It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists in Norway presents photographic evidence of the Hessdalen Phenomenon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Yes, I am :-)

I am very interested to see what might come out of this presentation with regards to further study and other scientists taking an interest.

According to the scientists who held the presentation, there was some interest and some new contacts being made.

This is how we should approach something we don't understand. Not pretending it does not exist, but go after it with a dogged persistence. And a proper methology.

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Old but very good documentary. You can hear the omg excitement in the students voices when witness the lights (theres a classic hessdalen photo of it aswell, with spectral filter) it looks like a meteor but iirc it was just a single light moving incredibly fast

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't understand people who wont just accept such phenomenon. Piezoelectric atmospheric activity during earthquakes and other geological disruptions are well documented and follow known principles of magnetism / movement / conductive material etc....

Add that to what we don't fully understand but we know exist, like gravitational waves, and I would only be surprised if no such phenomenon existed.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

Thank you for the post :-)

I think there is much we don't understand about this phenomenon. I guess we might discover something exciting if we just keep at it, even if it is just something perfectly natural.

There are persistent reports.of these kind of lights many places in the world, and nobody wants to touch it because it is so controversial.

And I don't understand why, to be honest. Lights appear to form, move around and then disappear and nobody understands why. What is so threatening about that? It just shows there might be something we don't understand yet. Is that so difficult to accept?

I always wonder how we, on an insignificant blue speck, in a remote corner of a galaxy in such a vast universe, can sit here pretending we have everything figured out. And in a mere few hundred years of scientific study.

I find it utterly amazing.

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

Yes, that's right.
There is no need to reject something because we don't understand it.
And, on the other side of the coin, there is no need calling it supernatural either. That's just another kind of rejection, really.
Clearly, if it exist, it is part of nature.

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

It's speed I believe is one of the clues to its origins......... as not many things can move that fast without resistance. If the phenomenon appeared above some kind of tectonic pressure, it could make it look like it is moving freely in a 3 dimensional space, ( like a hologram ).

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It would also explain some of the reports of it floating out of the ground.

Side note: I know during the Christchurch Earthquakes lights were seen by thousands of people. No-one even gave it a second thought or followed it up.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I hear you. I work in two different fields of development, in separate industries ( the D in R & D ) The amount of "experts" that get put out by inventions or innovations always amuses me.

I always explain it to people like this...... Imagine if you spent your entire life mapping every single star the naked eye can see. You are known globally for your achievement ..... then some a-hole invents a telescope.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

Imagine if you spent your entire life mapping every single star the naked eye can see. You are known globally for your achievement ..... then some a-hole invents a telescope.

That's just brilliant.... :-)

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Great thread mate and there's some quite freaky testimony from residents about cigar, saucer and conical shaped objects (some said to have specific features like two vertical lights) in this vid - Erling Strand also presented his 30 years of research at the 2014 CAIPAN UFO/UAP workshop and there's more info about it here.

One of my fave pics of Doc Hynek was when he was at Hessdalen which he describes as a 'UFO laboratory' and one of the best sites in the world for UFO research - he also mentions in the vid below that whatever the truth about UFO origin turns out to be, it's 'terribly important'.

Cheers!
edit on 27-4-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
wow, i knew ats has been getting worse in its descent towards a constant partisan political slapfest, but the hostility in this thread is remarkable.

the hessdalen lights have been a fascinating mystery for a very long time, and finally getting the scientific attention they deserve - and having that attention confirm that there IS a phenomenon worth studying - is something to get very excited about. who knows what we could learn from this?

but no, ats skeptic brigade here to hate on absolutely everything that isn't right there in their own dingy basement, as always. kinda surprised no one has said it's a bird yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thank you for that contribution.

The backstory here is quite remarkable, and it is to be hoped we can shed the stigma soon.

Lovely shots of Hynek too :-)

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I am all in favour of critical thinking and evaluation of evidence, but as you point out, it has to be evaluation not just rejection without even considering what is presented.

What is going on in Hessdalen, and elsewhere, is truly remarkable, and I am puzzled that we should feel so intimidated by it.

