*LIVE Discussion During State of the Union Address

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
^%@^%@^@%@%^%@%&#^@&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Here comes the draft! Thanks, 51% of america. I get to go fight FOR your dumb #$@'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 2-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

Dude - there is not going to be a draft. It just isn't going to happen. Except it. It's nothing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'll believe you if in four years there was not one. But for right now, neither of us know.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Now why do you suppose they have a separate system. If they don't trust SS as it is why should you?

That federal government emplyee pesnion system was set up long before it was reported that SS was in trouble.
I still say, how do we know it IS in trouble.

The City of Detroit is one of the most mis-managed cities in the country. YET, its pension fund is one of the best funds in the country, about 93% self funded. And guess what, they send me annual reports every year to prove it.

Why cant the US do the same and put up the annual report on the 'Net? I think there's way more $$ there and they want it.

Originally posted by Halfofone
how about the responcability to provide good education?

Education is not a federal issue. It should be in the state's arena ONLY. The federal government tries to do too much for too many and ends up doing too little for far too few. And, you can quote me on that!
And, Bush better not be saying I have to pay more $$ to support community colleges than I already do, via prop taxes.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Oh yes...................96 humm I remember my husband got great dividends on his investements the following year, what a live back them, we even cashed some stocks and have a great time.

How can I forget.

Nevermind Marg - you will never get it - I give up.

btw do you have even the slightest inkling why the market crashed - I somehow doubt you do.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We don't know where Social Security really stands, but I believe that if he hadn't put all that money into the Iraq war, put it into Soc. Sec. instead, then there wouldn't be a problem w/ Soc. Sec.

Not for a very long time at least.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The "Blue Fingertip". And of course her finger wasn't blue.

This is a very finely crafted & calculated presentation. It reeks of Rove's influences & associations. I can't wait for a reference to the 'new order of the ages', 'new order', or 'new world order'. He did it during the inauguration!

MK

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Education is not a federal issue. It should be in the state's arena ONLY. The federal government tries to do too much for too many and ends up doing too little for far too few. And, you can quote me on that!
And, Bush better not be saying I have to pay more $$ to support community colleges than I already do, via prop taxes.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

btw do you have even the slightest inkling why the market crashed - I somehow doubt you do.

What I do know is that those in the know got out before it crashed. And didn't bother to tell us until after the fact.
Like some of those financial "whizzes" on CNBC.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Phoenix, You must be someone who either doesnt give a darn, or an old person who has no children to worry about..or just plain someone who doesnt give a crap. We have children, me and Marg. We worry. Its time someone told you the facts. Okay?
We're not stupid or oblivious as to what happens in this world. Have a little compasion.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

The City of Detroit is one of the most mis-managed cities in the country. YET, its pension fund is one of the best funds in the country, about 93^ self funded. And guess what, they send me annual reports every year to prove it.

SS is not a pension fund and it has virtually no investment activety to report unless you like IOU's from the treasury.

DTOM, you make the case for reform as you continue to add info - thanks.

PS: reference Galveston TX as an example and case is closed.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

The "Blue Fingertip". And of course her finger wasn't blue.

This is a very finely crafted & calculated presentation. It reeks of Rove's influences & associations. I can't wait for a reference to the 'new order of the ages', 'new order', or 'new world order'. He did it during the inauguration!

MK

And she also made a peace symbol. Meaning there is Peace in Iraq? Or please no more war?

link   
Oooh, now he's talking about immigration issues. Do you think his temporary worker plan has any hope of being effective?

link   

Well what do you want me to do? I only remember good things from 96.

By the way what do you mean? We are going to have another market crash again? !!!!!!No!!!!!! under bush, are you kidding!

link   
Why? Doesn't even one single person question some of the lies spouting from his mouth?

I know I guess it's not proper "ettiquette", but do they have to give him a standing ovation every time he spews out something ridiculous?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Phoenix, You must be someone who either doesnt give a darn, or an old person who has no children to worry about..or just plain someone who doesnt give a crap. We have children, me and Marg. We worry. Its time someone told you the facts. Okay?
We're not stupid or oblivious as to what happens in this world. Have a little compasion.

Have a little compasion on how I choose to spend my hard earned dollars on my children and my wife.

Charity is a gift not an obligation.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
2 reasons for a good economy in the late 90's.

1. Huge dollars spent on Y2K compliance. Anyone who could SPELL IBM, could get a job!

2. Dot Com Ghost dollars, inflating the markets, you were lucky if you got out in time..The late 90's reality check.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
DG, Phoenix have not clue about life, doesn't he, that is ok if he is to old he will not care, if he is to young his time will come.

By the way tell me the last time Bush has a truth about anything coming from his mouht. Never.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by marg6043]

link   
Why do they always use something to stir up emotions right after they tell us their plans of war? So, we will feel guilty to question their next conquest?

link   

SS is not a pension fund and it has virtually no investment activety to report unless you like IOU's from the treasury.

DTOM, you make the case for reform as you continue to add info - thanks.

They still should have an accounting of what they do with the money, how much there is, etc. Even if all they do is let it sit there and earn .05%. We should still see that balance sheet.
More than reform, we need accountibility!!!

Now, here's telling us about reforming the medical insurance plans, yikes!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
^%@^%@^@%@%^%@%&#^@&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Here comes the draft! Thanks, 51% of america. I get to go fight FOR your dumb #$@'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncalled for, unwarrented, circumventing the censors, no profanity allowed, and all per the T&C of this site.

Chill please, The Division Bell. You entitled to your opinion, but do it within the contexts of the T&Cs of this site, please.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join