It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*LIVE Discussion During State of the Union Address

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
I think the Democrats could be a little stronger in their rebuttle.

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, but I wish the democrats would come across a little stronger anyway!
I know exactly what you mean...they have the ones with the bow ties and nerdy looks, and soft voices speaking..the spineless jellyfish are the ones to rebut Bush. You'd think they could have someone whose speech can make an impact.:@

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Why listen? She just parots Bush?!

Ok, I can see the diagnosis. You Republicans have selective listening.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I think the Democrats could be a little stronger in their rebuttle.

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, but I wish the democrats would come across a little stronger anyway!
I know exactly what you mean...they have the ones with the bow ties and nerdy looks, and soft voices speaking..the spineless jellyfish are the ones to rebut Bush. You'd think they could have someone whose speech can make an impact.:@

Yeah, they lack the brainless shovinistic type, such as Bush.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
One of the best speeches I've ever heard! Go BUSH!!!

You should have paid attention in history class then.

By the way, is it common to hear excessive Hootin and Hollerin™ during a state of the union address? I had to turn it off it got so annoying. Why can't they just let him speak and get it all out there? You'd think it was the Academy Awards or something.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Poll is currently 70-72% pessimistic.

Please show your support for Dubya by voting that you are hugely optimistic about your future and the future of the US, after his rousing speech, at the link. Your president needs you.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Senator Orrin Hatch is supporting drilling in Alaska. Great! Ruin Alaska.....oh well, I don't plan on visiting Alaska, why do I care?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Please show your support for Dubya by voting that you are hugely optimistic about your future and the future of the US, after his rousing speech, at the link. Your president needs you.

That makes me feel so much better. Pessimistic people like me, I love this poll! LOL!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
Senator Orrin Hatch is supporting drilling in Alaska. Great! Ruin Alaska.....oh well, I don't plan on visiting Alaska, why do I care?

Actually the Majority of Alaskans support Oil Drilling unfortunately. It seems the Western Way of life is more important then protecting that awesome landscape. Ahh who am i kidding it will all be melted in 30 years anyway

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Umm, MaskedAvatar, you are aware that such online polls are almost relative, if not immaterial? Why? Because any political group or political discussion board, such as democraticunderground or freerepublic, for example, can simply 'flood' such polls, making them loopsided or 'weighted'?

seekerof

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It's a wonderfull place, I highly recomend going to Alaska before we actually put it to use

In all seriousness though, it is about 1/3 the size of the continental US - there is no way they ruin it all.

The only problem with it is that it's light out till like 11 at night.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by American Mad Man]

link   
double post

link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Well thanks, for the link I just did my vote.

link   
The intelligence of Fox News watchers. On their poll on Social Security Reform, 10% say we need to get rid of Social Security enitirely. LOL! Fox News viewers need a brain.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The intelligence of Fox News watchers. On their poll on Social Security Reform, 10% say we need to get rid of Social Security enitirely. LOL! Fox News viewers need a brain.

I agree with them.

I know for a fact I can save better the the federal government can. Why should my money work at 50% of what I could get it to?

Why should I be FORCED to give the federal government my money so they can save it for me?

I trust my own investment prowess far more then the abillity of the government.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why are Republicans so narrow minded. Just because someone disagrees with their way of thinking, doesn't necessarily mean that they are a Democrat.

They might register as one, to vote in the primarys, but there are many shades of politics, (ways of living), etc... rather than just the "Dems" & the Republicans.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Umm, MaskedAvatar, you are aware that such online polls are almost relative, if not immaterial?

Seekerof

My understanding of statistics leaves yours for dead.

Anyone can lie with them.

What the hell does "almost relative" mean, anyway?

QED.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hallelujah!

There has been a rally from 73% pessimism back to 72% pessimism.

Where are the supposed "51% of Americans" when ya need 'em?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

as posted by MaskedAvatar
My understanding of statistics leaves yours for dead.

Talk is cheap. Provide to the contrary.

Anyone can lie with them.

Glad you admitted such. Thank you.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I agree with them.

I know for a fact I can save better the the federal government can. Why should my money work at 50% of what I could get it to?

Why should I be FORCED to give the federal government my money so they can save it for me?

I trust my own investment prowess far more then the abillity of the government.

It's there for your own security. In case of many things. It would be ridiculious to get rid of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
YES! Finally someone admitted it, Ron Reagan said that the use of those parents was a political prop! Finally, someone admits it!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join