It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do vape shop staff always look so damn ill?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Out of all the guinea pigs on the planet vape shop staff probably get the most exposure to large quantities of vaporiser vapour, and almost every vape shop I have been into the staff look very pale, eyes ringed and generally not too chipper (I'll admit, only around 8-10 shops as I do most of my ordering online, so not a wide data pool...).

People who use a vaporiser may hate me for even suggesting this, but i think there is a possibility that heavy exposure can cause health complications that people aren't necessarily aware of yet. I am speaking about this from personal and anecdotal experience as I am a heavy vaper (freelance work from home so pretty much using it at least once every few minutes from 9am until 11pm) and have some symptoms that the doctors cannot diagnose that gradually appeared over the last 3 years which was when I started vaping.

We know that PG dehydrates you, that eliquids can possibly spike blood sugar and that acetones are bad ju-ju, but I can't help but feel that coating our lungs in thick sweet sticky VG is entirely harmless either. The lungs main goal is to oxygenate blood through bronchial arteries, if there is some form of blockage in this system wouldn't we see gradual and slow hypoxia in healthy individuals, causing an array of problems that aren't immediately identifiable with a standard blood test?

I may be completely wrong, but I wanted to spark some form of discussion about this, especially with those more knowledgable than I about the human body and the long term effects this could have.
edit on 24/4/2017 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They are probably all on crack and of course they love to vape.

Dream job!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oklahoma resident here, I see the same thing... I can guarantee they have a meth hobby

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

"Vape" is still smoke, an irritant. Nicotine, a drug.

Of course they look ill.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah, all vapors people are meth heads because they are not owned by tobacco companies
Crikey, I have never heard such crap in my life
Vegetable glycerine and propylene are worse than meth and other poisons
Piss poor effort
Let the games begin, please

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can't answer, as I have not seen the same at the ones I've visited here in MI. In fact, we have a running joke about one store, by a college town, that seems to only hire GQ esq young men. (I don't complain)

While I don't claim vaping is real healthy, I maintain it is healthier than cigs.
I make my own fluid, so I don't use PG at all, but still find myself drinking more water, so I am curious about that.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I was vamping pretty steady for about a year.
En I started waking up in the middle of the night in complete agony.
Something was happening in my lungs that caused me to only be able to fall asleep damn near sitting up.
Then I started coughing up dark - almost black phlegm.
Don't know wtf was causing it, but I'm sure it was something in the e-juice liquid.

Sticking to cigarettes now.
Don't care if they are bad, and have mor Chems then vape juice.
Cigs. Have never caused me to hack up black crap and sleep only on my back for 6 months.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All you have to do is take that bottle of liquid you use in your vape machine and drink it. You know what will happen? You'll die, guaranteed. Friend of mine's sister committed suicide that way. That's how good it is for you.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Most vape shops also sell pipes that umm trying to get 0 tc with this umm manual non electric vaporizers for substances that are far worse

If you really want to see what I would say is the worst for vape exposure look up cloud chasing

I'm fairly shure if vape had effects like that it be known

But as soon as the cloud chasers start dropping I'll worrie

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Same thing would happen if u ate a pack of smokes ... drink to much water same thing

Literally everything on planet earth and I mean everything will kill u if u eat more than the lethal dose

Vape isn't exactly good for u but most likaly it tap water is bad for u also my tapwater has uranium in it

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

Same thing would happen if u ate a pack of smokes ... drink to much water same thing

Literally everything on planet earth and I mean everything will kill u if u eat more than the lethal dose

Vape isn't exactly good for u but most likaly it tap water is bad for u also my tapwater has uranium in it

Reminds me of the old response about drug users that they all started with milk, therefore milk was bad. An ounce or two of this vape liquid will kill you. I doubt that will happen with an ounce or two of uranium-laced tap water. But if you want to embarrass yourself by making that kind of silly analogy, go right ahead.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
All you have to do is take that bottle of liquid you use in your vape machine and drink it. You know what will happen? You'll die, guaranteed. Friend of mine's sister committed suicide that way. That's how good it is for you.

Why would someone drink something that has labels saying "do not ingest," on it?

Scapegoat e-juice all you want, but mental illness took that life. Responsible, free, consenting adults should be able to do what they please with their body. After giving up cigarettes, I was able to run more than half s mile without my lungs and throat choking up - nearly five years later, in the healthiest I've ever been and I vape regularly (don't like it, not my problem.

