It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a prayer almost instantly answered?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin
Only when I wanted something 'bad' for me, e.g. 'unlicensed pharmaceuticals', hard liquor, et cetera.
Zero cherries popped. (Too late now! Never was anyone's 'special one', anyway! |-((( )
Zero children fathered. (Clocks are ticking down!)
Zero lotto jackpots.
Believe what you will, some of us are simply 'marked as undeserving' by 'Universe' or whatever FROM BIRTH!

As long as you believe that way.... Maybe it's you keeping you in that rut. Lack of faith in anything could be reason.

This comes to mind.....

"Because you have so little faith." .... "For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed...."

This is what I mean. Loosing hope is very painful but when you loose your faith with it, you have nothing left. It only takes a small amount of faith to have your prayers... your needs answered.

If one would say "I had faith by I lost it when ### didn't come". That could go different ways. Maybe there was a reason things didn't go that way for a lesson's sake. Maybe you asked for wisdom and the only way you obtain that wisdom is through trials. Same for knowledge or what have you. Or maybe you had already decided in your mind/heart that it wouldn't happen (challenging heaven so to speak) and that amounts to no faith.

It only takes a little... Then that little builds up into a lot when you acknowledge what is taking place instead of casting it aside believing it a coincidence. Always be aware from where it came and try your best not to forget... it gets better and better. But... It'll never leave you stranded and always remember.... Be careful for what you ask for. You just might get it but not in the way you expect.

For example... When money is really tight and you need help and you ask for help, you may not win the lotto but you might get overtime at work. I've found that everything always plays out right when it's supposed to. It's been proven to me time and again, screaming the obvious. My prayers to God have never let me down. I may have been discouraged and let myself down by what I was asking for, but God has always come through for me 100% of the time. Just not always in the way I expected it to play out, but it does play out in other ways. Sometimes your blessing or the answer to your prayers don't manifest in the same image you imagined but they do come in a world of flavors that have the same affect.

Praying for greed... heh... yeah, you just might get that too and you wont like it one bit.

I always believed I was cursed in some areas and a lot of times I question it heatedly. As soon as I do, In my heart I feel selfish because obvious answers come back and then I argue that too... but more answers, more struggles more arguments more challenges... But then it plays out. It's almost like "You want this? Here is a reason why you dont. Oh, you still do? Here's another reason. You think you have it bad... what about this... Ok, fine. But I told you so".

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

a reply to: WeLovePutin

Done it. MANY YEARS WASTED WAITING LIKE SOME BIBLICAL FIGURE WITHOUT THE EXTREME LONGEVITY! NOT A GOD, SO CANNOT AFFORD TO WAIT FOREVER!

See... That there is your issue. Think about what you're saying. Imagine someone else saying it. You're so adamant against it, why would anything work for you? You're too focused on the bad in life. Throw that off right now. Who cares about billionaires or what good someone else has. Those things are there to frustrate you and make you loose sight and hope and faith. Focus on YOU and the benefit of others. ...not what someone else has that you want because you feel more deserving. You can't know what you deserve because you're not the person in charge of judgment. The world is bigger than you. This doesn't mean you don't get what you ask for but you don't ask for it because you feel that someone deserves it less than you do. There are a thousand examples and ways I can tell you what is wrong about how you're thinking about it all.

It's when you realize that there is a power much bigger than you, when you acknowledge it and accept it and accept just how small you are, that it is given to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
yes, saint anthony helps me constantly.
i love being catholik.

let me explain, i speak to the universe in the catholik language. different religions are just different ways to speak to the creator of the universe.

i assume saint anthony is some kind of lieutenant for the creator, because for sure he hooks me up.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Maybe you deliberately are 'tuning out' what you do not wish to read, but I have had faith years on end and time is not getting any longer. These are NOT 'biblical' times when everyone lives for hundreds of years. Time grows shorter and shorter, whether one notes its passage or not. Sooner or later, one has to say, 'WTF? Where have all the years gone? What do I do now that I'm 'too old' for those things I faithfully waited for which have yet to arrive?' 'Biblical' style 'miracles' like 'having a new body', 'having a new life' could never REALLY happen, because one tragically forgets one's former self in the 'transition'. Bad thing? Yes! All that life, time, experience, caring, all just to hit 'RESET'! NO, THANK YOU!

