It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do vape shop staff always look so damn ill?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That sounds like your lungs were finally able to catch up after quitting smoking.

The a pretty common side effect after quitting.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
I live life on my own damn terms.

No, you live your life based on the terms of an addiction

I'm not interested in living forever. Quality, not quantity.

Quality:
bad breath
burned smelly clothes
have to stand outside at restaurants
unwelcomed in movie theaters
poor cadio health / poor lover
expensive
lung cancer
emphysema
low value of any object resellability
ash tray mouth
high blood pressure
ashes everywhere
early aging of skin / wrinkles
Skin/lung/various cancers
strokes and heart attacks at a young age

yes, tell me more about the high quality standards you got..but hey, you look joe camel cool, amirite

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

A friend's daughter runs a vap shop and has worked in one before for several years. Just recently, after having her own shop open for about two years, she was hospitalized for a type of pneumonia. --Rather rare for a healthy woman in her early 50s. I guessed at the time it was from vaping but she claims the doctor didn't blame it as the cause, but given that her livelihood is tied to the substance, I know that she would lie.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I live life on my own damn terms.

No, you live your life based on the terms of an addiction

I'm not interested in living forever. Quality, not quantity.

Quality:
bad breath
burned smelly clothes
have to stand outside at restaurants
unwelcomed in movie theaters
poor cadio health / poor lover
expensive
lung cancer
emphysema
low value of any object resellability
ash tray mouth
high blood pressure
ashes everywhere
early aging of skin / wrinkles
Skin/lung/various cancers
strokes and heart attacks at a young age

yes, tell me more about the high quality standards you got..but hey, you look joe camel cool, amirite

Nice, pathetic swipe at freedom. I don't smoke cigars because it's cool. I smoke them because there's some damn good tobacco out there including pipe, which I also enjoy.

And, frankly, my pipe smells one hell of a lot better than quite a few people I run into in public.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Nice, pathetic swipe at freedom.

You have all the freedom in the world to smoke...just not in public places.

I drink as a vice, you smoke
Both have intake and release chemicals.
Mine is in the form of urine, yours is smoke.
I urinate in a toilet, your smoke goes on me.
I guess you can smoke in a restaurant and other public places the day I can pee on you in public without a issue. deal?

Muh freedom..if I cant pee on you, its basically communism!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: constant_thought

"Vape" is still smoke, an irritant. Nicotine, a drug.

Of course they look ill.

Vape is not smoke, combustion never occurs .

Conversely, vapour is much more pure. Since nothing is burned, there are no such toxic products being created
source

No doubt the toxins and god knows what else they put into ecigs and the like are really bad, but smoking is far more harmful than vaping a plant for example.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thankyou I have been corrected by multitudes of vapers. They swear by their addiction like I used to.

That addiction being nicotine...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've noticed something similar. Here's my opinion.

A TON of the folks that opened a vape shop aren't exactly upstanding folks. Not always true, but in my experience around Seattle it's pretty true. The shop I go to has a great owner, the guy is awesome, he doesn't have that burnout look.

Almost all the other shops I've been to (with the exception of a corporate one) have burnout owners. They vaped, wanted to make a quick buck, are trashy AF, don't know how to go from douchebag to businessman, continue old habits.

I went to one shop the other day and GUARANTEE that the three people behind the counter were on meth. Sores, meth mouth (the constant weird moving, still had their teeth), bizarre tics, too amped up, overly chatty.

I don't think it has anything to do with being exposed to the stuff in e-juice, I think it's typically that vape shop owners are a little ghetto, they hire friends and ghetto people, and that lifestyle of drinking, doing drugs etc. makes people look like #.

It's basically the perfect business or job for a burnout. Think of a vape shop like a strip club. The owner probably isn't going to be great, and the owner is going to hire people that don't exactly have a lot going for them. People that don't have a lot going for them typically have poor diets and habits. When you have a bad diet and bad habits you look bad.

