It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists in Norway presents photographic evidence of the Hessdalen Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: BullwinkleKicksButt

I don't think they would sit on a photo for close to two years and then drag it to a Geosciences Conference in Vienna if it was a lens flare. Sorry.

agreed.that'd be a sure sudden death. a very public sudden death.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well, that is the claim. And if you compare it with the preceding and consecutive frames I guess it would stand out, if it was real. I am betting they have done that, although I haven't seen the other photos personally - yet.

I don't think they would sit on a photo for close to two years and then drag it to a Geosciences Conference in Vienna if it was a lens flare. Sorry.

BT

The number of overzealous individuals in the field of science is not insignificant.
All we have here is mostly heresay with little evidence to back up their claims.

Somewhat interesting but not very convincing.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BullwinkleKicksButt

Well, that is the claim. And if you compare it with the preceding and consecutive frames I guess it would stand out, if it was real. I am betting they have done that, although I haven't seen the other photos personally - yet.

BT

The number of overzealous individuals in the field of science is not insignificant.
All we have here is mostly heresay with little evidence to back up their claims.

Theres 30+ years of evidence to back up there claims, this 1 photo is speical because it was taken so close to the phenomenon. There are hundreds of photos, lots of videos and enough whitness reports to keep you reading untill your old.and grey. This also.isnt the first photo taken with the spectral filter attached, but as i said above it is the closest the camera has been to the phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You are, of course, entitled to your reservations.

But I find myself wondering what it might take to convince you-

What we have here is a whole load of both images and video of the phenomenon, with additional readings from various instruments (speed, spectography and so on), painstakingly collected in about 30 years of patient fieldwork and presented to a scientific audience in a not insignificant forum.

Your definition of heresay is certainly pretty unorthodox.

BT

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I don't think there's any controversy as to the phenomena just maybe unnecessarily exotic explanations. Whatever it is, it's pretty damn cool. Thanks for the update.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't think there's any controversy as to the phenomena just maybe unnecessarily exotic explanations. Whatever it is, it's pretty damn cool. Thanks for the update.

Not from anyone thats seriously studying the phenomenon, they are trying to discover what the cause is. The general consensus is that its a natural phenomenon

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So, that light ball is not the moon. Cool, they got a picture of it that is verified legitamate. Others have gotten pictures but they are not verified as real. This proves they are real. www.youtube.com...

It appears some here think it is the moon.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, there is no attached explanation to what it is exactly they are documenting, and certainly not suggested that there is an alien connection.

The exciting thing, for me anyhow, is that this springs from an actual scientific study into the UAP in Hessdalen, which is somewhat incredible in itself.

And, we have (as yet) no explanation for how lights like these can suddenly appear and move around at great speed, and then disappear again.

I read they are hoping, based on their findings to date, to get more scientists interested in the phenomenon in Hessdalen and other places - and get to the bottom of it.

I don't particularly care what it might turn out to be - be it plasmas or some other natural phenomenon - but to refuse to even touch a subject because of stigma is unscientific in my eyes.

So they are a brave lot, especially going international and public like this.

BT
edit on 26-4-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2017 by beetee because: Typos

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

originally posted by: BullwinkleKicksButt

BT

Theres 30+ years of evidence to back up there claims, this 1 photo is speical because it was taken so close to the phenomenon. There are hundreds of photos, lots of videos and enough whitness reports to keep you reading untill your old.and grey. This also.isnt the first photo taken with the spectral filter attached, but as i said above it is the closest the camera has been to the phenomenon.

You're making assumptions here.
The evidence provided in this specific case is not very convincing.

edit on 26-4-2017 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It looks like a light pillar. "Rainbowfied" in maybe Photoshop or with a fancy pants lens filter, but...it looks like...a light pillar.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Fantastic news!! Now just wait for the congress approve further investigation.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That could be something similar to the Iridium flashes that occur near sunset.

i.ytimg.com...