edit on 4/28/2017 by WAstateMosin because: word

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
yes, saint anthony helps me constantly.
i love being catholik.

let me explain, i speak to the universe in the catholik language. different religions are just different ways to speak to the creator of the universe.

i assume saint anthony is some kind of lieutenant for the creator, because for sure he hooks me up.

My grandmother would always say that you are supposed to pray to St Anthony when you loose something and he will make sure you get it back.

I always did

I also always and to this day, believed that when she prayed for me, the prayers always worked. When she died, I felt like my own prayers wouldn't work anymore and everything seemed to go to pot right away, like everything I gained before was ripped away all at once. It took a few hand full of years to get myself back to where I could stand up straight. Not sure why. I don't believe it was because she died. Maybe it was because I BELIEVED it was because she died that I had no way to redemption anymore when all the while it was within me. Maybe somehow I just stopped believing and didn't realize it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Maybe you deliberately are 'tuning out' what you do not wish to read, but I have had faith years on end and time is not getting any longer. These are NOT 'biblical' times when everyone lives for hundreds of years. Time grows shorter and shorter, whether one notes its passage or not. Sooner or later, one has to say, 'WTF? Where have all the years gone? What do I do now that I'm 'too old' for those things I faithfully waited for which have yet to arrive?' 'Biblical' style 'miracles' like 'having a new body', 'having a new life' could never REALLY happen, because one tragically forgets one's former self in the 'transition'. Bad thing? Yes! All that life, time, experience, caring, all just to hit 'RESET'! NO, THANK YOU!

Then you've made up your mind. Nothing I more I can say

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

I hear you (in "my way" as best I can). As a 20 something me, I remember being SO ANGRY, for so long, for so much abuse and pain and struggle and the way the bad people kept getting things so easily it seemed, living comfortably ... while the crap kept rolling my way ... when all I wanted was a "sign" - I smashed a chair while looking to the ceiling screaming to "THAT, IT, IS, Holy Spirit" - with a passion and RAGE I never knew lived inside of me. I broke my favorite painting of Christ in set street on garbage day.
I went to my professor of religious studies (a basic core class requirement) the next day and asked "Now I will be punished even more is that right? Have I made things worse?" Prof said to me, "Holy Spirit only cares that you are thinking about It/He/She and that you want it. It doesn't matter what you say. It matters what you yearn."
I eventually came to surrender and yearn for what I wanted/needed (that was easy) - fighting became too hard. Life never got easy for me, I just got stronger and kept loving - I couldn't help it. I just love - even when I don't want to.
I hear that in you too. You are strong.
I don't mean to make you angry or in the LEAST disrespect or minimize your feelings or experience. I hear you still yearning.
edit on 28-4-2017 by ElleMacho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElleMacho

Only thing is, I have never been physically violent or threatening, I would either be friendly with people and help them out, or I would ignore them if they decided that was to be the case. I have always tried to be considerate of others, particularly face to face. I'm not some 'down in the gutter fallen angel' doing only bad, or any bad, and expecting good. That would be hypocrisy, which would not be logical. Cannot relate to violence as a result of frustration, as I never felt the need (except as previously mentioned).
edit on 4/28/2017 by WAstateMosin because: edit

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This has been my experience and my husband's, too. God has almost always come through for us so long as we trust Him.

It's like I explained to a friend: We do everything we can on our own and let Him open the doors we can't take care of. But, sometimes, He opens a window ... or even a manhole cover. But He always makes sure there is a way and that it always works out so long as we put our trust and faith in Him.