I feel like a bit of a douche for vaping, but it got me off cigarettes. I feel so much better, I can go WAY longer without nicotine, I don't have a cough anymore, I don't smell like crap all the time, I'm saving over $200 a month, and I don't think there's any way it's worse than smoking. I don't think it's perfect. I heard a comparison once. Playing soccer is dangerous, that's vaping, smoking is playing soccer with a live hand grenade. I'll keep vaping and weaning myself off nicotine.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Here in So Calif most of the smoke shops are owned by middle eastern people,and sell a variety of things,no odd looking people as such,except a few low lying places that sell or sold bath salts or incense crap,they don't last long,I'm trying my best to quit,vaping doesn't cut it

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Nice, pathetic swipe at freedom.

You have all the freedom in the world to smoke...just not in public places.

I drink as a vice, you smoke
Both have intake and release chemicals.
Mine is in the form of urine, yours is smoke.
I urinate in a toilet, your smoke goes on me.
I guess you can smoke in a restaurant and other public places the day I can pee on you in public without a issue. deal?

Muh freedom..if I cant pee on you, its basically communism!

I get that. I don't smoke around other people. I like to sit out on my patio with the cat and a book.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Here to correct you yet again.....

I vape 0% nicotine liquids, why ? because I enjoy it, much like I enjoy riding my bike, it's not always about addiction

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Here to correct you yet again.....

I vape 0% nicotine liquids, why ? because I enjoy it, much like I enjoy riding my bike, it's not always about addiction

yes it it. Besides, whatever substances you vape that 'arent' addicting, the ritual of fiddling with the instrument is also an addiction. Fingers need to be busy or we go ape.

How about learning to play an instrument?
edit on 25-4-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So riding my bike is an addiction ?
Playing computer games is an addiction ?
Playing tennis is an addiction ?

All things I enjoy along with vaping, all things I do in moderation and all things I could live without if I decided to no longer do them

I used to drink alcohol, one day I decided I wouldn't drink it any more, but that was addiction right ? addiction that is supposedly difficult to break away from yet I managed it overnight....

I can already play the piano ? Is it an addiction too that I enjoy the piano ?

Perhaps you should learn what an addiction actually is before suggesting that we're addicts

I will however agree that fingers do need to be busy, especially for someone like myself who gets bored incredibly easy, I would not say that it is anything to do with addiction though and more to keep oneself occupied lest insanity ensue

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I will however agree that fingers do need to be busy, especially for someone like myself who gets bored incredibly easy, I would not say that it is anything to do with addiction though and more to keep oneself occupied lest insanity ensue

"Boredom" is a nice word for anxiety, that needs distraction, that becomes habit, that became addiction. If you stopped fiddling you would go crazy.

See anything wrong with that? Wheres peace of mind?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I drove 5 hours today to get home, and looked like a steam engine chugging all the way on my RDA.

I started vaping/quit smoking about the time Erik did, give or take. Im shocked its been that long, actually. But jesus do I feel so much better.

best thing i've ever done for myself.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
a reply to: Macenroe82

That sounds like your lungs were finally able to catch up after quitting smoking.

The a pretty common side effect after quitting.

Yeap! Vape one love

(post by Williamboyer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I drove 5 hours today to get home, and looked like a steam engine chugging all the way on my RDA.

I started vaping/quit smoking about the time Erik did, give or take. Im shocked its been that long, actually. But jesus do I feel so much better.

best thing i've ever done for myself.

One huge noticeable change with vaping is you don't wheeze like you do when smoking ...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So people who vape are both crackheads and vegans by default.

Not by default...but those who actually work in such shops....are certainly more predisposed to it. Especially since such shops typically sell other drug paraphernalia. It's not a crack at them, just is what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

So people who vape are both crackheads and vegans by default.

Not by default...but those who actually work in such shops....are certainly more predisposed to it. Especially since such shops typically sell other drug paraphernalia. It's not a crack at them, just is what it is site.

YEap

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join