There is probably flashy stuff in orbit that could not be looked up.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well all the skeptics can just dissolve quietly away on this one, because there is no question regarding the validity of these lights. I have an anecdote to tell!, a story my great grandmother told me.

My great grandfather was standing outside, not long after a thunderstorm and he witnessed this phenomena, which he called “will-o'-the-wisp”. It was common knowledge then, not to keep your windows open during a storm because for some strange reason, these lights would enter your house and if they did you must immediately open a door for it to leave, if the ball came in touch with anything it would dissipate with a loud explosive sound and can scorch its surroundings.

The phenomena later became known as ball lightning and that sort of put the question to bed in my mind. It isn’t hard to imagine this phenomena could occur without the presence of a storm, if the atmosphere is electrically charged for some natural reason.

will-o'-the-wisp, were said to occur over swampy or marshy land which make me wonder if it is some kind of chemical reaction between methane and electrical charges.

There is another explanation that isn’t quite so mundane but it does provide a possible answer to the commonly asked question WTF?

It all comes back to the real mystery of course. Is the plasma ball a physical or metaphysical phenomena? They float, they speed up, they seem almost intelligently controlled.

In my view they are a key to attaining a much deeper understanding of our multidimensional existence. I like to play with the idea that these lights are entities pushing through into the physical dimension in places on earth where atmospheric conditions create a weakening of the “veil” between this world and the next. portal is a term most people would use to visualise my point.

In order to understand this phenomena, is interesting to reference what ancient knowledge has to say about the nature of reality.

Beyond being a place where we all go to when our physical body becomes unfit for purpose, the next dimension is also teaming with flora and fauna, of which we have very little knowledge of (apart from perhaps the Voynich manuscript).

It is said, that there are, as many varieties of animals in the next dimension as in this physical plane. There is NO space between this world and the next, hauntings, poltergeist, in fact everything that we refer to as paranormal is perfectly natural.

Watching NASA live feeds you can see countless entities pulsing around the station,Some appear to have purpose, others just seem to graze slowly. these creatures don’t just live in the twilite zone, they are all around us all the time, mostly we are completely unaware, I just think their luminosity becomes more apparent under certain atmospheric conditions.

I just love it when science is stumped over something like this, it’s exciting to think that maybe one day, due to studying these events, it will become common knowledge that consciousness is eternal and that we live in a sea of life of which we are completely unaware except for these rare occasions.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

This is ATS....

"Photo or it didn't happen", oh there is a photo "it's lens flare, its a balloon, it's out of focus", oh it's taken by scientists?? "it's still lens flare because scientists don't understand lens flare", Oh it's been published??

Meanwhile in another thread "scientific evidence in peer reviewed journals is the only evidence we accept"

I think ATS has been swamped with poorly programmed mindless drones that just regurgitate whatever they have been programmed to say. I often wonder how much thought really happens here.

Nice OP by the way, excuse the rant but geez I am tired of the same smug responses from invertebrates.

edit on 26-4-2017 by Charlyboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
it's lens flare... Nothing more nothing less!

If you don't know how to recognise it it's not my fault!

edit on 26-4-2017 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
on some other thread a guy is claiming there are plasma creatures living in the atmosphere. maybe this is related to that?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
on some other thread a guy is claiming there are plasma creatures living in the atmosphere. maybe this is related to that?

Please, just no.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Prove it. Did you bother to read anything about this op? Do any research or have any understanding of this phenomenon? How these scientists who study it came to this conclusion?

Shut up

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

lol..

Well, I thought (foolishly) that this phenomenon being seriously discussed at a major scientific congress in Europe, with the presentation of a photo and analysis, would excite the people who often call for evidence. Not so, apparently.

It has certainly bugged me that scienctists has refused to engage with it, no matter what it might turn out to be. Now that the topic is getting more traction, we should be mildly interested at least.

They have been given a grant at Hessdalen (last year) to finance more studies, a new radar installation and new cameras.

So, there will probably and hopefully be more lens flares in the near future.

BT

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Thank you, OP for the posting! I've also followed this for years; perhaps you are familiar with this documentary?

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join