Had the claim been "Alien presence in Hessdalen confirmed by photo", I would happily accept that something had gone wrong witht the science being conducted, but they are not claiming it is anything spesific. Just that it is there, and that it so far remains unexplainable.

The theories being examined has more to do with physics, chemistry and geology than anything even remotely alien, but that is not the point. The point it that they are trying to find out, and finally getting some funding and acceptance.

I cannot see what should scare us so much about that.

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Nice to see some actual UAP science happening.

Imagine if ufologists approached UFOs that way, looked for sites with recurring activity and monitored them.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Old but very good documentary. You can hear the omg excitement in the students voices when witness the lights (theres a classic hessdalen photo of it aswell, with spectral filter) it looks like a meteor but iirc it was just a single light moving incredibly fast

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
This is how we should approach something we don't understand. Not pretending it does not exist, but go after it with a dogged persistence. And a proper methology.

BT

I think that there are a number of factors at work which have been preventing substantial interest in researching the phenomenon, money and the resources that they bring being the primary one, which combined with the limited expertise of those who are studying it, has prevented their findings from attracting the attention that it deserves. They have appeared at the same conference before and presented their findings, they are, fortunately for those of us who are interested in this, determined. Their dogged persistence as you rightly put it, will pay off, because they have repeatedly proven that there is something happening there, that it can be measured and recorded, now what needs to happen is for other areas of expertise to get involved, and what they should be waking up to, if they take the time to read the papers that the Hessdalen Project have put together and the data that they have accumulated, is that something potentially very exciting is happening in Hessdalen, and that the glory of new discovery lies in that valley.

At the very least, microbiologists, given discoveries in recent years, should be paying close attention. I think that they need to attract the attention of biologists and molecular chemists if they are going to start building upon their findings to any substantial degree, at the moment their too confined by their limitations and the approach that that has confined them to take.

Research funding though does not grow on trees and cannot be plucked out of thin air, hence why I think they have tried to promote the "free energy" potential before, as well as courted the Ufologists, there is plenty of money swishing around to exploit those quarters, but it doesn't seem to have helped all that much. You can't blame them, it's understandable, but in doing so, I think it obscures, intentionally or otherwise, other ways in which the lights could be studied that might reveal what role, if any, they are playing in the overall system. To assess that, you need the input of the natural sciences and it frustrates me that they are so slow in getting suitably enthused. It's only a matter of time, but as long as we remain in the dark about what is causing the lights, we run the danger of whatever it is causing them to cease doing so. And, as others have pointed out, they, or something very like them, has made appearances elsewhere. If I was any kind of biologist or chemist, I'd been raising my eyebrow quizically and thinking, "By jove, that could very well be something-somethingy bio-semiotic..." Sadly I'm not and I have no idea what it could be, but it is jolly interesting.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I think it is very sad that this phenomenon has been left to languish for so long. Relegated to be the domain of "rubbishing by tabloid newspapers", as one distinguished gentleman once put it, so that anyone now that seeks to address it within a serious framework are almost automatically tainted by association. But I am ever more hopeful we can get back on track in the near future, much thanks to people who go after the evidence and not the general consensus. They may be rare, but they are out there.

If I was any kind of biologist or chemist, I'd been raising my eyebrow quizically and thinking, "By jove, that could very well be something-somethingy bio-semiotic..." Sadly I'm not and I have no idea what it could be, but it is jolly interesting.

Oh, how I wish now that you had indeed gone into Biology or Chemistry :-)

BT
edit on 27-4-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
So what causes it and why does it appear.
What significance does it play in our evolutionary stage?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

Now that is interesting and I can offer another story, involving my mum when she was a teen. During a thunderstorm, an orb entered the room, literally went around the room and singed everything it came into contact with, it then left out of the same window.
I always thought it was some sort of ball lightning, but the plasma orb was definitively present.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Really good thread and interesting. The only gripe I have is, why not explain in one sentence what the Hessdalen phenomenon is in the OP?
I [am ashamed to say] that I had never heard of it and I am well into these kind of things. I actually had to Google it.
Why not include a link or write an outline in the OP.
Apart from that I have to read more about this before having an opinion. The cases are definitively real and it is interesting to find out what they are.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join