It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps successor: Let the speculation begin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

What would her slogan be?

"Flip your wig with Auntie Maxine"

"America belongs to the illegals"

link   
My guess would be Pence. Pence will only be 64 in the 2024 election. I see a Pence / Haley ticket in 2024.

link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Naw man. Trump feeds on haters. Trump has had so many enemies and haters for so long it's become second nature to him. He's been one of the most hated developers in the history of NYC. He's notorious for planting many heads on stakes over the years. These Washington politicians (both left and right) are completely dumbfounded by Trump and are still so shell shocked. They are literally walking around in a zombie like state of mind wondering, "when is he going to conform to the way we do business here in Washington?" and this will be their continued downfall.

The entire democratic party is absolutely imploding right now. Look as the ancient dinosaurs they have as the face and name of their party. Dinosaurs. Soon to be extinct.

Once the democratic dinosaurs die off there will be no democrats of notability with any experience in Washington. And they will literally have no comprehension of how to stop the Trump train.

Trust me. The MSM is petrified to report on the reality of what is going on in Washington. The reality is the political machine of the left and right cannot control Trump and this scares the hell out of them.

There's only one way Trump doesn't make it 2 terms and that is not something I am even going to discuss.

Trump will be POTUS for 2 full terms.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: xuenchen
Question:

If Pence is made President in let's say, 2019, gets elected in 2020, can he run in 2024?

Yes.

He can succeed once, and be elected twice.

To take it a step further...

In 2020, Trump and Pence need only swap spots on the ticket when they run for re-election. They win and serve until 2022 with Pence as President and Trump as Vice President. Pence then resigns moving Trump into the Presidency. Under provisions of the 25th Amendment Trump could nominate Pence to serve as Vice President. In 2024 they could run and serve as Trump-Pence – the result would be a decade of Donald Trump Presidency. Pence could even run for President in 2028 and if elected serve until 2032.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Pence's conservative Christian values disturb me, but I think he is a stable individual, he could cement his relationship with moderates with a good VP choice, and no, Ted Cruz is not it. I am of the belief that Trump will not make 4 years.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

How about neither a Republican or a Democrat for the next POTUS.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Rand Paul.
He was the best most sane option and will continue to be

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Does there still exist such an animal?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I like that idea !!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Rand Paul is a pacifist. He's not a warmonger. Precisely why he will never be president. Obama sent thousands of TOW missiles to jihadists in Syria and dropped tens of thousands of bombs in Iraq and Syria.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
Rand Paul.
He was the best most sane option and will continue to be

Rand Paul is not sane.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In the year 2001 megadeth had this song. Is Trump the hero?

I think so.

Just listen to the lyric's. They match up to what's going on now. AMIRITE?
edit on 4 20 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Since we're speculating, Trump will never be impeached based on current diatribe because that diatribe started before he took office and has been proven fake news, now the CIA is looking for a mole.

Maxine 'Impeachment' Waters can work her taxpayer funded time trying to piece together a case for impeachment, unfortunately for Maxine, she is getting all of her information from fantasy land so she just looks like an absolute tool with geography issues.

Trumps successor in 2024 will be Ivanka.

I foresee a "nobody" coming out of the wood work, possibly third party, that wipes the floor with the current potus in the general election, utilizing an unparalleled sense of knowledge and logic, combined with a substantial care for human beings, regardless of race, class, or creed.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Question:

If Pence is made President in let's say, 2019, gets elected in 2020, can he run in 2024?

Yes.

To take it a step further...

In 2020, Trump and Pence need only swap spots on the ticket when they run for re-election. They win and serve until 2022 with Pence as President and Trump as Vice President. Pence then resigns moving Trump into the Presidency. Under provisions of the 25th Amendment Trump could nominate Pence to serve as Vice President. In 2024 they could run and serve as Trump-Pence – the result would be a decade of Donald Trump Presidency. Pence could even run for President in 2028 and if elected serve until 2032.

LMMFLWAO!

Brilliant!

You should copyright that script and sell it to Hollywood. It would be a massive hit!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Question:

Yes. Term limits on a President are two full terms or a maximum of 10 years.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ivanka.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

We already have that in Trump. Look a bit deeper...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Question:

Yes.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks

A president can serve 10 years total. 8 by election, 2 by succession.

For instance if Bill had been Hillarys VP choice and died in office, Bill could have succeeded her for 2 years.
edit on R142017-04-20T21:14:11-05:00k144Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Question:

Hmm. Don't think I've ever seen that "10 year" limit in the 25th Amendment.

If the president died 3 days into his term and the VP took over, then that new president was re-elected twice, does that mean he or she would have to resign half-way through their second elected term?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Question:

Hmm. Don't think I've ever seen that "10 year" limit in the 25th Amendment.

If the president died 3 days into his term and the VP took over, then that new president was re-elected twice, does that mean he or she would have to resign half-way through their second elected term?

He wouldn't be allowed to run for the second term.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join