It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a prayer almost instantly answered?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: rickymouse
If you ask the authors, and you need something, they will arrange it so you can get what you need when you need it. If you have no faith in a higher being that is creating this, then they will not help you.

The authors are not the creators of this reality, they just oversee it and can actually control how things play out. I should not be here, I have experienced things that went against science's information about innertia. There were other forces at play counteracting what happened on a few occasions in my life. You may call them angels, I call them authors because they can change the script and our history by altering things in the past. Time means nothing to them. It is not a glitch in the matrix.

That's a cool way to look at it. The "Authors". I should be dead as well. I've escaped from car accidents and other things where I should have been instantly killed, but somehow I came out without a scratch.

Ditto. I should have been dead at least twenty times by now. Other versions of me likely are in the multiverse.

That's funny you would say that. I always had a thought that maybe we don't die. Maybe at the moment of death we just shift into another timeline where we didn't die at the moment.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Isn't it nice that god answered your prayer about your iPod but seems unwilling to answer the millions of desperate pleas from mothers about their drying innocent children.

What a lovely deity you worship.

Sickening.

And the arrogance people like you display. Believing you were singled out by god and not the billions who are more in need.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

In this very thread there's people who believe God answered their prayers about their children.

Maybe you'd like to actually read the thread before responding.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't pray but rather ask for help from loved ones passed and more. I believe in guardians. They have helped me in times where I may not have made it, and other times have given help, without asking but know I am in need, with more simple life dilemmas.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

In this very thread there's people who believe God answered their prayers about their children.

And what about the millions of kids who died from horrible diseases or malnutrition because god didn't answer their parents prayers?

You missed my point entirely. Bravo

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

And what about the millions of kids who died from horrible diseases or malnutrition because god didn't answer their parents prayers?

How do you know God didn't help these people when they needed it? Because they died?

All of us die. Me, you, everyone reading this. That's a given. Its about what happens before then. All of our time is different.

When I say God I'm not talking about any particular deity, or religion. God to me is an energy and force that's all around us, inside of us, and in everything around us. It is us.

That's what I believe. You may believe different, and that's completely fine. I understand your issue with the bad things that happen to good people, and I don't have an answer why they do. I don't think anyone does.

You seem to think that if God were real this would be a perfect world where nothing bad happened to anyone. Why do you think that?
edit on 29-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The only answer you should expect is: YOURE WELCOME

And you aren't owed that.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
oh joy - another regurgitation of " first world prayers "

i am trueley touched that " gawd " intervened to get you your IPOD back

meanwhile in the real world :

required synopsis :

recording of the commander of " german wings " flight 9525 pleading with his 2IC to open the cockpit door - seconds before the aircraft was flown deliberatly into a mountain side - killing all on board

for gods sake open the door

^ the commanders exact words

144 people died - and your alledged god did nothing - but hey - you got your IPOD back - so everything is ok

its crap like this that makes me wonder : could i beat a man to death with his own ipod ?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

144 people died - and your alledged god did nothing - but hey - you got your IPOD back - so everything is ok

its crap like this that makes me wonder : could i beat a man to death with his own ipod ?

I personally love to see the anger from atheist as they sit upon their self-righteous pedestal stating things like "could I beat a man to death with his own iPod" and I just couldn't think of such a miserable and sorry existence as that. Sorry you feel so much pain and anger within that you can't see that this was meant to happen for whatever reason it was, that no matter how much you pray when you jump off a cliff, God wont change his laws of physics (they are HIS LAWS) and science that you will go splat at the bottom.

This is no different, he can't stop the first officer from doing his evil deed, as that again would violate his own laws once again, giving us free will. Just like he can't force you to see and love him as that would violate your free will to be a hateful and cruel person, actually preying upon this tragedy to make everyone feel bad about asking for what they need in the moment from the Lord. That's just a sorry attempt at a power play. You just sound bitter.

Also the whole "first world problems" thing is truly getting old, once again that's nothing but a power play to make people feel bad for something they shouldn't feel bad for. God can literally hear every prayer at once, he is everything and answers them at his desire, not ours. That's what you seem to be missing, we aren't the ones in charge, he is, so he makes the rules. Maybe if you tried talking to him you would realize you're not alone.
edit on 29-4-2017 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

And what is it you are doing for the mothers of dying Children? Or Dying Children period?

If you have read the prayers posted here of how God answers you would see one common thread.

God uses people like you top answer the prayers of fellowman.

What prayers has God used you to answer?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Once again what have you done to help starving people?

God uses people and if you are not being used you have no right to bad mouth God.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Get you on Cathology. I grew up Catholic but I really don't attend Mass. But, I do pray to St. Jude the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. He always helps me out...and St. Anthony has also "returned" some things that I have lost. The Saints are very comforting and lighting a candle never hurts either.

I give to St. Jude's Hospital as often as possible. The last thing parents need when their babies are ill is to have to worry about money.

The Hospital can always use any spare change. *hint hint*

Thank you St. Jude for blessings received!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Once again what have you done to help starving people?

God uses people and if you are not being used you have no right to bad mouth God.

What does that have to do with anything. We are talking Bout your vile god,not me.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

See you place yourself above God with that very sentence. It's like you think you're somehow above it all or something...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My stepdad who I loved a whole lot. Was dying of cancer. He was bed ridden and was hallucinating, because of the drugs and the cancer. He was in a lot pain. The morphine they where giving him did not stop the pain. The last time I saw him he was just almost a skeleton. But he was hanging on to life. I was still on active duty in the Coast Guard. I was TAD to a town not far from him. One of the nights I was there I got down on my knees an prayed to GOD to take him home. This was around 10PM. At 5AM I got a knock on the door to my motel room door. It was the local police patrol. They verified who I was. They told me my step dad had just passed away. They knew where I was because I had told my mom where I would be in case something happened. So when they police told me my step dad had passed away I knew the good Lord had answered my prayer, just as I prayed he would. It just took 7 hrs from 10pm to 5AM.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007

I personally love to see the anger from atheist as they sit upon their self-righteous pedestal stating things like "could I beat a man to death with his own iPod" and I just couldn't think of such a miserable and sorry existence as that. Sorry you feel so much pain and anger within that you can't see that this was meant to happen for whatever reason it was, that no matter how much you pray when you jump off a cliff, God wont change his laws of physics (they are HIS LAWS) and science that you will go splat at the bottom.

