*LIVE Discussion During State of the Union Address

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This Thread Is For A Live Discussion During The State Of The Union Address.

Post your thoughts, feelings, ideas, opinions, etcetera about the President's speech here.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]




posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
To watch speech via internet go here:

www.whitehouse.gov...


The speech is about to begin. Start the discussion.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I suggest MSNBC to watch the speech for a rational critique of the President's speech. Let's begin the discussion.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the invite...I'll stick to Fox though thank you



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Thanks for the invite...I'll stick to Fox though thank you


LOL! I knew someone would say it. I'm glad you said it though, American Mad Man. No matter our difference on that other discussion, I respect you.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nice opening remarks....



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Thanks for the invite...I'll stick to Fox though thank you


LOL! I knew someone would say it. I'm glad you said it though, American Mad Man. No matter our difference on that other discussion, I respect you.


Likewise - I do enjoy a good debate.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This will be my viewing of the SOTU, live to air here at ATS. I never want to hear one from this imbecile puppet president again. I'll throw in the occasional metaphorical grenade from slightly right of center at the rear. Or "listen" quietly.




posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Did he say prostituted corporate criminals??? that's what it sounded like to me




posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Nice opening remarks....
He's buttering us up for some grand plan of his, I'm afraid to suggest any ideas on what it might be. Hopefully just Social security reform, which I support his plan on that.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nice - some good old conservative values.

Cut the deficit in half by 2009.

I'm interested to hear some specifics.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am in favor of getting rid of many of the trial lawyer lawsuits as well.

It will help cut the cost of insurance, as well as allow doctors to make the decisions.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by American Mad Man]



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I cannot be a hypocrite. This is a monster in the making- The shot of him and Cheney makes me ill.
Lies and more lies- I like his opening remark saying that he was the voted president...yada yada yada...Another lie.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, he didnt dissapoint me- he just said "nukelear"



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Democrats aren't standing. That helps them a lot, LOL! If they were as intelligent as they want us to believe then they would've dipped their fingers the ink also, to show unity. Thereby, getting some Republicans to listen to them. I'm disappointed in my Democrats but am really disappointed in the Republicans for being shovinistic with their new lead in seats. But I can't really blame them either. The Republicans are destroying all the good policies set by Clinton which took eight years. So, I guess they have the right to show disrespect.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He's gonna have his hands full if he thinks the nation will sit idly by and let Social Security get screwed. While it's a good idea to have your own, private $$ put aside for your retirement, Social Security is needed by many Americans.
I voted for the man, but this is too much.
Both sides of the aisle are out to mess with the citizens over SS and need to be stopped.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lies and more lies- I like his opening remark saying that he was the voted president...yada yada yada...Another lie.


Then who was voted president????? Kerry?



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This will be my viewing of the SOTU, live to air here at ATS. I never want to hear one from this imbecile puppet president again. I'll throw in the occasional metaphorical grenade from slightly right of center at the rear. Or "listen" quietly.



AWWW come-on MA I watched Clinton for eight long years, cussing at the tv the whole time. Least you can do is the same.



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
He's gonna have his hands full if he thinks the nation will sit idly by and let Social Security get screwed. While it's a good idea to have your own, private $$ put aside for your retirement, Social Security is needed by many Americans.
I voted for the man, but this is too much.
Both sides of the aisle are out to mess with the citizens over SS and need to be stopped.


I believe the idea is to privatize it because SS is so messed up. Private companies tend to be much more effecient then federal ones.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by American Mad Man]



posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
BOOO'ING ??? LOL!!! Did ya'll hear that?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]





new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join