It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I doubt it will be broadcast on TV, but will probably be available on youtube at some point.

The major difference in a surface UAV and an Underground UAV is the positioning system.
The majority of surface drones used for survey or Search and Rescue, have a GPS positioning and hold system.
This allows the drone to stay locked in a specific area.

Well underground there is no GPS, so things are a bit different. I had to come up with a position and control system
that would work based on laser positioning. Also, because its such a tight area underground, a traditional open propeller system would eventually fail.
Fail meaning, at some point the drone would make contact with either a rock bolt,
or the walls, and would cause the drone to crash.

So I have a roll cage on mine. The roll cage allows my drone to bump into anything down there and not worry about it crashing.
Heres and example of a drop raise inspection I did:

The drone can go absolutely anyplace, you would never send a human.
Such as this drop raise, once its complete and in action being used, a person will never be able to see what condition it is in or how full it is. That type of information is critical in mining.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

This is fascinating, thank you! I did watch the video.

My first thought was, is this something that could have helped those 33 miners who were trapped in the underground mine (not that long ago)?
I would think that there is so much potential use for this. (mind blowing, really)

Please let us know when we can view the Talk! I have a feeling you're going to go far with your invention.
(I actually have an invention in my head too, lol...but that's for another time.)
jacy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
My first thought was, is this something that could have helped those 33 miners who were trapped in the underground mine...

Or people in my hostage dungeon.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This is worthy of its own thread. Very impressive

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jacygirl
My first thought was, is this something that could have helped those 33 miners who were trapped in the underground mine...

Or people in my hostage dungeon.

It's not really a dungeon though, is it? I mean...there's a fridge, a sofa...some throw cushions.
I'm pretty sure we're locked in your den/family room. I think your wife came down to grab a bag of fava beans...oh!!
(and I thought she was on our side)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Sorry Jason I'm answering for you. Jason will will save lives. He is giving eyes in places that wasn't possible before.

If we had Jason drones we might have kept Up er Big Branch from happening. The drone could have gone in. I think more would have walked out Sago. That is what Jason is doing, saving lives
edit on 4/19/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Its hard to say in the case of the 33,
Do you remember hearing how the miners attempted to climb out of escape-way, but the company, being cheapo's didnt complete the ladder? That shaft could have been used to access the mine via my drone. Then it could have been flown around with some sort of noise maker hoping to attract someone to it.

edit on 19-4-2017 by Macenroe82 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Thanks Martin!

Saving lives is my motivation behind this project. Its what drove me to come up with something that can withstand the environment of underground, or even collapsed buildings for that matter.

The drone also has a thermal camera for that exact reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

This really is incredible, Marty. Like Faux said, deserving of it's own thread.

I do remember the miners climbing the ladder that just abruptly stopped...(saw the movie recently). I was horrified at the lack of safety measures and can only imagine how many miners are working in unsafe conditions.

My own partner works as a pipelayer (gas mains, water mains, etc.) and is sometimes so deep that a 'cage' is required to prevent the walls from caving in on him. (it happened once and he was buried to his waist...very lucky that he wasn't hurt badly)

I would think that Jason's invention is pretty revolutionary, and that many things will change with this. (How exciting to be able to talk to the inventor himself!) I expect one day soon to be seeing him on tv, and I will point and smile and say, "He's my friend."

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Good Morning One and All.
Hey TrueBrit so happy to see you. I hope your ordeal today goes well. Hugs in bundles and bushels.
Jeez we were busy yesterday I am tired after all the festivities.
May you all have a grand Winds Day.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In my mind Jason could have saved these men. There were notes, which meant they were alive. The stories break my heart.

The 13 trapped miners were about 2 miles (3.2 km) inside the mine at approximately 280 feet (85 m) below ground. Five four-man teams tried to make their way through the entries, which were 5.5 feet (170 cm) high. By 12:40 p.m. on January 3, they had reached 10,200 feet (3,100 m) into the mine. It was believed that the trapped miners were somewhere between 11,000 to 13,000 feet (3,400 to 4,000 m) from the entrance.

