It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(N. Korean Crisis) - Will Peace Loving ET's allow a Nuclear exchange?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: silo13

No...would we suddenly appear on a foreign planet, zoom in and stop them from doing something? Thats illogical...and perhaps counterproductive.

I think we'd be the odd ones out...like extraterrestrials...and keep out of it, letting us do what we will. We wouldnt arrive somewhere and intervene right? Heck of an intro!

My opinion only.....

MS

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

All the U.S. does is intervene, and in fact that the U.S. intervening is what just might cause a nuke to fly. No reason to think that the Aliens would be any different.

Not that I am against intervention of the U.S. to NK. And, I'm certainly not against the Aliens intervening on a nuke shower.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
We are getting a lot of information about the North Korean nuclear program through the US filter organization 38 north

The original decision to prove the scientific theories underpinning mass to energy conversion was probably some sort of scientific manifest destiny. The continuing mission of big Science to unlock Gods secrets. There is so much classified data already available from previous tests, I can't imagine what new information they could be learning in North Korea from new tests?

There is a lot of similarity between the reported North Korean nuclear activity and recently declassified US nuclear program activity. Enough similarity to consider the possibility that the whole North Korean nuclear program is actually some kind of disclosure program.

www.theverge.com...

The missile rumors make headlines and creates public interest.

Nuclear programs follow a similar path. Right now Korea is in the bomb stage to big and bulky. There goal is to miniaturize the bomb to do that requires testing. In fact this is where they are having huge problems its not easy. I bet they dont get there anytime soon either if they had the ability to launch a nuke they would have. That would put them up with the big boys and make them a threat.

However having to drop a bomb is a threat to neighbors even there they get failures. With nukes it is very difficult to get the timing right for the explosive. enrichment of plutonium is also important it appears they are using uranium meaning smaller yields and need to use more. So as of now they have really heavy nukes with no way to get them to a target. They have alot of stages to go through to get a nuclear missile and we havnt even mention thermonuclear yet.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I for one am not pinning my hopes on ET's saving us from anything. Why would they? If we have resource they've a vested interest in then they would have come and claimed it long ago.

Maybe they have. What if we are the resource? There are many instances of missing without a trace. Who is to say that is not by design? Anyway just food for thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Captain Kirk and the boys always lent a helping hand. They where always saving someone or something's. Butt

It would violate the prime directive, so we have to learn on our own.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
silo13:

Will Peace Loving ET's allow a Nuclear exchange?

Seriously, your question is very immature, but I will treat it with a respect to the understandable fear you feel about the North Korea situation.

There have been thousands of nuclear tests since 1945, only a handful have been allegedly thwarted by the appearance of unknown interlopers. If we treat the allegations as fact, then perhaps they were just making sure they could neutralise our technologies for their own benefit, certainly not for ours.

Of course, looking for outside intervention by which we are saved from ourselves is not the way to go about things. The likelihood of such intervention is about as probable as me scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final. It just isn't going to happen, no matter how much I may wish and wish and wish.

Que sera sera. So stop worrying.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
silo13:

Will Peace Loving ET's allow a Nuclear exchange?

There have been thousands of nuclear tests since 1945, only a handful have been allegedly thwarted by the appearance of unknown interlopers. If we treat the allegations as fact, then perhaps they were just making sure they could neutralise our technologies for their own benefit, certainly not for ours.

You hit the nail on the head right here.

If ET/ aliens were worried about us destroying ourselves, they'd also interfere with chemical and biological weapons tests. They don't. They don't interfere with those tests because our chemical and biological weapons aren't a threat to them. They're only a threat to us. So, they don't care about them.

However, I don't care who you are. I don't care if you just traveled here from half-way across the galaxy. A thermonuclear bomb can wreck your spaceship. So, if the aliens do interfere with our nuclear tests, it's not for our safety; it's for their own. We're free to annihilate ourselves anytime and they won't do a thing to stop it.
edit on 4/18/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: namehere

This isn't Star Trek.

There is heavy evidence 'they' have intervened before on numerous occasions.

So, taking that into consideration - do you believe 'they' would, again?

peace

You're right, this isn't Star Trek. The 'heavy evidence' of which you speak isn't really anything of the sort. Edgar Mitchell was quoting what others had said, he always made it extremely clear he believed in the possibility of ET life but stressed he had no evidence to prove that.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Name one. Besides earth.

There just no limit huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If aliens existed .

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

?
What?

Like for the mineral content of the human body?

LOL

Can't they get that easier from the ground.

Slave?

The technologically advanced civilization uses living workers that need food and rest and eventually die?

Not robots?

Some things are self evident.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

And harbors all of the trappings of religious zealotry.

Some off world saviour.

Like superman!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No they haven't.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: silo13
I guess you'all are just not getting the point - ET's have been creited to interveaning in the past...

Why not now? Or why?

peace

Nope. Theyd likely zap Kim to Pluto sans space helmet, free the poor NK citizens from his regime, and evaporate all nukes.

And leave toys for all the good little girls and boys.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

People create their own wealth. Why would an alien care about how many pennies someone has?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm never surprised.
That's all.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

No there isn't.
You keep saying that but offer no evidence.
No don't bother. You can't offer evidence because none exists.

It's a story. An anecdote. Urban legend what ever. Just not the truth.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Yeah, I think it's a bit late to be worried about "peace loving ET's" jumping in to protect anything on Earth. WW1 and WW2 left tens of millions of people dead and major sections of entire countries in shambles. I think it's safe to say they don't give a crap if we off ourselves lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The fewer assumptions one has to make indicates the best answer.
edit on 4182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If I were an ET with the power, the first thing I would do, is zap the mouth of Mike Pence close and send him home. He is trying his best to start the end times by taunting NK.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloud9Chaser

Hmm. Knowing how people feel when outsiders tell them they'd better do something...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join