It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do vape shop staff always look so damn ill?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: constant_thought

I was vamping pretty steady for about a year.
En I started waking up in the middle of the night in complete agony.
Something was happening in my lungs that caused me to only be able to fall asleep damn near sitting up.
Then I started coughing up dark - almost black phlegm.
Don't know wtf was causing it, but I'm sure it was something in the e-juice liquid.

Sticking to cigarettes now.
Don't care if they are bad, and have mor Chems then vape juice.
Cigs. Have never caused me to hack up black crap and sleep only on my back for 6 months.

After smoking for 30 years. I took a hit while I was battling a cold.

My lung stuck together for one breath. It got my attention.

I quit right that moment. I used a vape for about a week.

I soon discovered all I was doing is trading one habit for another.

I quit two years ago. It feels like I haven't had a smoke in two years.

I miss it...Its just I love living a little more.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've opened up a can of worms here...

Just to clarify, i am not pushing for more stringent controls on vaping. RomeByFire I am not trying to take away your right to choose to vape, I was just making a statement about how my own health issues have appeared since I began vaping regularly (which yes, it's obvious it wouldn't be a "good" thing to heavily vape) and I have noticed in my local vape shops everyone looks like zombies, but hey I'm in the UK, we're all a bit miserable every now and then at work

I just think we're all a bit naive going into this and defending it so strongly when literally no one knows what the long term effects are of ingesting this amount of PG or VG. There is not one individual on the face of the earth with evidence to say whether or not it is healthy because the data isn't there yet.

Yes, this has helped many, many people kick their smoking habits and has had an all round positive effect on general health, I just think we need to focus more research efforts into what the outcome will be in say 10 years time, not the result of some mice in a lab inhaling it for an hour a day for 2 months. Even if they did do longer periods of testing it gets even trickier when you break it down into its components - is the ejuice carrier PG, VG or something else all together? Whats the nicotine level (although this is more widely understood), and what brand is it/what flavourings and additives are used? What coils are used? Does the firing mechanism produce any unwanted fumes in low levels? Does this increase later into the atomizer/cartomizers life? There are just so many unknown factors involved to test thoroughly, especially when it comes down to them entering directly into the lungs and bloodstream.

I agree that it is much much better than smoking and I haven't touched a cigarette in 3 years, there is just a lot more at play than with tobacco due to the great degree of variation per company per product.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think if there are any distant health issues, we should be seeing them soon. Sadly, atleast around here, the test subjects will be a pretty controlled group.

By and large, in my area, vaping is largely confined to certain age groups(16 to 20ish) and is very popular in said group. In many cases, these people were not even traditional nicotine users to begin with. So any lung issues that do arise could be easily attributed to their vaping.

Personally, beyond it looking ridiculous, I find it questionable(not researched, just a gut thing) as far as the source of these products(china, lead vape 5000) and the chemical makeup of them. I wouldn't feel comfortable inhaling this stuff, just because some company(that stands to make millions) tells me it's safe that doesn't mean a heap of dog turds to me.
edit on 24-4-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well I still eat meat, plenty of it even though I vape so no, I'm not any kind of vegan.

I'm addicted to nicotine. Was addicted to it while smoking, still addicted to it while vaping.....the difference being that instead of known and extremely harmful ingredients, I'm at least down to only 3 (nicotine, VG and PG).

Does that make me a "crackhead"?

Hardly.

Am I still an "addict"?

Most certainly.

The good news though is: I've drastically cut down the amount of nicotine I was consuming before I switched over to vaping.

Have i noticed any new side effects?

Nope. Everything I have experienced since switching has been on a positive side of things.

One thing I do know: I control what it is I vape since I make my own juice. Too many vaping places have stopped mixing it there in front of you and sell the premade bottles. One of the reasons I switched to making my own (and saves me quite a bit of money too).

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Probably the same reason vape shops get robbed so often. I don't know how much money there is in the vaping industry, but the stores could easily serve as a front for something else.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

"Vape" is still smoke

Then it must be smoke that comes out of a kettle whenever I boil water, I do wonder though what's burning inside while my water is boiling ?

Maybe an expert like yourself could tell me ?

You do understand a vaping device works on the same principles as kettle, a filament that heats up and boils a liquid to create a VAPOUR not smoke, which is why we call it vaping and not smoking, that we've all quit....

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Your comparison to boiling water falls short. If it was steam you inhaled you wouldn't see an exhale cloud. What you are vaporizing is oil, big difference between that and water.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Exactly, the vapor coming out of a kettle is as harmless as the water in the kettle. It's just in a different form(gas vs liquid).

