It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rare Sexually Transmitted Disease Strikes 2 in N.Y.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A rare sexually transmitted disease has been found in two New York men. The disease called Lymphogranuloma venereum, or LGV, has been spreading among gay and bisexual men in Europe, and now the Centers for Disease Control say that 6 cases are now in the U.S.. LGV is caused by a a strain of chlamydia and can cause painful, bloody rectal infections and genital ulcers.

story.news.yahoo.com
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two New Yorkers have been diagnosed with a rare sexually transmitted disease that is spreading among gay and bisexual men in Europe, the city health commissioner said on Wednesday.

The disease, known as LGV or Lymphogranuloma venereum, is caused by specific strains of chlamydia and is often marked by painful, bloody rectal infection and genital ulcers.

"LGV is a serious condition and its emergence in New York City reflects continuing high levels of unsafe sexual activity among men who have sex with men," Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden told a news conference.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It highlights the degree of unprotected sex that continues to go on within the U.S. One of the fallouts of the AIDS cocktail is that the disease is now viewed as a chronic one as opposed to a uniformly fatal one. It will be interesting from an epidemiology standpoint to see if this outbreak can be contained through education and treatment.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Something out there (in the universe) is trying to send a message to humans- your anus is for excretion!

Whether it be God, evolution or manmade, mankind has been hit over and over with deadly diseases spread by aberrant sexual activity. The innocent, the accidentally infected (blood transfusions, supposedly 'straight sex,' etc.) will suffer and die as well.

Agreed that AIDs has seemingly lost its fear value, now another disease plagues humanity. While millions are suffering and dying from AIDs mankind doesn't seem to have taken heed.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Is this the 'Red Queen Theory' in action? [You have to run as fast as you can just to stay in place]

Pathogens exist, evolve and thrive given half a chance.

Im gay. Sex is very enjoyable. Exchanging bodily fluids is a high risk proposition. I hate to see one more STD afflicting gay men. [or anyone]
Please guys, live like monks or little old ladies so you will survive longer.

I sound like a real kill-joy. Better to kill a little joy then kill yourself and/or someone else. [I sound like elders always used to sound]

Try to be monogamous AND safe. Or,
Masturbate and find some other activities to keep your mind engaged.

I hate these damn diseases. I remember carefree sex. It was glorious.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Something out there (in the universe) is trying to send a message to humans- your anus is for excretion!

Or maybe this is proof that there are life forms out there which thrive inside of other life forms and cause adverse effects. I'm not saying your moral values are not valid, I'm just saying that biological phenomenon have biological explanations which do not necessarily require God (although they don't rule God out either.) I for one do not think it's time to sacrifice a virgin to the fertility god just yet. (forgive the joke, i couldn't resist).

Whether it be God, evolution or manmade, mankind has been hit over and over with deadly diseases spread by aberrant sexual activity. The innocent, the accidentally infected (blood transfusions, supposedly 'straight sex,' etc.) will suffer and die as well.

Who decides who is innocent? People who get STDs from straight sex are not innocent because the mutual practice of life-long monogamy can protect a couple from infection. Homosexuals are no more deserving of this illness than anyone else.

Agreed that AIDs has seemingly lost its fear value, now another disease plagues humanity. While millions are suffering and dying from AIDs mankind doesn't seem to have taken heed.

Heed of what though? When did God become so subtle about killing people? Why doesn't he just rain sulfer on us like he did to Sodom and Gamorrah? Why doesn't he send a prophet to indict us then hit us with 10 plagues, each more horrible than the last, until we do what he says? Forgive me for being sarcastic but what gibs? Is this God's new affirmative action policy; he doesn't actively smite the wicked if they are a minority, so he sends a microbe to do it instead?
As for AIDS: who is being ravaged worse than anyone else by AIDS? I'll give you a hint: it's not a sexually-defined group here in America. So why would God want to depopulate Africa? That sounds more like the agenda of an American bio-weapons program if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
AIDS and other STD generally thrive communities on two conditions:

REASON
1. freguent sex with different partners
2. these partners come from a relatively small population and is sort of closed in nature, like drawing sweeps from a barrel with 1000 numbers instead of a million, you are more likely to get the grand prize.