So far, even with some big challenges to overcome, we have always made it through, and we have always come out better than we went in, but we've also never lost our trust that He was there with us through it all and would help see us through.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I was leaving Lowe's the other day, and I always get $40.00 cash back off the debit card. Stuck it haphazardly in the top of my purse. When I was in the parking lot, fiddling around in my purse for my keys, a gust of wind came, and blew my receipt and the two twenties out of my purse. Away they went down the parking lot.
I wondered instantly "I wonder if God has someone targeted he wants to have that money, doing one of his Robin Hood numbers'.

So of course I didn't chase after it. I thought in Bob Dylan's words "my loss will be your gain'. Anytime I think He uses me for something, I am enormously pleased.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I was leaving Lowe's the other day, and I always get $40.00 cash back off the debit card. Stuck it haphazardly in the top of my purse. When I was in the parking lot, fiddling around in my purse for my keys, a gust of wind came, and blew my receipt and the two twenties out of my purse. Away they went down the parking lot.
I wondered instantly "I wonder if God has someone targeted he wants to have that money, doing one of his Robin Hood numbers'.

So of course I didn't chase after it. I thought in Bob Dylan's words "my loss will be your gain'. Anytime I think He uses me for something, I am enormously pleased.

It flew all the way over to me, i wish lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Have you ever had a prayer almost instantly answered?

Once, and only once: I was in class in seventh grade and suddenly had the biggest and most painful intestinal pain I had had (needed to take a # really really badly). Knowing how much I hated public restrooms (being a kid), I prayed for it go away, and it almost immediately did.

I had prayed for many things before and after, and none ever were answered, except that one.

True Story.

Now, I no longer pray. And I'm no longer religious.
edit on 28-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Once I fell in love with a beautiful exotic Asian woman. She didn't love me however. I prayed for her to love me and we established a relationship.

I barely made it out of that cluster**** alive and I have the scars to prove it.

Be careful what you pray for....you might just get it. I know it's a cliche but so true!!!
edit on 28-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

But do you still love her?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Years and years ago I had to walk home from work. I am not the type to ask the boss for a ride. Kinda stupid thinking back. A good 20 miles on a nice Michigan winter night.

After walking almost an hour I spoke to god but did not ask for a ride. I thanked him for providing me a ride home. I # you not, 2 cars pulled over. I got in one and he took me right to my house.

True story

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I served int he Mission field for 15 years. Many occasions prayers were answered quickly.

One day my wife told us that this was the last meal. It was 10:45AM. I said well then let's pray for God to supply because we had no money to buy any food. We prayed for about 50 minutes. Then the phone rang. One of our friends was calling to tell us they were sending Rice, bananas, Fresh fish, Squid and shrimp. They just sent it off and it would arrive at around 230PM by Shuttle. I calculated that they must have bought and prepared the Items for us at about the same time we started praying.

God knows what we have need of even before we ask and I believe it may have been so with the answering of that prayer.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You will get no argument from me there. Someone is most definitely listening. I just don't pray to anything...you know, like in a certain format or whatever. I just speak to them with respect, but I don't deify them because they're not gods. They hate that anyway.😉

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: rickymouse
If you ask the authors, and you need something, they will arrange it so you can get what you need when you need it. If you have no faith in a higher being that is creating this, then they will not help you.

The authors are not the creators of this reality, they just oversee it and can actually control how things play out. I should not be here, I have experienced things that went against science's information about innertia. There were other forces at play counteracting what happened on a few occasions in my life. You may call them angels, I call them authors because they can change the script and our history by altering things in the past. Time means nothing to them. It is not a glitch in the matrix.

That's a cool way to look at it. The "Authors". I should be dead as well. I've escaped from car accidents and other things where I should have been instantly killed, but somehow I came out without a scratch.

Ditto. I should have been dead at least twenty times by now. Other versions of me likely are in the multiverse.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Just look at what you have created here. This is the best thread...I'm really enjoying reading all of these replies. This is a beautiful thing! You should be applauded for this. I just wanted to thank you for such a lovely thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Thank you!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join