It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you give up your nuclear weapons if US tells you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So assuming you are a leader of a peaceful country some what close to a Utopia.
Since the other superpower has nukes. You aim to have nukes for self defense only.

Then US comes near your border and tells you to give up your nukes or WMD. Would you do it?

What if you simply try to signing "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons", they threaten you instead?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Since the other superpower has nukes. You aim to have nukes for self defense only.

Then US comes near your border and tells you to give up your nukes or WMD. Would you do it?

What if you simply try to signing "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons", they threaten you instead?

Would you give up your lunch money to the school bully?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hell no, either there is immediate unilateral disarmament or I'm keeping hold of the button. If it's a good enough reason for Americans to keep hold of their guns it's good enough for my nukes.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gaddafi and Hussein to name but a few, that's what happens when you don't follow U.S. hegemony

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I doubt I would bother to build them in the first place.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Meh I don't need nukes anymore to protect my property.

Once I learned how to produce antimatter in large quantities and contain it in a magnetic field nukes seemed so lowtech.

My neighbors have learned to not play their music to loud and keep their dogs quiet since I can now vaporize several square miles around me if I'm having a bad day.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

You are double-talking your bull.

First you say you are a "peaceful nation with nukes", which is nonsense.

Bottom line is if you #ing piss us off we will bomb you.

do ewe understand?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No , I wouldn't give them up but I wouldn't be threatening to use them every 15 minutes either.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Listen. All the "what-if's" have a zillion possibilities. I assure you...all sides play war games scenarios with each side winning and losing, changing allies, types and ways of attack, MULTIPLE and SIMULTANEOUS attacks, retaliation...every possible scenario.

And they do that all day, every day, over and over to learn...actually HAVING a nuke or two doesnt deter much....just lob a few radiological or biological, chemical or hazardous material bombs. Just emp every damn body and forget the nukes...

I believe its the HAVING a nuke to THREATEN to use it. I think there are more horrendous things out there. I liken the whole "nuke" thing like a ..."Oh YEAH!? Well, WE got some nukes TOO!"

Back and forth and back and forth...When the option will cause the death of your country and its people in general....I only see some wacko might use it. I mean....use it and DESTROY yourself and country???

Kinda stupid...but then there's Baby Kim-Dear-Leader......and Iran's Im-a Nut-Job...

edit on 17-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i refuse to give up my lighter fluid and lighter 'i don't smoke', however when mixed with a titanium fork these three objects could go nuclear rather quickly under the right circumstances. So .. No.

I think most Countries would say they would, but in reality don't trust each other to the extent of giving up one's security. Canada however has quite a bit of Plutonium which is a bonus in itself.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't be stupid enough to own nukes if I ran a country. Can you imagine how much better conditions your people would have with all the money spent on the Nukes? Same with having an army to fight wars, it would be better not to have an army, otherwise you would be tempted to use it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Probably not. Or not at first.

Would we ask for them if you hadn't been constantly threatening to use them against us? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wouldn't be stupid enough to own nukes if I ran a country. Can you imagine how much better conditions your people would have with all the money spent on the Nukes? Same with having an army to fight wars, it would be better not to have an army, otherwise you would be tempted to use it.

Nice.

The same reason I don't own a gun. It is hard to use a weapon you don't have.

Peace?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
After stop laughing at them for such an absurd request would tell them hell no .

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

originally posted by: rickymouse

Nice.

The same reason I don't own a gun. It is hard to use a weapon you don't have.

Peace?

The thing is, the criminals do not know who owns a gun and who doesn't. so you are safer since these criminals do not know you do not own one. You do not need to own a gun to benefit from the majority who have them.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
After stop laughing at them for such an absurd request would tell them hell no .

You think wmd are comical?

People who die gives you joy?

What is wrong with you?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

The US is the only nation in the history of humans to actually use a nuke on other humans

And they did it twice

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

You think wmd are comical?

People who die gives you joy?

What is wrong with you?

What gives them the right to dictate to other countries how those countries should do things .

Worlds a cold hard place not everyone plays nice and I dont rely on others to provide security for me . Nor do I let them dictate what I can / cant do to ensure my security .

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lol, I just want to know when NK became a peaceful country close to utopia? Guess one fat kim's utopia is another several million people's living hell...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join