It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Theater faces criticism for gay versions of Bible stories

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gryphon66

You didn't think any of those people being critical actually cared about the content within did you? They just wanted to complain because GAY!

I know.

You know me though; I always hope that someone is actually interested in the facts.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just think. There are PLENTY of plays and media that make fun of Christianity FAR more overtly than this play does that these people are choosing to ignore to blanket complain about this play (ex as I previously brought up: The Book of Mormon). You know because Christianity can't touch gays, they don't want to get those gay cooties on their religion. That would require them to admit that homosexuality is part of the human condition.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Just think. There are PLENTY of plays and media that make fun of Christianity FAR more overtly than this play does that these people are choosing to ignore to blanket complain about this play (ex as I previously brought up: The Book of Mormon). You know because Christians can't touch gays, they don't want to get those gay cooties on their religion. That would require them to admit that homosexuality is part of the human condition.

Yep. Excellent point.

I kept trying to let folks know that this is a very old play in theater terms ... but of course, righteous outrage cares little about the truth.

I had written it off myself as dated and derivative ... but it may be worth a look. I'll see if I can get tickets and if so, I'll report on it first-hand ... of course, some won't be care about the opinion of a gay, areligious attention-seeker.

Pfft.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yeah. I must say that I've learned quite a bit about topics that I didn't have much interest in thanks to complainers being wrong about things and I become interested in the topic just researching it to shut them up.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If your religion cant survive a bit of satire then is it really worth holding onto at all?
Theatre is art, let's not be the sort of society that censors ideas in this way, eh?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is just one consequence of people having constitutional freedoms.

The things you may hold near and dear to your heart may be the target of someone else's freedom of speech.

Suppose we'll just have to get used to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, there's a few very prevalent tactics/scenarios on display in the discussion:

a) Gay people are inherently inferior (perverted, disgusting, abnormal) and don't deserve a voice (they're only attention-seeking, attacking religion, etc.)

b) Any criticism of American Christianity is always diverted to complaints about the acts of Islamic terrorists, and of course, the claim is made that all of Islam acts with the barbarity of radical terrorists.

c) Acts of Christian terrorism in the US are ignored in an endless cycle of false equivalence with events in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

d) Any critique of religion is an personal attack on religious people.

e) The fact that religious beliefs are one of the the only categories of Constitutionally protected classes based on intentional actions (i.e. a choice) is ignored.

f) While those who identify as LGBT are usually measured at around 2-5% of the population, those who have same-sex relations are a much higher percentage than some purists would be comfortable with ... for example MSM (men who have sex with men) trends as high as 16% of the population. Another inconvenient truth. Yet, the suggestion is made routinely that the rights of such a small percentage of Americans really doesn't matter.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

These LGBT Comunity dont like it when they can't get their own way but when they want to make mockery of christians, they dont care who they upset!

They want a cake from a Christian shop and take them to court so why can't this Theatrical group be taken to court??

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

These LGBT Comunity dont like it when they can't get their own way but when they want to make mockery of christians, they dont care who they upset!

They want a cake from a Christian shop and take them to court so why can't this Theatrical group be taken to court??

Well, let's start with what you'd "take the theatre to court" over? What law has been broken?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
why can't this Theatrical group be taken to court??

Easy. They haven't broken any laws.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's fun and great for everyone to make fun of Christianity!

If they want to be "brave" try putting on a gay show of Allah and the Koran.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's fun and great for everyone to make fun of Christianity!

The play is really not making fun of Christianity.

But thanks for another iteration of the false equivalence between religious parody and terrorist extremism.

ETA: AND ANOTHER THING...

If this play were making fun of Christianity, it's also making fun of Judaism and Islam.

The Jews stop before Jesus, of course, but some of you may be shocked to learn that Islam includes everything from Adam and Eve all the way through to a belief in the Second Coming of Jesus ... so IF the play is ridiculing Christianity it IS ridiculing Islam.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Act One covers the Garden of Eden, an ark, a visit with a highly rambunctious Pharaoh and finally even the Nativity. Along the way, Mabel and Adam invent God, but Jane and Steve are skeptical. This brings about the Flood, during which Steve has a brief affair with a rhinoceros and invents infidelity.

Ah, so bestiality is part of the play?

This is what they call "the Most Fabulous Story Ever Told", folks.

"Fabulous" (when used by gays) seems to be a code word for degenerate behavior.

Disgusting.
edit on 18-4-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

Act One covers the Garden of Eden, an ark, a visit with a highly rambunctious Pharaoh and finally even the Nativity. Along the way, Mabel and Adam invent God, but Jane and Steve are skeptical. This brings about the Flood, during which Steve has a brief affair with a rhinoceros and invents infidelity.

Ah, so bestiality is part of the play?

This is what they call "the Most Fabulous Story Ever Told", folks.

"Fabulous" (when used by gays) is simply a code word for degenerate behavior.

Disgusting.

Yes, because we should take seriously the joke that a man had a sexual liaison with a rhinoceros ...

... ignoring the ludicrous reality of that for a moment along with the ludicrous reality of the Noah's Ark myth ... hey ... you did get to try to dehumanize LGBT again with a random "degenerate" tossed off, eh?

Why are you so fascinated with our degeneracy again? What are you, jealous?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why are you so fascinated with our degeneracy again? What are you, jealous?

fascinated in the same way I'm fascinated by schizophrenics.

jealous? no. Just disgusted.

Yes, because we should take seriously the joke that a man had a sexual liaison with a rhinoceros ...

because only degenerates would find bestiality jokes in a play funny.

have your folks ever created art thats just..... normal? you know, art that does not revolve around degenerate behavior?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

LOL ... someone who believes in invisible beings is fascinated with schizophrenia ... imagine that.

Let me help you with something friend. Whenever you seek out a subject in order to bleat about how much it disgusts you ... that's probably a sign of something being repressed.

"My folks?" hmmm... well, since my "folks" have created everything from Shakespeare to Sondheim I guess you could say that's normal.

Say, you don't feel like all this "gay stuff" is being "shoved down your throat" do you?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Oh look!!! He thinks he has an original thought! Nobody ever thought of that in this thread!

Sighs. Always the same crap. People have mocked and offended Muslims all the time. Some Christians are sooooo special that they think we single them out for "persecution".

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: jjkenobi

Oh look!!! He thinks he has an original thought! Nobody ever thought of that in this thread!

Sighs. Always the same crap. People have mocked and offended Muslims all the time. Some Christians are sooooo special that they think we single them out for "persecution".

That's because the ignorant don't realize that Islam incorporates the Old and New Testaments.

But I digress ...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Nope.

The play and its "plotline" is disgusting and degenerate. That's an objective fact .

It's a sign that people making those plays are degenerates.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The funniest part was when the wannabe preacher said he'd read the Quran twice but Jesus apparently isn't the Messiah to Muslims.

Of course I don't know why Islam has been brought up at all in this thread, but it was humerous nonetheless.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join