It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Le Pen wins in France = Trumpism is a Global Movement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

edit on 23 4 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

She's no fan of trumps.
The French absolutely loath trump.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

She's no fan of trumps.

Yep. Because she is more far-right than Trump. Not because she is the usual French lib.
The rest of the French hate Trump because they are flaming libs like yourself.

Le Pen blasts Trump for reversing stance on NATO
Le Pen said in a radio interview with France Info that Trump may have been swayed by his administration to change his mind. Trump made his comments at the White House in a press conference after a meeting with NATO secretary general Jens Stoltenberg.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yep, Marine took the pieces of silver and will smash NATO as well as the EU. This will Make Russia Great Again. Goodbye, Poland!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If the final equation is Trump + Brexit + Le Pen + Theresa May (to a lesser extent)

It's actually Brexit+Trump+La Pen.

Brexit was the shot heard round the world.

Interesting US/UK/France all the major players during the revolution. On different sides that time.

On the same side this go round.

How this merry go round stop anyones guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, go mostly silent on the French election outcome, like they did after our special U.S. elections this month, we will know exactly why. Good news for President Trump and supporters.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Even if the polls are extraordinarily mistaken, Le Pen can't win and will likely be severely beaten in the 2nd round.
The media have been running this cheap scare story for months and I am glad it's coming to an end.

Let's look at it.
She's credited around 25% in the first round, it might be well under her final score tonight, this I don't know but she'd need 40% to have a chance to win the second round and the difference is enormous.
Based on past elections, the Front National typically doesn't grow much from 1st to 2nd round. For exemple, in 2002, when her father reached the 2nd round in the Presidentials, he went from 16.86% to 17.79% one-on-one with Chirac who won by more than 80%, a banana republic result.
The Front National has 2 representatives out of 577 elected at the lower house, a record high for them in two-rounds, 2 out of 348 at the upper house, their firsts ever. They can't win in two-round systems because all the voters gang up against theirs, they have no political allies.

Le Pen needs much much more than what is forecast in the polls to have any chance of winning and the best she does in the 1st round, the more voters will move their butt in 2 weeks to stop her. No chance of winning but her "good" result is of concern.

Further proof that the media doesn't really consider her victory is that they don't really dig into the situation it will lead to and the OP has no insight either. General elections will be held in june, even if the FN does a hundred times better they usually do (200 representatives, inthinkable), they still won´t have a majority and France will be ungovernable, a deeper political crisis than Spain or Belgium. Nobody can say where it could go from that point, even civil war isn't out of the cards. This is the kind of situation some groups may want in Europe. It is not going to happen this time but if it happened, France leaving or not the EU would be the least concern really.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

She's no fan of trumps.

The french hate anyone who is not french.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
On another note.

Why the hell is an EX president calling Macron ?

The dudes out of office.

Logan Act violation.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Manouche

Best post on the thread!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How this merry go round stop anyones guess.

It will stop with a loss of freedom - ironically or not

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I see someone didn't pay attention to the last eight years.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

They really hate trump.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Well I'm hot but not flaming.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Sorry neo. There's really not much point in you and I having this conversation. I am aware

This steady march towards fascism translates into freedom for some folks. I guess we'll all see how this goes

I for one am not rooting for Ms. Le Pen
edit on 4/23/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Get back to me when you comprehend what fascism really is.

Cause France sure isn't a fascist country.

And sure as hell not with a 35 hour work week.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They were silent about the elections you just posted about? Sooooooo where'd you hear about it then?
I saw the news about both elections held this month. On main stream media.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What ever happened to 'operation Le Pen" from 4chan??

Also isn't this just a 'round of voting' whatever that means?

I don't understand why they have all these rounds to vote before final vote. Is it just to get it down between 2-3 major people representing each party?

Le Pen comes from an openly racist father right? I remember there was much controversy regarding him.

However if that's what the country needs who am I to say. I just hope they learn some proper policing so they don't let major parts look and feel like 3rd world countries where bus drivers can't even go without getting jumped for doing his job by telling someone to remove hijab.

I really think those extreme places are breeding grounds for terrorists.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Manouche

The problem is that the situation is similar to the one in the last American presidential election: none of the candidates has much appeal, to the point where some can't even decide which is "least worse." This means that any candidate that can inspire his or her base to turn out might create an upset. Realistically, Le Pen will not win the first ballot and a consensus will emerge between the center left and center right over either Macron or Fillon. Nevertheless, polls have been wrong recently, hence the fear.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Cause France sure isn't a fascist country.

That's one of the more obtuse things I've heard you say actually. You get back to me when you can demonstrate that you understand what's happening right now - right in front of all of us

Of course France isn't a fascist country

Vive la France!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join