It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines staff member seen challenging passenger to a fight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior
These airlines have been mistreating their customers for so long and we tolerated it. This is what happens.

That's pretty much it.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'm not faulting the bloke for sticking up for the woman and never said that. I'm just pointing out how forced the crying seemed and that it's wrong for people to claim that the flight attendant starting the fight when in reality it was the random bloke who decided he wanted to threaten to knock him out but because a certain media story needs to be told people are jumping at it.

Keep in mind I'm going by what was shown on the video not from anything else (as are you I'm sure) and judging the clip it's clear that the attendant was threatened so what's he supposed to do cower in the corner or stand up for himself.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yep, seems the larger number of people on here are just jumping to the conclusion that the attendant needs to be attacked because he started the fight even though none of us see her getting hit yet we all see the random bloke stand up and threaten to knock the attendant out. Funny that way, I guess there are two video clips and they're seeing a totally different one lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Don't worry I don't take things personally (more so on the web) lol

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Come, and fly the friendly skys...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

A collapsible stroller can easily be stored on a plane - been there, done that. If she was allowed to take it on board, then it's safe to assume there would be space. There is absolutely no reason for this flight attendant to jerk it away from her, hit her with it, and almost hit her child!! He could have offered to help, and avoided the entire problem. As for the threat to the other passenger, to be fair, that man was making comments himself, saying he's flatten the guy if, etc., and the attendant saying "hit me" was a reaction to that. Also to be fair, the other man was standing up for that woman, who clearly needed some support! The flight attendants are responsible for this. The one should have looked for a space for the woman, not directed her to try and do so herself, while trying to juggle two babies onto a flight! Complete failure on the part of that cabin crew.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaYote

Having traveled with baby and stroller -- in the U.S., the stroller is supposed to be checked at the gate & airlines have it ready for you in the jet-way upon arrival. It's a safety issue. What did she want it on the plane for? From the audio, she has a European accent, perhaps she didn't understand this.

With that said, clearly the rough tough American Airlines dude has no people skills and should have calmly and politely explained this to the mom.

I traveled with a small child and a stroller, and another child, some years back. Smaller stroller, and flew within the U.S. for part of the trip, ad overseas for part. Every single plane, the stroller went on the plane with us, and a flight attendant stowed it in a closet on board. No hassle, no complaints, very helpful. The ONLY issue we had on those trips was before boarding, when they allowed people to push past, to board, at a time it was supposed to be people with small children. That wasn't the cabin crew, though. Checked "at the gate", in our case, meant rolling it on board, removing my son, and having the flight attendant stow it. Now, this was some years ago, as the son in the stroller is now in his twenties, but it wasn't a big deal then, so I don't see why it would be now. If she was allowed to bring it aboard, then she can't be blamed for doing so. The time to tell her someone else would need to would have been before boarding.

I did note that other passengers were boarding, right past all the chaos, too, and no space or time was given to allow this woman with two small children to board. That's similar to what I saw. Some people can be very, very rude about children on a plane, as though parents have no right to fly. The worst thing ever saw was when flying with my smallest, to a funeral, and that was from another passenger. The baby was in her carseat - required by regulation - in the window seat, I was in the center one, and another woman was at the aisle. The carseat overhung the armrest on that side, so I only had one available. This woman, NOT large, decided to hog that one, as well as the aisle side, literally shoving my arm off. Even when a meal was served, she refused to move an inch, so I couldn't, literally, move my arms hardly at all, given the cramped space. She was right-handed, and had her right arm at the aisle, so she didn't need the other armrest, and was just being hateful. The baby, for the record, was very quiet, no problem at all. This case, a flight attendant ended up moving us to another seat, as soon as some people got off.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You should have gave her a left jab or poke in the ribs.

You might of made youtube!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Btw, won’t they give this woman’s stroller back?

Why is she so upset, does she need the stroller to go around in the plane?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m on her side, just curious why she made a big thing if they are going to give the stroller back to her

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The male passenger should have beaten the holy **** out of the FA. He has the perfect defense Federal law requires that you obey every direction of a crew member. The FA said, "Hit me!" That is a demand that must be obeyed. If a few of these overbearing punk (and punkettes) were put in the hospital, customer service might well improve.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Whatever to these isolated incidents (and I also agree that this one is a bit of a 1/2 story farce).

Do the general policies of the airlines suck? Yup.

But 99% of the time when I travel (which is a lot) the entitled idiocy comes from other passengers, not the crew.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You should have gave her a left jab or poke in the ribs.

You might of made youtube!

I was very tempted!!! Changing seats resolved it, though, and she has to live with herself. In a different frame of mind, I likely would have done just that. This was to go to a funeral for lost twin grandsons, though, so I wasn't really feeling aggressive. Well, save toward the idiot doc involved. Better if I never meet that woman!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Of course I’m not really advocating violence; just being tongue and cheek. You dealt with it admirably

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You know it's not just airlines that are disrespecting customers. Overall, customer service and respect is on a decline in many businesses.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

and that's all i got to say about that.
edit on 22-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm just,.. going to throw this out there. Chances are? If you need to "fly there" ..and you ain't got wings? You don't need to be there! You "pay" for a "service". If you don't like it? Don't buy it! But don't imagine a "right" that doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

What's with people these days???

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That meathead guy should have just shut the # up. What did he plan on doing? Apparently nothing when the pasty bald dude didn't wimper like he thought he would. He stood up and then did nothing, and then sat back down.He should have just saved his time and his image. I guess after just watching that guy bludgeon a new mom and her twin babies with no regrets, he realized he was out matched on pure idgaf.

Pasty guy needs to work on his comebacks.That # was pretty weak. I wonder if he was a prick after he accidently/carelessly struck the lady with a stroller. Probably i figure. At least enough to trigger some primal reaction from the meathead. "You stay out of this" was probably some good advice.

He stood up, walked over there, was invited to deliver a punch to the face, and then what? Uh.. i guess i'll sit back down now.
edit on 22-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I thought she was crying peculiarly too.And i thought she was carrying on too much,to be quite frank.Even if she was genuinely crying - you do Not lose your sh*t like that when you have a small helpless child with you!!! It can be terrifying for a lil one to see its mother crying and wailing and carrying on.You be strong when you are in charge of a kiddie and keep it together good grief!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I had a chance to fly from Beijing to Chicago, first class. I was, dare I say, treated with dignity.

The whole time I was wondering why this wasn't normal passenger treatment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join