This is no different, he can't stop the first officer from doing his evil deed, as that again would violate his own laws once again, giving us free will. Just like he can't force you to see and love him as that would violate your free will to be a hateful and cruel person, actually preying upon this tragedy to make everyone feel bad about asking for what they need in the moment from the Lord. That's just a sorry attempt at a power play. You just sound bitter.

Also the whole "first world problems" thing is truly getting old, once again that's nothing but a power play to make people feel bad for something they shouldn't feel bad for. God can literally hear every prayer at once, he is everything and answers them at his desire, not ours. That's what you seem to be missing, we aren't the ones in charge, he is, so he makes the rules. Maybe if you tried talking to him you would realize you're not alone.

I am at peace,I love my job, my wife and my life. I see the beauty in nature and the universe and marvel at science.

I do not need an imaginary loathsome, petty, vengeful, sick, twisted god to be happy.

I'm sorry for YOU, that you can't imagine a life without worshipping a deity.

But hey, your God found the Ops iPod! Hooray! I mean, I do wonder how many kids died painfully today..bit who cares right? IPod!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

How do you know God didn't help these people when they needed it? Because they died?

All of us die. Me, you, everyone reading this. That's a given. Its about what happens before then. All of our time is different.

When I say God I'm not talking about any particular deity, or religion. God to me is an energy and force that's all around us, inside of us, and in everything around us. It is us.

That's what I believe. You may believe different, and that's completely fine. I understand your issue with the bad things that happen to good people, and I don't have an answer why they do. I don't think anyone does.

You seem to think that if God were real this would be a perfect world where nothing bad happened to anyone. Why do you think that?

Not perfect but then maybe, just maybe a god would create a world where infants don't get cancer. Or maybe he could create a world without worms that burrow into kids eyeballs.

I kbow we all due. But a toddler shouldn't really.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

And what is it you are doing for the mothers of dying Children? Or Dying Children period?

If you have read the prayers posted here of how God answers you would see one common thread.

God uses people like you top answer the prayers of fellowman.

What prayers has God used you to answer?

EXACTLY

We simply have to act. It is up to us to make the changes. We have free will. If we truly wanted it to stop, we would have acted and asked for help in that task. But... Some of the people think that it's God's fault because he's not undoing what we ourselves, people of free will, are doing to others by our own choice.

If we stop them, then it's our will against theirs. If God stops them, then free will isn't real.

It's ok... ^^^these^^^ people don't understand that because this is not the truth they're searching for. It's always about someone else stopping it instead of a people of this earth not doing a damn thing to stop it. We are weak divided but together we are strong and can accomplish anything. If it's for good, we will be rewarded... if it's for bad... remember the tower of babel. Metaphor or not, it means the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This world isn't supposed to be Heaven, don't you see? God did create a world where all those things don't happen, it's called the Kingdom of Heaven. That's the just reward for going through the trials, tribulations, toils, and troubles of this planet. This is a lower plain of existence. A short test typically lasting no more than 100 years, so that you have forever in peace, harmony and love.

You say you were in the military. I know very well how the military works. When you're at the bottom, you don't get much privilege because everything is a test. Once you get through those first weeks, months, and years, they give you more do they not? You could relate it to the same thing here. Once you prove you're not going to break trust and EARN it, you're given a just reward for your sacrifice and efforts.

What you don't see is you've already been there, you came here as part of the deal, it's to test who you are on the inside. Can you love God when you cannot so easily feel his presence? Are you able to maintain faith through adversity, challenges and against the odds. Can you avoid the trappings of the flesh and overcome it to reach a higher place? That's why we are here. It was never meant to be a place without suffering, in fact just the opposite, a place to test your mettle and see who you really are.

Believe, know in your heart that He loves you, wants to provide for you, even if that means finding your lost iPod. We all must go somehow, if that's getting cancer at the age of two, God forbid then that was the way it was supposed to be. It's going to be hard, there are things that are going to make you sad, things that are going to hurt, and most importantly things that aren't going to go our way, but our reward for suffering through this life, is one where it is in perfection thereafter. It is real, the answer is so simple, let me part with one more statement.

Next time you're out there appreciating nature, I want you to look at it all and REALLY take it in. Notice the birds, the trees, the way the wind blows across them, the lakes, the streams, and the flowers. I want you to ask yourself this: "If all of this can exist in all it's beauty, why on Earth would God and Heaven not?"

I think you see how simple it really is and how grand. God Bless you, whether you like it or not.
edit on 29-4-2017 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

what utter bollox

firstly - please stop projecting your fantasies onto me - its a reprehensible trait

next - you " free will " argument is utterly insane

what happened to cpt Sondenheimers " free will " he REALLY wanted that door open

but hey - " gawd " wast listening to him - was he

as for " gawd cant stop it " - the simple answer is :

if he CANNOT stop it - he is impotent - and not fit to be worshiped as " gawd "

if he WILL NOT stop it - then he is a sadistic despot - who is not fit to be worshiped as " gawd "

lastly the " first world problems " is a real thing - and if you cannot see the utter inanity of praying for ipods - while people die in thier thousands - then you are the problem

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join