Two 6.25-inch (15.9 cm) holes were drilled from the surface into areas where the miners were believed to be; microphones and video cameras lowered into them for ten-minute periods did not find any signs of life.

Had Jason's drones been available we might have had a very different outcome. They can only stay there for so long and it is so dangerous to get to them.....
Sago Mine Disaster

Also Big Branch Mine Disaster
Paul actually lost someone that had worked with him in security while he was laid off from the mines

And knowing that most of my family works in mines, and knowing what they go into everyday.

Jason is amazing! He will save lives!

a reply to: WalkInSilence
Good morning WIS!

edit on 4/19/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I can show you a commercial type of thing that a film crew came here to shoot of me.
They go around filming different jobs and what not, for youth trying to decide what they want to do when they go to college.

Its not about my underground drone though. Its my surface drone work and how I change pictures into 3D models.

I just wish I would have remembered they were coming so I could have cleaned myself up a bit lol.
Of course they showed up on my last day of my shift - after being here for a week.
So I look like crap lol!
edit on 19-4-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Hopefully my vision comes true for having one in every mine as a safety measure.
I dont even care to make millions or anything, because if it saves 1 life, it was worth it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Hopefully my vision comes true for having one in every mine as a safety measure.
I dont even care to make millions or anything, because if it saves 1 life, it was worth it.

And that is why you belong in The Shed!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Marty, I somehow wasn't aware of your family's ties to mining. It all makes more sense to me now.

Jason...For starters, you do NOT look like crap! You are a handsome dude (and I loved the two-tone hair!).

I watched the video and found it fascinating. I loved your message to kids at the end.

Would you mind if I share it? I'm about to get involved with a local support group in town for youths. There have been a huge number of youth suicides in my small town (in a short period of time), hence the support group. I will likely be talking with kids in a mentor type role, and really would like to emphasize the whole, "Get off social media, away from the bullies...and find what you're interested/passionate about, and pursue it!!"

I can't even find the words to give you the proper credit you deserve. As a mom of 3 adults, I'm actually proud of you and know in my heart that you've created something wonderful (that will save lives).
jacy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: zosimov
On my graduation I had vowed to only consume Cognac(note the capital C ), what a glorious aftermath.

Lol, finally a graduate with brains!

Hi WIS, you have an excellent eye and you're right I changed my avatar to an Odilon.. as for its name, my foggy sleep head can't seem to find the name. The Visitation sounds great for now

As for the tears, (and my emo levels were already off the charts yesterday) I just find it really intense every time people go out of their way to comfort others in their pain.. idk. Not as emo today. About 5/10 on the charts.

GOOD MORNING Sheddites!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Good for you Mac, and wishing you all the success!
You're right that one life is worth infinitely more than any profit (but for your sake I do hope you make a profit).
My great grandfather died in a coal mine collapse- Forrest City PA, 1922.
to mining safety!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Honestly, I would be honored if you shared it with the support group.
And if you have any other questions never hesitate to PM me. We have a high suicide rate around my city as well.
Being in Northern Ontario, there are a lot of isolated first nation communities. These places are in a sort of suicide epidemic right now.

Marty actually introduced me to her father, whom has created something pretty incredible himself.
It ties into the IoT - internet of things. He has a program that talks to the world around it and reports on anomaly's discovered.
He flew up to Canada to meet up with me at one of my presentations. We hit it off and have started to work together in bringing both our tech together.
In the end it will be my drone being able to communicate with the world around it.
Flying to areas autonomously in the mine, that seismic activity has just occured, or places an employee was last seen.
Checking out drifts for high levels of gases.
Its pretty ground breaking stuff!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thank you very much!
Funny you mention PA.
A very large project that Martin's dad and I are taking on, is mapping and keeping track of all the abandoned mine areas in the state of PA. Apparently there are over 5000 of these places. He has connections to government officials in the area and has made great strides in us getting funding to conduct this application.

I had no idea there were so many mine sites in the PA region.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As soon as you guys are done in PA, WV has just as many - IF NOT MORE!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join