Don't like vaping? Don't purchase a mod, please, because you clearly have no clue what you're doing.

Alcohol and tobacco kill in droves and it's considered a timeless American pastime. Don't like it? Don't drink or smoke - I don't.

If you go and drink all of the creamer for your coffee on its own I guarantee it'll make you sick - shows how good it is for your health.

If you go and drink too much water, you will in fact die - shows how good it is for your health.

If you go to the local grocery store, and purchase all of their alcohol, and drink all of it - you will do, shows how good it is for your health.

If you go to the local grocery store and purchase all of their tobacco products and consume them in one sitting, you would become severely ill - shows how good it is for your health.

Let's just nerf the entire world, and not let free Americans who are consenting adults using their own resources in their own time do what they please (as long as they're not harming anyone) because they're either:

A) too irresponsible to make their own decisions so we should base legality on knee-jerk emotional reactions and personal anecdotes

Or

B) we feel as if we need to control how free Americans live their lives because we live in a culture and society of fear in which everything is "bad for you," and it "shouldn't be allowed," again - based on knee-jerk emotional responses

As for saying that people who vape have a meth problem, tf? Are you truly that daft? ATS should truly change its motto to embrace ignorance, it's so much more fitting now.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: markovian

Reminds me of the old response about drug users that they all started with milk, therefore milk was bad. An ounce or two of this vape liquid will kill you. I doubt that will happen with an ounce or two of uranium-laced tap water. But if you want to embarrass yourself by making that kind of silly analogy, go right ahead.

You're either trolling or entirely ignorant on the matter.

Regardless, I'll be sure to avoid your posts from now on lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Dream job!!!!!

I don't even know how to respond to a comment like this.

Pure, unadulterated ignorance at its finest form.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nope, sorry. The staff in my local vape shop are quite young and vibrant people who do not look ill at all.

I just go there for equipment now (new coils, looking into a new tank, etc), as I make my own ejuice now.

Now handling the ejuice while making it can present a hazard as the bottle of liquid nic I'm using is at a 100mg concentration and having that level enter my system would make me damn sick or worse, which is why I wear rubber gloves while making my bottle of ejuice.

Having been off actually smoking tobacco for 1 year and 7 months now, I can attest to the fact that I feel a LOT better than when I smoked. I breath easier, colds and coughs disappeared, blood pressure went down and I do not get out of breath simply from walking around like I used to.

Other good things since I switched: I no longer smell or taste like a walking ashtray according to my wife.

I still treat the vaping like smoking though. If I'm at a place where there is no smoking allowed, I don't vape. I also do not vape while in someones house unless they have given me permission......and I don't use a box mod that fills their house up with it either though, heh.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Vapor enthusiants believe that it is healthy, so they might believe their diet is healthier despite the fact that a big ol' porterhouse once in a while can be good for you, and believe me after a big steak and some sprouts you don't need to vape because your body will produce noxious vapors of it's own.

A steak now and again is a good thing so maybe these vapor pushers need to inhale a burger once in a while, or maybe they just need some more sunlight.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Vapor enthusiants believe that it is healthy, so they might believe their diet is healthier despite the fact that a big ol' porterhouse once in a while can be good for you, and believe me after a big steak and some sprouts you don't need to vape because your body will produce noxious vapors of it's own.

A steak now and again is a good thing so maybe these vapor pushers need to inhale a burger once in a while, or maybe they just need some more sunlight.

So people who vape are both crackheads and vegans by default.

Hahah it must be difficult to live in a world with so many labels.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Dream job!!!!!

Ignorance is right, it was obviously not a factual statement and certainly wasn't presented as one.

Vaping, while extremely lame, does not have any connection to the use of illegal narcotics. Should have been obvious that I wasn't serious.
edit on 24-4-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Dream job!!!!!

Ignorance is right, it was obviously not a factual statement and certainly wasn't presented as one.

Vaping, while obviously extremely lame, does not have any connection to the use of illegal narcotics. Should have been obvious that I wasn't serious.

Sorry Spock, your intellectual prowl just goes right over my head sometimes.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

So people who vape are both crackheads and vegans by default.

Im not saying that at all-but my opinions were based on observations.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join