It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Candy Choice and What it Says About You..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I don't think you are supposed to eat the real bunnies,

WHAT ????????????????

appologies for brevity - but thats the only reply i can muster that is T&C compliant

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Let's put the candy back into Easter!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What is the connection between a rabbit, an egg and chocolate?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, to be precise I prepare lamb for the eastern feast. "Eastern lamb". But once in a while, a good prepared rabbit stuffed with vegetables (carrots...), a dark sauce and selfmade spätzle is something delicious.

Even the kids will say "bunny tastes good" and I will reply, it´s so tender because you played so much with it.

Ok, the last part was fun....

I´m old and not into all the sweets anymore...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Reese's peanut butter eggs here, the only thing I really like out of the Easter candy.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ignorant_ape

Lol..it's ok. I was joking. I guess that didn't come through very well..sorry if I upset you. I really didn't mean to. I don't eat a ton of candy either.

dfnj2015
Easter is usually the only time I really eat any. But we try to buy the person their favorite type of candy for Easter. One bag of your favorite is better than a basket full of stuff you won't eat.

knowledgehunter0986

There is a thread that, if you read it, has some good, varied explanations in here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Probably can explain a bit better about that stuff, and be a lot more clear than I can when doing so.

verschickter

Lol, you make rabbit sound good to eat. And I'm glad I didn't offend you. I really didn't mean to.

Thank you to everyone who replied in the thread.

blend57

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

What is the connection between a rabbit, an egg and chocolate?

Sex and chocolate go hand-in-hand, my friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

it tastes a bit like chicken but with a wild touch to it..
offended? I´m not offendable over religion or food.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
try "dunkle herrenschokolade" (dark gentlemans chocolate) from lindt/sarotti. 90% cacao, blends very well with a powerfull red wine.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

edit on 16-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

spaetzle is one of my all time favorite comfort foods. Buttered and served beside any protein.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
You know spaetzle? Made my day
They harmonize well with everything saucy. Done right, they will literally suck the sauce from the dish and become married in a blizzful dance.

Make fresh spaetzle (ie: in water) and everytime you skim them from the surface and put it in a bowl, throw cheese under the fresh ones. Then fry some cut onions to a glasy-brown texture. Serve with fresh ground pepper and salt.
Forget Mac&Cheese, Käs´spätzle it is!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Cadbury cream eggs and reeses peanut butter eggs.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Definitely Peeps but I like them aged a little so they are chewy. My second has to be the chocolate rabbit.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Okay finally on topic:

When I crave something sweet, it has to be Reese´s Peanutbutter Cups. Maybe nothing special for Americans... but I can only get ones that are not fresh (you can get them at fuel stations sometimes but most times the sugar crystalized), if my relatives from Canada would not send a package (and vice versa) sometimes, I´d miss that delicious treat.

If I could, however, sink my teeth in an american donut, the one I tasted in canada (technically, canada is in america), I would ditch the Reeses and take that.

Good how delicious. I tried it with french fried fry oil (thanks to bigfatfurytexan) but they still lack that special taste.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Cadbury Mini Eggs
You might not know it, but you're a taste-maker. You're probably a part-time writer with strong stances on politics and feminism. People listen to you when you talk. You're obsessed with Twitter and love having conversations with strangers to pick their brains.

We call the stupid things "crack" eggs because they're darn irresistible. I've got the tail end of a bag sitting in front of my comp now and I've probably gained a few pounds this past month thanks to them.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Im an accountant in a company with several high end, "fine dining" restaurants. While i don't get paid to cook it, i love cooking and pick up prep tips from some of the top notch chefs in the state.

Buttered Spaetzle has been on a couple of our menus.

Not to mention the "Second Germany" that much of Texas seems to be. It was Germans who actually settled the state.

ETA: im from hungarian heritage, so our food shares quite a few similarities with German food. We are heavier on paprika, and our dumplings are egg dumplings. Which i actually prefer over traditional southern dumplings.
edit on 4/16/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know there not healthy.

But a couple won't kill ya.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Ah I love hungarian goulash, it´s only good with that paprika jelly from Hungaria, it just tastes better.

Spätzle pro tip:

I don´t know if you know the stuff that is called "semmelbrösel". It´s basically ground white bread to a fine grain. I´m sure there is something equivalent to it. The same stuff that you use with eggs to get the "dough" that you put on Schnitzels.

After you buttered the spätzle in a pan and put them aside, throw a slice of butter into it and let it melt, but not cook up yet. sprinkle "semmelbrösel" into the butter until the top stays dry. turn on max heat and steer slowly until the mass starts to foam up like crazy. When the mass seperates again into small grains and has a nice brown texture, sprinkle them over the spätzle
. Different worlds without "bräsäla"... That´s swabian for Bröselchen, that´s High-German for (very) small bread crumbs.
edit on 16-4-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Robin eggs used to be my favorite because I loved malted milk balls growing up, but those stupid Cadbury mini eggs displaced them for the crown of top Easter candy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join