No different than the "smoke" coming out of a vape, it's just a gas form of the juice. Inhaling the water vapor from the kettle is no more dangerous than drinking the water itself.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Never said it was steam, I did however say it wasn't smoke which was the point
edit on 24/4/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nope. Not smoke.

Smoke is produced by burning something.

Vaping is just that: Vapor.

Should you make other's breath it in? No, which is why I don't use a device that billows out tons of vape, nor do I use my device where smoking is not allowed: out of respect for those around me.

However again: Vapor is NOT smoke.

There is a BIG difference, considering smoke contains things like CO and CO2, where as vapor from ejuice does not.

Educate yourselves please before making false statements like that.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Because they're druggies?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
people used to think cigarette smoking was harmless, I guess we`ll have to wait for 50 years to know how harmful vaping really is.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I was vamping pretty steady for about a year.
En I started waking up in the middle of the night in complete agony.
Something was happening in my lungs that caused me to only be able to fall asleep damn near sitting up.
Then I started coughing up dark - almost black phlegm.
Don't know wtf was causing it, but I'm sure it was something in the e-juice liquid.

Sticking to cigarettes now.
Don't care if they are bad, and have mor Chems then vape juice.
Cigs. Have never caused me to hack up black crap and sleep only on my back for 6 months.

Often when people quit smoking, especially after prolonged periods of time, their lungs start cleaning out in thick, gooey dark stuff (tar). can last for weeks as the body flushes out.

So, gonna guess that is what you were experiencing..your lungs were cleaning out and you didn't like it.

Some other considerations, dont get nickle plated coils. its some super coil hobbiest thing that requires special batterys and if you do something wrong it will get you really sick and eventually give you lung cancer (nickle is bad for inhaling).

Next is if you are getting some dodgy old juice, that can make you cough and such. it should seem thick..flowing more like baby oil than water, and stored in cool temperature (say 74 degrees or under..no hot summer day yard sale stuff)..and there is an expiration date on it

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Educate yourselves please before making false statements like that.

You would think people on a CT website would want to investigate a little bit, but I guess its more fun to just randomly spout out opinions. One could hope though I suppose.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Tried to find some video of a vape shop and it's staff. All I found was this. These guys look healthy to me.

Shop footage starts about a minute in.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Definition of a vaper - Someone who has quit tobacco and is trying desperately to look cool and failing miserably.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Definition of a vaper - Someone who has quit tobacco and is trying desperately to look cool and failing miserably.

Soo edgy

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
people used to think cigarette smoking was harmless, I guess we`ll have to wait for 50 years to know how harmful vaping really is.

Not only, by then they'll think up some new way to hook everyone on nicotine.

The same way cigarettes grabbed everyone when they came out. Up till then was pipes, cigars and chew.

To the thread: Okay vapes, vaping isn't burning, you still burn for the nicotine though...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: 123143

Soo edgy

I'm going to keep puffing my nubs. Go big or go home.

F*** the tobacco police. I live life on my own damn terms. I'm not interested in living forever. Quality, not quantity.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
vape people seem healthy to me. i started vaping, just a cheap vaping kit, it was hard transitioning from cigarettes to vaping, there were slight withdraws but i was able to switch over to only vaping. after a year or so and every so often going down in the amount of nicotine it was not so bad when i quit. it got me off the cigs.

i know people who have been vaping for a while now. one guys lungs were getting bad, his doctor basically said you need to quit or your lungs are looking relaly bad. he switched to vaping and they say his lungs are looking much better and he is feeling better.

what you are vaping is used in all kinds of stuff for flavoring, you probably eat it every day, is it safe to inhale well its hard to say but so far it seems to be allot safer than smoking cigs,,

no one i know that vapes looks unhealthy.. they actually seem healthier. people at the vape store i have seen look just fine.

i hate the hard core vaping people and their big clouds and all that crap. there is nothing cool about it except it can help you get off the cigs and its seems easier to quit than cits, its a good nicotine replacement to help you get off the cigs so in a way its cool.

there are many worse thigns out there than vaping. vaping may not really be that bad for you.. but its hard to say yet, nicotine is poison and nicotine in large quantity is definitely not good but in normal quantity the nicotine its self is pretty safe and not bad for you. at least that is what my doctors tell me.. they think vaping is a much better idea instead of smoking. you got VG, PG and flavoring in a quality vape juice and that is about in. in cigs you got so many bad chemicals in there its crazy.. the spray the tobacco down with all kind of horrible stuff for some reason

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join