In the eighties gay white men were notoriously associated with AIDS, lets examine why:

Reason 1: freguent sex with different partners

The hunger for multiple partners is not strictly gay, but mostly a male natural instinct, in fact if attractive females started offering themselves to you in big numbers for sex, how many straight man could resist ?????
In a way we can be thankfull that females tend to need a good deal of persuation and are selective, seeking quality rather than quantity as strategy for breeding. Males tend to prefer quantity to produce as much offspring, reasons why kings and powerfull man tend to have more wifes. Now you take 2 males, this selectionmechanism does no longer exist.

All i am saying gay men are not much more "sexual perverts" than straights, but rather females preserve us the faite

Reason 2: Sweepstakes, closed population

It's a well known fact that because of their minority status and feeling unaccepted in many rural areas, they tend to be drawn to the big cities where they find more of their kind, Hence closed subcultures are formed.

Lately, it seems that black females in the USA are targeted by AIDS,

I dont's know exactly why, could somebody comment on that?:

Reason 1: freguent sex with different partners

It's well known that in black culture females often have kids from different biological fathers. But this has been going on for a long time, why the upsurge in AIDS?
- Is their a rise in sexual promiscuity among black females, if so, why? poor conditions, sugardaadies ? selling body for crack ? sharing needles ? mtv ? other ?
- Or are they more likely to be infected by bi-sexual black males , this caused a small delay to reach critical mass before they transferred it from white males to black females in big numbers ???
- other ?

Reason 2: Sweepstakes, closed population
- ghetto, gangs ?

Or are the religious people right? has this soceity become to free, lost its values and sense of direction and bound to crash like a unguided missile without the big sheepherder ?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Something out there (in the universe) is trying to send a message to humans- your anus is for excretion![/QUOTE]
Bescause there are STD ass-ociated with it? There are more STDs associated with normal intercourse. Does that mean its not something that supposed to be done also?

by aberrant sexual activity.

More like spread by just plain old sexual activity.

Agreed that AIDs has seemingly lost its fear value

If they ever finda cure for aids then its going to a global orgy

the vagabond
Or maybe this is proof that there are life forms out there which thrive inside of other life forms and cause adverse effects

Bwa! You must be one of those 'germ theory of disease people'. Don't you know its just a theory!! (j.k of course!)

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So did I read it right? it only spreads in gays? Thats so stupid, the only way this could happen is, 1. someone made it to kill gays, and or being gay is genetic.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
this is yet another example the risk of being gay brings to a person....just like HIV this disease only targets gay people....the gay people could protect themselves with condoms but 99% of the time they are all high on drugs and that clouds their judgement...condoms are not 100% effective but they would help a great deal....another point is that condoms are not made for anal sex so they are even less effective than the sex normal people would have.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeticha
this is yet another example the risk of being gay brings to a person....just like HIV this disease only targets gay people

Are you freakin kidding me. Dont be so unaware. HIV doesnt target anyone, it kills equally. People like you really need to wake up and smell your own poo.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
OK Nygdan...
First of all don't get your hopes up for the post-AIDS global orgy. You have to remember that the vast majority of the population is... well... I guess you'd say not suited to that purpose. There is a reason that orgies are no longer held as public events; quality control is important!

More importantly, I suppose we could always try an experiment to see if disease is actually caused by demons instead of germs. Back in the day, they would drill a hole in your head to let the demon out, but in this case the demon isn't in the victims head... and drilling holes is how the demon gets in to begin with. So in this case what we have to do is cork up the entry-point so that no new demons can enter, then have the victim drink holywater to drown the demon inside of him.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
it is very well known that gay diseases like hiv and the disease in this article target gay people by signaling out their gay gene. people just don't like the facts of the matter.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

target gay people by signaling out their gay gene..

