it..

It says if 2 men are fighting, and ones wife grabs the groin of the other man, in an attempt to help her husband . Then the husband should cut the hands off his own wife and feel no sorrow for it.

Basically saying that if your wife touches another mans privates, even in a totally legit way. You still cut her hands off, likely because it would dishonor the husband some how..

It literally doesn't get more domestic violence than that..

Hell it makes the guys who smack around their wives for not "shutting up" look down right benevolent...

The Bible has a laundry list of times it tells you to be violent..

"Though should not suffer a witch to live"
Was referring to the old lady selling herbs and prophecy .. not the wicked with of the west..

Assuming your a Christian who actually believes it. You should prob read the whole thing before you assume it's not filled with violent texts...they just don't include them in Sunday school.

edit on 29-4-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It says exactly what I said it does. It deals with a woman intentionally attacking a man's genitals, which can prevent him from having children.

Now, show me the Bible saying a man should beat his wife until she obeys him. You seem unable to do so.
edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join