Its is not true.

You believe that being gay is genetic, and not a choice?

There are tons of people that are straight that have HIV/AIDs....

Most of africa is gay?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This will have all the religious homophobes out in force bad mouthing, condemning and playing god by judging
others...using it to spread more falsehoods, more of reason to hate....even though their own bible tells them different

Note Please I said the religious homophobic not all Christians

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

this is yet another example the risk of being gay brings to a person....just like HIV this disease only targets gay people[/QUOTE]
What are you stupid or something? It neither disease targets gays, neither require 'man on man' anal sex in order to spread, hell they don't even require anal sex to spread.

....the gay people could protect themselves with condoms but 99% of the time they are all high on drugs

Thats been your experience with being gay? Whenever you do your drugs you start having gay sex?

quality control is important!

Bwa! Seems to have not made too much of a difference to all those dirty hippies back in the day tho. Unshaven 'nature girls' who haven't showered in three months or washed their congealed hair in over a year, picking gravel out of their feet all day.

So in this case what we have to do is cork up the entry-point so that no new demons can enter, then have the victim drink holywater to drown the demon inside of him.

Duh that wouldn;'t work since scientific-like experiments have showm that corks are full of holes, so how could it keep the water in! It might work for wine, but only an evil demon possesed person would drink alky-hool! Besides, since corks are used for wine consumption, whenever people use them they are drinking, so their observations are, like, totally not good enough.

yeticha
by signaling out their gay gene

They use semiphore or morse code to do this? Or is it arse code? Twit.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

it is very well known that gay diseases like hiv and the disease in this article target gay people by signaling out their gay gene. people just don't like the facts of the matter.

There is no such thing as a "gay" gene....Proof please.

....the gay people could protect themselves with condoms but 99% of the time they are all high on drugs

Again...prove it . That's the one of the most unintelligent things I have ever read here..

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i don't have the burden of proof...you do!! you say that there is no gay gene..prove it.......AIDS is not even in africa since those dying of so-called "aids" are actually dying of other diseases and thos people are in turn heterosexual only...they get the hiv virus and then die of chronic wasting disease or some other infectious disease and it is then classified as "aids"...they do not die of aids, they die of another disease that can kill anyone.....now i'm sure there are gay people in africa and they are the ones that contract AIDS....remember, heterosexual people cannot get it

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

i don't have the burden of proof...you do!! you say that there is no gay gene..prove it.......AIDS is not even in africa since those dying of so-called "aids" are actually dying of other diseases and thos people are in turn heterosexual only...they get the hiv virus and then die of chronic wasting disease or some other infectious disease and it is then classified as "aids"...they do not die of aids, they die of another disease that can kill anyone.....now i'm sure there are gay people in africa and they are the ones that contract AIDS....remember, heterosexual people cannot get it

hetero's can't get aids ? what about magic johnson ?
there is no aids in africa ? you win the arse of the day award !

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
MAGIC johnson has hiv....hiv cases in africa can be of anyone...when someone dies of hiv in africa they did not die of aids they died of another debilitating disease like tuberculosis, malaria, chronic wasting etc....like i said, i'm sure there are some gay people in africa though and they come down with aids

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
have you heard the thoery some homo-phobes are really expressing self-hatred, as they have some gay tendencies, and can't deal with it ?

hmmmmmmmmmm..................

I'd like to hear more about who the virus can tell if its host is hetero or not. What if you experimented in college, but never went all the way ? wow, that virus is somehting......

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
just like the theory that gayness is not genetic, there is a theory that it is genetic....no one proved it either way....i tend to believe it is genetic so when a gay person has sex the hiv recognizes the gay gene and attacks and in turn mutates into AIDS...the hiv doesn't mutate into AIDS for heterosexuals though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join